Sauber Excellence SE-400

Listing monitored by Sauber

rexyb
rexybSouth West, WA

Good Bye Sauber

Well after 1.5 years am not so impressed.Its too heavy,jams up on corners and is overpriced.Now the tubing has developed a kink.And thats using it the way they said hold with the left hand and vacuum with the right.$2500,1.5 years later only worth $500.Sold it and bought a Meile for $700.Does everything the Sauber does plus goes around corners,is lighter by a half and has the same accessories.

Purchased in December 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $2,500.00.

HhA
HhAMelbourne

Its very okay

If you are short and have narrow corridors in your house reconsider this option.
It is good but man so hard to lug around.Wish they had another longer extension to add to so I dont have to move the main machine around.Wanted to return it to get something else but godfreys is giving peanuts to take it back.I dont use as much as I would like to.

Purchased in August 2016 at Godfreys.

Aaron B.
Aaron B.Hunter Region, NSW

the best on the market!

we use this on carpet and tiles, we have 2 big dogs and a kid, the thing gets a workout but everytime i use it im happy i spent the money

Purchased in March 2013.

Mediocre vacuum

Used the vacuum for 4yrs now and displays warning hazard with thermometer.
Tried changing filters and the sub sauber vacuum container but no joy. Not happy with it at all at this point.

Purchased in January 2016 at Godfreys for $600.00.

Hannah
HannahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love my vacuum

Had it for 5 years now. Power head is amazing. Never had trouble with it. Gets the carpets super clean. Also mine came with a 5yr warranty and free servicing!

Purchased in January 2014 at Godfreys for $2,200.00.

Customer S.Sauber

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Good performance but cheap hardware.

Purchased in September 2016.

Kristoni Bodsworth
Kristoni BodsworthMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Broke the vacuum curse!

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Nickeesha
NickeeshaChinchilla

Best vacuum ever

Ive had my vacuum for just about 4 years and its amazing i would definitely get another one . The only thing i dont really like about it is going around corners apart from that ive had no problems . Love it how my family come over and bring there blow up mattress and i can use the vaccum to blow it up .

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Daniel H
Daniel HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Vacuum Ever Had

With a husky x and 2 cats, we have always been on the market for the best vacuum to clean our long carpets in our house. We have tried all the top brands from Godfreys and Harvey Norman from Dyson, Wertheims, Vorwerks and I can not go past the Sauber Excellence.

The price is definitely the key concern for post with RRP $2200, but the stores are willing to be negotiated down to $1700-1800.

I highly recommend the bag saver attachment as this captures so much of the dust and saves money on replacement bags.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Good but !!!

I purchased this product from Godfreys . My main concern was ease of use .. The salesman showed me on the floor of Godfreys and it seemed to do everything . Yes ...He was correct it does a really good job but it is so heavy and the suction tube kinks which I was told it wouldn't . I hate vacuuming and told godfreys my concern about the unit hitting into furniture etc .. They said "NO" it glides easily . I hate this vacuum cleaner ..it is so hard to use and very heavy . I paid over $1500 for it . I went to Godfreys to buy the expensive bags and yes they were out of stock !!!! I don't reside close to a city and will have to drive again over 100 kms to purchase the overpriced bags ....Go figure ?

Date PurchasedNov 2010
Customer S.Sauber

Love it excellent for dog hair.

So easy to manoeuvre not heavy at all, cleans beautifully every time had it for 2 years now not one issue. Great for carpets picking up all the dust underneath, and the power head does all the work, plus have used it as a air purifier which works well. Love it. Worth the money.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
MrHonest
MrHonestSydney, NSW

Good product but very expensive.

Purchased this vacuum cleaner from Godfreys Parramatta. Salesperson convinced me to buy the product for $1800. Initially, I was very happy but over the period I realized that it is very heavy for daily use. Overly priced. I won't recommend it although the quality is very good. Not fit for my purpose.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Brad McAlpineAdelaide South Australia

What a rip off

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Will do later today

B.C
B.CBrisbane

Over priced crap

This brand is not from Switzerland as Godfrey's told me - it is a Godfrey's brand dressed up like a superior brand, when in fact it is a cheap piece of crap made in China. I've had mine 4 years and I've repaired it a few times already. I've spent about $700 repairing it and it cost over $1000. It's a scam. You would be better off buying a cheap one for $200 or not even bothering and hiring one from the supermarket.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Gab
GabNSW, 2565

Heavy. Clunky. Not 'bagless'.

Waste of money. Says it's bagless with the attachment but you can't operate the vacuum without a bag in. I've hated this thing ever since it's been introduced into my household.

It's very clunky and it does not maneuver well throughout the house.

Better off getting a Dyson. Don't be sold to at Godfreys. Unfortunately that happened to the person in my home that bought it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Leaded Tasked

Paid top dollar for this unit SE - 400 and had it serviced for $80/year at Godfreys - 1 year out of warranty it starts falling apart. Had it in for repairs in October 2020 and now told April 2021 part “maybe” randomly be available in May?? Why the random bingo on parts? Also how is it appropriate to offer a downgrade to the 200 as an option?

Hi,
We are sorry to hear of any issues you are experiencing with your machine.
Unfortunately the overseas supplier of the parts for this machine closed down due to COVID, a new supplier has been established and replacement parts are currently on their way with a due date of late April to early May.
Once parts have arrived orders can be placed through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1800 728 237.
We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Leaded T

If you are unable to Aquire parts for the most expensive vacuum cleaner available at Godfrey’s purchased precisely for the guaranteed reliability- should you not offer a same for same replacement instead of a downgrade or a futile wait for parts?

Hi,
As advised, parts are on the way they are just currently delayed.
Parts for this machine are still being manufactured.
Unfortunately the machine itself has been discontinued and no longer available with no current replacement.

Gwyn D.
Gwyn D.asked

i too have a sauber se400 and the gold case has the same issue as another person the gold case discoloring spots all over it has been kept in good condition but considering its on show in our reception area of my motel i own it does look shabby people are always asking me about it i only use it for our reception and our residence area

Kim
Kimasked

clip that closes top of machine snapped (says part? 5615026 on the back), Where can I get a replacement and how much is it?

Hi Kim,
We are sorry to hear that this part has broken.
Depending on where this has broken you may only need the lid latch, part number 33600142 for $5.95, or the whole replacement lid, part number 33154890 for $74.95.
We would recommend taking the part and the machine into your nearest Godfreys store to confirm the part needed, they can also order the part in for you.

See all Sauber Excellence SE-400 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sauber representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners