Sauber Excellence SE-400

Sauber Excellence SE-400

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (3)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (4)
HhA

HhAMelbourne

Its very okay

If you are short and have narrow corridors in your house reconsider this option.
It is good but man so hard to lug around.Wish they had another longer extension to add to so I dont have to move the main machine around.Wanted to return it to get something else but godfreys is giving peanuts to take it back.I dont use as much as I would like to.

Purchased in August 2016 at Godfreys.

Product is usedRarely
Floor TypeCarpet
Aaron B.

Aaron B.Hunter Region, NSW

the best on the market!

we use this on carpet and tiles, we have 2 big dogs and a kid, the thing gets a workout but everytime i use it im happy i spent the money

Purchased in March 2013.

Product is usedWeekly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Mediocre vacuum

Used the vacuum for 4yrs now and displays warning hazard with thermometer.
Tried changing filters and the sub sauber vacuum container but no joy. Not happy with it at all at this point.

Purchased in January 2016 at Godfreys for $600.00.

Product is usedMonthly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

Hannah

HannahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love my vacuum

Had it for 5 years now. Power head is amazing. Never had trouble with it. Gets the carpets super clean. Also mine came with a 5yr warranty and free servicing!

Purchased in January 2014 at Godfreys for $2,200.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Customer S.Sauber

Good performance but cheap hardware.

Purchased in September 2016.

Product is usedMonthly

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Nickeesha

NickeeshaChinchilla

Best vacuum ever

Ive had my vacuum for just about 4 years and its amazing i would definitely get another one . The only thing i dont really like about it is going around corners apart from that ive had no problems . Love it how my family come over and bring there blow up mattress and i can use the vaccum to blow it up .

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Daniel H

Daniel HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Vacuum Ever Had

With a husky x and 2 cats, we have always been on the market for the best vacuum to clean our long carpets in our house. We have tried all the top brands from Godfreys and Harvey Norman from Dyson, Wertheims, Vorwerks and I can not go past the Sauber Excellence.

The price is definitely the key concern for post with RRP $2200, but the stores are willing to be negotiated down to $1700-1800.

I highly recommend the bag saver attachment as this captures so much of the dust and saves money on replacement bags.

Date PurchasedSept 2015
rexyb

rexybSouth West, WA

Best ever bought

Yes its big just like the old Kirbys and Electroluxs. As a matter of fact its a luxury arm of Electrolux but you know its big and heavy when you buy it. Has fantastic filter system and when using visualiser extends bags by 6 months. Read manual carefully as you only change bag when LCD display says to not if you think it looks full. Cleans carpet better than some so called professionals and has an attachment for everything. $2500 less $300 for trade in is at the top end but does come with 10 years free annual servicing. If you stick to what the display tells you about what needs changing and service once a year should last ages.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good but !!!

I purchased this product from Godfreys . My main concern was ease of use .. The salesman showed me on the floor of Godfreys and it seemed to do everything . Yes ...He was correct it does a really good job but it is so heavy and the suction tube kinks which I was told it wouldn't . I hate vacuuming and told godfreys my concern about the unit hitting into furniture etc .. They said "NO" it glides easily . I hate this vacuum cleaner ..it is so hard to use and very heavy . I paid over $1500 for it . I went to Godfreys to buy the expensive bags and yes they were out of stock !!!! I don't reside close to a city and will have to drive again over 100 kms to purchase the overpriced bags ....Go figure ?

Date PurchasedNov 2010
Customer S.Sauber

Love it excellent for dog hair.

So easy to manoeuvre not heavy at all, cleans beautifully every time had it for 2 years now not one issue. Great for carpets picking up all the dust underneath, and the power head does all the work, plus have used it as a air purifier which works well. Love it. Worth the money.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
MrHonest

MrHonestSydney, NSW

Good product but very expensive.

Purchased this vacuum cleaner from Godfreys Parramatta. Salesperson convinced me to buy the product for $1800. Initially, I was very happy but over the period I realized that it is very heavy for daily use. Overly priced. I won't recommend it although the quality is very good. Not fit for my purpose.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Brad McAlpineAdelaide South Australia

What a rip off

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Will do later today

B.C

B.CBrisbane

Over priced crap

This brand is not from Switzerland as Godfrey's told me - it is a Godfrey's brand dressed up like a superior brand, when in fact it is a cheap piece of crap made in China. I've had mine 4 years and I've repaired it a few times already. I've spent about $700 repairing it and it cost over $1000. It's a scam. You would be better off buying a cheap one for $200 or not even bothering and hiring one from the supermarket.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Gab

GabNSW, 2565

Heavy. Clunky. Not 'bagless'.

Waste of money. Says it's bagless with the attachment but you can't operate the vacuum without a bag in. I've hated this thing ever since it's been introduced into my household.

It's very clunky and it does not maneuver well throughout the house.

Better off getting a Dyson. Don't be sold to at Godfreys. Unfortunately that happened to the person in my home that bought it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Flickergood

FlickergoodQLD, 4301

Works great, but bulky

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Briony Kennish

Briony KennishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best vacuum I have ever owned

I love this vacuum I have cats and dogs inside and it picks up all of their fur from the carpets and the lounges .
I find it easy to manuever but it is not a light vacuum by any means, I love being able to control the suction power on my carpets and hardwood floors plus the extra attachments that come with it and it also comes with a 10 year warranty and a service .

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
JohnSmi7h

JohnSmi7hAU

Best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned

Over the years I have owned many different brands of vacuums like Dyson, Miele, Electrolux and Nilfisk. Hands down this is the best out of all the vacuum cleaners I have owned. I have a few properties so I have tended to experiment with the popular brands that are quite good but they all fail to meet my high expectations, I have alot of carpets and pets which means pet hair is a big problem. Nothing else has managed to clean my carpets and remove those stubborn pet hairs as good as the Sauber Excellence. This has an actual deep cleaning powerhead and not an air driven turbohead as many of those other brands which I was informed of by the salesman and I can really see the difference.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Jaka

JakaMelbourne

Money well spent

You can never go wrong with this vacuum. The suction is the best. We also have this clear bottle that connects to the vacuum which shows how all the dust going in . It's not easy to store though but the motor on the head is powerful. You can turn motor on or you can use it without turning it on. But when the motor is on it's easy to maneuver. My carpet always feels extra clean and it's great for my crawling baby

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Cleans like no other

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Gwyn D.

Gwyn D.asked

i too have a sauber se400 and the gold case has the same issue as another person the gold case discoloring spots all over it has been kept in good condition but considering its on show in our reception area of my motel i own it does look shabby people are always asking me about it i only use it for our reception and our residence area

Kim

Kimasked

clip that closes top of machine snapped (says part? 5615026 on the back), Where can I get a replacement and how much is it?

Hi Kim,
We are sorry to hear that this part has broken.
Depending on where this has broken you may only need the lid latch, part number 33600142 for $5.95, or the whole replacement lid, part number 33154890 for $74.95.
We would recommend taking the part and the machine into your nearest Godfreys store to confirm the part needed, they can also order the part in for you.
Regards,
The Sauber Team

Azariaasked

Am I able to use the Sauber SE400 powered hose on my SI-200 Vacuum?
I’ve looked everywhere for a replacement hose for my SI-200 but there are none in stock, I’ve only found a replacement hose for the SE400 vacuum, it cost $300 but I don’t wanna buy it to find out it doesn’t fit.

Hi Azaria,
Yes, the replacement hose for the SE-400 is the same as the replacement for the SI-200.
Regards,
The Sauber Team

Awesome thank you
Kind regards

Get an answer from our members and Sauber representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners