Sauber Excellence SE-400

Sauber Excellence SE-400 (page 2 of 3)

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't buy any better than this

Best vacuum, will make your carpets cleaner than clean. Other vacuums are just a waste of money. This one is awesome if you hate dusty environments or if you're asthmatic. Awesome on cars and the turbo attachment (although expensive) is a must to save you money buying bags.

Definitey buying any new models they release next. Wish more people were selling second hand but not many people want to sell it once they have it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Bob

BobBrisbane QLD

Great product.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Vik

Vikcampbelltown

Amazing, stop wondering if you have allergies.

I thought I had a clean house. After an impressive demonstration I bought Sauber Gold on weekly payment & it picked up 3_4 times more dust then my old bagless/famous brand vacuum. It is still picking up more dust after using 6 times at my home. With in a week, I find big difference with asthma to my kids.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

LuLu

LuLuSydney

Worth the money

In the morning I Vacuumed the house with the ducted Vacuum. At lunch I purchased the Sauber SE-400 to replace the Dyson, which I used for particular rugs and in areas the ducted doesn't do a good job.
When I got the Sauber home, I vacuumed all my carpets and rugs again, it filled the dust bag up. Truly, I can't believe how much more it beats out of the carpet. There is one rug in the office, which I could never get clean with the Dyson, but with the Sauber, not a speck on the rug. The price is VERY HIGH, but I really think its worth it compared to those rubbish Dysons (I've gone through two already). Recommended it you have carpets and rugs. One complaint, the telescopic pole extension is difficult to close.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
pushpita

pushpitaSydney, NSW

the best vacuum on earth .. the air purifier is very helpful for allergy & asthma people

i have purchased this vacuum from godfreys crossroads and ...i never regret once i used in my clean carpet.. that is amazing clean .. then i used the mattress cleaner to clean my bed & below . omg !!! i was scared that how much dust i was sleeping on ...the air purifier is awesome .. specially if u want to breathe fresh .. i have used dyson , miele and hoover . but once u use sauber gold all become a toy to u .. yes its a bit heavy but no effort to push forward n backward like traditional vacuum ... if u want a clean house with clean air .. sauber is the best ...love it. its been 12 months i used this .. no complain...

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Sauber smells bad

i have used the Sauber a few times and there is a bad smell coming from the machine and then the house small of that too. I have returned it for a service and it came back with the same problem only they added some perfume to the filter and now the house smells of an awful fragrance. The machine is five month old.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Julie B

Julie BCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very good on carpet but

Cant complain about the suction, but it is heavy and hard to manoeuvre. I've had to get the extended pole replaced as I couldn't get it to fold up into itself and it has since jammed again. The attachments got hard to remove on and off, but once I got it serviced it was fine. Forget it if you have stairs, and if you haven't got carpet, go for something lighter.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Jennifer

Jennifer

Love this Vacuum

I love my new vacuum. I have been using this vacuum for about 6 months now. It has great suction and my carpets all look fantastic. It is great for picking hair out of the carpets and pretty quiet. It comes with a variety of vacuum heads for all floor types.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Rick W.A.

Rick W.A.Perth W.A.

Sober Sauber

It will just be a sucker if you don't buy a Sauber.
Love the clean this vacuum gives us. The optional canister to collect the dirt is so satisfying. Wow! look at all the dirt i collected!
We have very plush carpet and were prepared to buy a high quality competitor - the agent wouldn't even let us try it out on our carpet. Lucky we didn't just buy it. It just wouldn't have met the standard of Sauber.... downside well - its heavy but who cares - i get a work out as well. All happy now.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Harry

HarrySydney

I use it as i have a cleaning company for domestic cleaning and before i steam carpets as it is powerful. The bad thing is it is very heavy and hard to move around with it, but someone who has a few carpets in is house i fully recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Wish I'd brought it sooner!!

This is the best thing I have ever come across seriously I know it's crazy priced but it's worth every penny I put a lot of research into this purchase since it's the price of a second hand car but I'm so happy that I bit the bullet and purchased one the dirt and dust it pulls out is amazing you would be amazed what's hiding in your mattress and couch I previously had a meille and although that was excellent this puts it to shame I use to vacuum daily 3+ times now I do a quick once over and my house is spotless dustless and dirt less I highly recommend spending a few extra bucks it kills the brand new Dyson v8 absolute by miles

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Foz

FozSydney, NSW

With Quality, you only cry once

Well finally, after throwing good money after good money at useless vacuums like Dyson and Electrolux I have finally found the Holly Grail of vacuums. Great product with life time servicing. We bought the inline capsule too, which saves you on bags. I can't speak highly enough about it, thank you Sauber for your intelligence. Pricey, but then again so are 3 Dysons.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Best buy

Its my best buy .. best suction..best ph for carpet & per hair ..air purifier ... ph matress cleaner to get rid of the dead skins & dusmites ...
Only machine that actually protect from asthma & allergy ....
I just love this sauber.
Thanks godfreys for the special deal

Math

MathAuckland

The Just OK Vacuum Cleaner

I have a two-storied house - 80% carpet - 20% tile 3-bedroom townhouse.
Suction is very good. Bulky and heavy to manoeuvre. Easy to manipulate connections. The visualizer does not reach its full capacity, it needs to be emptied several times but it's good to be saving on those expensive bags. The hose needs to be much more flexible (it's too stiff).
Would I recommend this machine to others at $NZ2,499? I think not.

Tolerate it.

wouldnt buy again, i find it quite heavy to pull around, only keep it because we paid 2000k for it, would far rather have the ease of the dyson. the extra bagless attachment makes it bulky and i was constantly emptying it, so don't bother using anymore. not really worth the extra money.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Diane

DianeMelbourne

The Ultimate Super Sucker!

Above & beyond the suction of any vacuum I have ever used.
3 levels of carpet, wood & tiles, no trouble for the Sauber. The visualizer is a great add on, it saves bags but mainly so you can see what this machine picks up from floors that were 'clean'! Our carpets look fresher & feel softer to walk on!
It is quiet (for a vacuum!). Solidly built & a little heavy/bulky to maneuver, but well worth the effort. Steers very easily & has a great long cord.

Siddy

SiddyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect product for the household with carpets.

Speechless

roxx_oz

roxx_oz

This thing could suck up the universe.

Let me start in saying I do not normally post reviews... but this cleaner is amazing. We have quite old carpets, lots of pet hair and even more human hair, we have not been diligent with the vacuuming as our previous machine (which was quite expensive) was useless. To get to my point this Sauber it wonderful, it sucks up an incredible amount of dirt and hair and runs so smoothly, the powerhead practically walks itself. I have an attachment that goes into the hose section so I don't have to use any bags to collect the dirt. It's very good. My only issue with it is it's not the lightest vacuum, but it's not the heaviest either.

Dauber vacuum

At 63 years old and having been through a few vacuums this is the best I've ever had. I thought it was expensive but worth every penny and wasable to pay it off with no interest on good advice from the guys at Godfreys Prahran. I have a Labrador with lots of hair...this vacuum js brilliant. Was able to recently purchase a bag free device, what more could you ask for?!

See all Sauber Excellence SE-400 reviews

Leaded Tasked

Paid top dollar for this unit SE - 400 and had it serviced for $80/year at Godfreys - 1 year out of warranty it starts falling apart. Had it in for repairs in October 2020 and now told April 2021 part “maybe” randomly be available in May?? Why the random bingo on parts? Also how is it appropriate to offer a downgrade to the 200 as an option?

Hi,
We are sorry to hear of any issues you are experiencing with your machine.
Unfortunately the overseas supplier of the parts for this machine closed down due to COVID, a new supplier has been established and replacement parts are currently on their way with a due date of late April to early May.
Once parts have arrived orders can be placed through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1800 728 237.
We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Leaded T

If you are unable to Aquire parts for the most expensive vacuum cleaner available at Godfrey’s purchased precisely for the guaranteed reliability- should you not offer a same for same replacement instead of a downgrade or a futile wait for parts?

Hi,
As advised, parts are on the way they are just currently delayed.
Parts for this machine are still being manufactured.
Unfortunately the machine itself has been discontinued and no longer available with no current replacement.

Gwyn D.

Gwyn D.asked

i too have a sauber se400 and the gold case has the same issue as another person the gold case discoloring spots all over it has been kept in good condition but considering its on show in our reception area of my motel i own it does look shabby people are always asking me about it i only use it for our reception and our residence area

Kim

Kimasked

clip that closes top of machine snapped (says part? 5615026 on the back), Where can I get a replacement and how much is it?

Hi Kim,
We are sorry to hear that this part has broken.
Depending on where this has broken you may only need the lid latch, part number 33600142 for $5.95, or the whole replacement lid, part number 33154890 for $74.95.
We would recommend taking the part and the machine into your nearest Godfreys store to confirm the part needed, they can also order the part in for you.

See all Sauber Excellence SE-400 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sauber representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners