Sauber Excellence SE-400

Sauber Excellence SE-400 Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

Leaded Tasked

Paid top dollar for this unit SE - 400 and had it serviced for $80/year at Godfreys - 1 year out of warranty it starts falling apart. Had it in for repairs in October 2020 and now told April 2021 part “maybe” randomly be available in May?? Why the random bingo on parts? Also how is it appropriate to offer a downgrade to the 200 as an option?

Hi,
We are sorry to hear of any issues you are experiencing with your machine.
Unfortunately the overseas supplier of the parts for this machine closed down due to COVID, a new supplier has been established and replacement parts are currently on their way with a due date of late April to early May.
Once parts have arrived orders can be placed through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1800 728 237.
We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Leaded T

If you are unable to Aquire parts for the most expensive vacuum cleaner available at Godfrey’s purchased precisely for the guaranteed reliability- should you not offer a same for same replacement instead of a downgrade or a futile wait for parts?

Hi,
As advised, parts are on the way they are just currently delayed.
Parts for this machine are still being manufactured.
Unfortunately the machine itself has been discontinued and no longer available with no current replacement.

Gwyn D.

Gwyn D.asked

i too have a sauber se400 and the gold case has the same issue as another person the gold case discoloring spots all over it has been kept in good condition but considering its on show in our reception area of my motel i own it does look shabby people are always asking me about it i only use it for our reception and our residence area

Kim

Kimasked

clip that closes top of machine snapped (says part? 5615026 on the back), Where can I get a replacement and how much is it?

Hi Kim,
We are sorry to hear that this part has broken.
Depending on where this has broken you may only need the lid latch, part number 33600142 for $5.95, or the whole replacement lid, part number 33154890 for $74.95.
We would recommend taking the part and the machine into your nearest Godfreys store to confirm the part needed, they can also order the part in for you.

Azariaasked

Am I able to use the Sauber SE400 powered hose on my SI-200 Vacuum?
I’ve looked everywhere for a replacement hose for my SI-200 but there are none in stock, I’ve only found a replacement hose for the SE400 vacuum, it cost $300 but I don’t wanna buy it to find out it doesn’t fit.

Hi Azaria,
Yes, the replacement hose for the SE-400 is the same as the replacement for the SI-200.

Awesome thank you
Kind regards

Michael T.

Michael T.asked

Not starting

Hi Michael,
I would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store to be looked over and repaired where needed.

Quee

Queeasked

I've ran out of bags is it possible to use without until i source bags?

Nickeesha
Nickeesha

No i wouldn't recommend it . I just emptied out the bag until I found out were to buy more .

Customer S.Sauber

Hello Quee,
Thank you for your question.
No Plaese do not use the machine with out bags.
The Sauber Taem

Phillip T.

Phillip T.asked

We have just purchased a Sauber Excellence Machine and have had no instruction on how to use it as it was delivered to our door. When using the powerhead the green light is on regardless whether it is on 1 2 3 or 4.
Brush is spinning however grit is coming up over the top of powerhead. What is the cause of this?

Lesley

Lesleyasked

Light flashing red when in use /

It does that to let you know you need to adjust the height of the head. There is a dial to use just put it up to 2 or 3 for thicker carpets.

Maureen C

Maureen Casked

How does the Sauber Excellence go on stairs??

Jaka
Jaka

it has different heads for everything so like all other old stylish vacuums you would have to carry it up and down. It's not the lightest but a good work out.

Chris.asked

How do I unstick my sauber vacumme cleaner. Telescopic rod?

Math
Math

Hello Chris
If I read your query correctly ...
To quote from page 9 (photo 4) of my User's Manual: (Sauber Excellence SE-400)
"To extend the length of the telescope tube, slide the lock down. To reduce the [length of the] extension [tube], slide the lock up."
If this doesn't work, then you have a problem and it needs to be attended to by a serviceperson (hopefully under warranty).

Bob
Bob

If your machine is not covered by warranty, you could try some WD40 on the tube but keep it away from the electrics. But if you are covered by warranty then I recommend having a qualified technician take a look at it.

Chris.

I tried C.R.C. Took it to Godfreys. They couldn't open it. Will have to send it away. No not still under guarantee unfortunately. Has anyone else had this problem?

Chris Roberts

Chris Robertsasked

how good is the x3000 werthiem vacum cleaner?

roxx_oz
roxx_oz

I am very happy with it. We are quite tough on our vacuum cleaners with pets and a family with long hair.. and yet this machine is quite thorough and powers on through the task.

Siddy
Siddy

I saw one at Godfreys but suction was no way near the Sauber. Godfreys make more money on the Sauber one so they promote that but I'd rather get Dyson for that price. Dyson comes with over 10 attachments and is equally good and heaps cheaper.

L_D
L_D

I had one for approx 8-10 years. Initially they are a great machine but you will find that you need to service the power head regularly and hairs get stuck in the tube. I kept a long wire to unclog it in the end. Several plastic parts broke (handle) and I gave up when the power head died as that is the strength of the machine. The filter on the wheel would dislodge itself frequently and drive me crazy.

Gayesy

Gayesyasked

I live in Port Douglas and have tiled floors throughout with a couple of rugs. Would this cleaner be suitable for hard/tiled floors? I do have a stick Dyson which is quite good for a quick clean up but need something more substantial for a whole house clean.

Rhiannon8914
Rhiannon8914

Definitely! I only use the power head on my rug and carpeted areas. It also comes with a standard brush head for tiled/floorboards. The power head can also be used on the hard floors but as it is quite heavy I just use the standard head to save me the extra effort as I have quite a large house to vacuum. The extra features are a win too with the air purifyer and fly screen brush etc so it would be a great investment for any household. Plus, the mattress attachment is amazing and I use it on my dark couch to collect all the cat hair with ease!

cpl

cplasked

I was wondering how this machine compares with the SI-200 Intelligence and if the floor head is easier to push around?

Michael L
Michael L

I have not used the SI-200 but I can assure you the new ET1-1 Powerhead on the SI-400 is very easy to push around, my daughter has now been using this daily in her cleaning business for the past month and she is wrapped with it. It really does a fantastic job, make sure you buy the Visualiser that goes with the SI-400 as this makes your bags last so much longer.
I hope this helps.

OverIt
OverIt

I was told by godfreys that the intelligence is the identical machine with the exception of the power head. I am quite confused considering that the intelligence had quite a lot of less than favourable reviews and the price difference.

danc
danc

Mate the difference is the clean, What else do you buy a vacuum for? to clean, a better clean is what you want right???
JUST BUY IT!!!!!

Get an answer from our members and Sauber representatives