Sauber Intelligence SI-200

Sauber Intelligence SI-200

MPN: SI-200

Ultimate disappointment

Bought this vacuum Dec 2012. Paid $1700. My partner is an asthmatic so this vacuum sounded perfect. We were told it was the ultimate vacuum - premium quality, 10 years servicing. So you think awesome..its going to last for at least 10 years! Sadly it started falling apart year 4..first a wheel from the head..then another..and another. Then the handpiece electronic cover started lifting exposing electrics..hose kinking so it blocks itself..the units facing literally just fell off one day. $700 to repair - its just wear and tear they reckon! Its a crap product. Its NOT quality at all. My cheaper vacuums never lost a wheel or fell apart! Usage it was ok - quite clunky, suction was great but had to go through a process to override the not so smart “smart” feature and it tended to roll over alot. Never again will i buy from Godfreys.

Purchased in December 2012 for $1,700.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues Yes

Biggist piece of crap I've bought...

Bought my Sauber second hand (thankfully!) thinking this was an amazing vaccum...however, problems since day one; powerhead kept turning itself off intemittantly. Then recently the vaccum lost power and shut down with the overheating light coming on. Since then it makes a weird sound when turned on, and has lost all its power. Seems I'm not the only one with this exact issue and I'm also dismayed to learn that others have had terrible repairs from Godfreys!! Nervous to take it in for repair - will definately test it before taking it away from any 'repairs'. For the money these vacuums should be far more reliable. Glad I didnt pay anywhere near full price for this crappy unreliable piece of 'machinery'.

Purchased in January 2018.

Floor Type Carpet

Terrible product

I bought this vacuum cleaner for $1,700 just over five years ago and thought I would have it for life. This cost included 10 years of service. Since I've had it, it has had a tendency to clog. It stopped working completely a week ago and, as I have only used half of my 10 years of service, I thought Sauber would fix it. No, I took it back to Godfreys in Sydney and the cost of repair was nearly $200. I told them to put it in the garbage bin, where it belongs. It is rubbish and I feel so cheated that I paid so much for a product that I believed would last me for a long time.

Purchased in December 2013 at Godfreys for $1,700.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues Yes

what a load of rubbish

We got this machine just over 5 years ago, we are retired people and live in a 3 x 2 house with tiled floors carpet in 3 bedrooms only, this extremely expensive vacuum has spent more time in saubers workshop than we have time to use it, for $1549.00 is the biggest piece of rubbish I have ever owned, june 2018 goes to workshop for repairs come back I use back at my home still not working same problem send back to them again " repairman comments when machine returned ( I found the machine was working fine but noticed 240 plug was broken ? replaced plug hopefully that will fix the problem ) wrong comes back AGAIN still the same goes back a 3rd time for repair ( they don't test there work ever ) January 2019 machine cutting out again send to workshop they claim the main motor has blown up yet with out the power head it works perfectly replace the main motor they said ? at our cost $221.95, March 12th send machine back to sauber cutting out AGAIN we are told main motor in power head is blown up ( but still works on and off ? ) replace motor $38.45 get machine back STILL the same as before cutting out not working send back to sauber and told them where to stick the machine, I spoke to the Sauber manager for Perth he didn't like me telling him what a load of rubbish his machine was never offered and help support in anyway what so ever my over all dealing with this company is lower than a used postage stamp and will NEVER BUY ANYTHING AGAIN FROM THEM " EVER "

Purchased in November 2013 at Godfreys for $1,549.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues No

Heavy and difficult to manoeuvre.

I only use the vacuum on carpet on which it does a good job. I use a visualiser and am always impressed with the amount of pet hair it picks up. I use a different vacuum on tiles. I have found this vacuum to be way too heavy and hard to manoeuvre. The non kink hose kinks and will eventually be useless. I cannot solve the problem of the terrible smell it has. Admittedly we have a dog but the vacuum should not smell. I have changed the filter, the bag (though I use the visualiser) and have put the smelly sachet in. You should not have to mask an odour but find the cause. It still smells and I am not happy. If you pay a lot for a vacuum you expect results. Our visualiser came apart and could not be fixed. Two screws only were required but the technician said it was irreparable. Great, another $149 to replace it. I am actually sorry I did replace it as I hate using the vacuum and have bought a Dyson. All I can say this vacuum is expensive and does not perform as expected.

Purchased in October 2015 at Godfreys.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet
Clogging Issues No

This machine is way overpriced

Yes this machine is clumsy around furniture and tips over easily. Does not vacuum on all surfaces. After I’ve vacuumed It leaves stuff behind. Worst appliance I’ve ever bought. I have a 10 hall runner and it doesn’t vacuum up the runner only across it so you need to put it in an open area to vacuum across it this is ridiculous a power head should work no matter what

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Worst vacuum I've ever owned.

After spending more money on a Sauber than any other vacuum I've ever owned, It has been the biggest regret. From nearly day one parts started breaking on it. After about the third time I took it back the gentleman told me I must have been mistreating it.( I have owned quiet a few other vacuums for years and never had that problem.) Now after only about 5 years, so many parts are broken I will have to throw it out. The biggest waste of money. I would never buy another one.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Couldn’t get a better vacuum

Love the vacuum, no complaints at all! Worth every cent. Cleans the carpet perfectly and thoroughly with the option of a deep cleaning head and an everyday vacuum head I will never change brands! Can be quite heavy to pull and push around but is worth it for the cleaning job it does. Can’t go wrong with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Each time the vacuum cleaner was turned on, the coughing started.I complained because this was what

Yes, the vacuum cleaner tips over, and it is very cumbersome around furniture. The suction is good,but the real problem was the stench of dust from the bag, each time I used it. The Staff at Godfreys Fairy Meadow, told me it needed emptying. The point being "You are not supposed to be able to smell the bag,because of all of those filters that are there to prevent the dust,smell,etc from emitting into the room. The cleaner was very expensive,but I did not mind paying to keep us healthly. When the Sydney Manager gave me a new cleaner, after I complained,I was shocked to find it exactly the same as the first one. Sorry but this cleaner should never be used for any family member.
After this experience I would never purchase any product with the Blue Butterfly Symbol.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
Hi Ziggy, Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback. We will be happy to look into this further for you and provide assistance. Can you please contact us on 1800 728 237 and quote reference number 328289. Regards, The Sauber Team

Sauber SL-200 a big disappointment.

Purchased this from Godfrey's March 2013 and was also convinced this was the ultimate vacuum. In the past 12 months the machine has started to fall apart, including the wheels on the power head, the base roller wheel has broken off requiring a complete replacement of the base and the side bumper has come partially detached from one side. Over $400 to repair. Not what is expected from a $1400 machine. The machine has only had normal use within my home. Until parts starting to break the machine it performed very well but is big, heavy and bulky to lug around the house. I would not recommend this machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Hi Leah, Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine. We would be happy to look in to this further to see if we can assist you with these issues. Please fell free to contact us on 1800 728 237 and quote reference number 328119. Regards, The Sauber Team

Satisfied when it was working! But falling to bits!

I seems a number of people have experienced the same issues as us. Having purchased only Electrolux vaccums in the past the salesman convinced us this was the ultimate vaccum. We are very disappointed with this product and apparently when you pay cash for an item you are not in there system and can’t be traced. I’ve just rung Godfrey’s again to ask when it will be repaired having waited two weeks with no contact, they haven’t heard but will be in touch.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Michelle A, Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine. We would be happy to look in to this further to see if we can assist you with these issues at all. Please feel free to contact us on 1800 728 237 and quote reference number 327570. Regards, The Sauber TeamHi, I am located in New Zealand. Do you have a local number I can call? Regards MichelleHello Michelle, The New Zealand Number is 0800 282 288. Regards, The Sauber Team

Disappointed in the Sauber

The casing is broken which I have never had happen before in any vacuum cleaner I have owned before, paid about $1600 from Godfreys Sunshine Coast a few years ago. I did send an email to Sauber with no reply. With the broken casing, the suction is poor. For the money I paid, I am disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Hi Donna, Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. We will be happy to look into this further for you and provide assistance. Can you please contact us on 1800 728 237 and quote customer reference number 324845. Regards, The Sauber Team.

Overpriced in Australia.

After grappling with this infernal machine for six years, I'm finally getting rid of it. I purchased it from Godfreys Camperdown for $1599.

It was the most expensive vacuum I've ever seen and I expected refinement and ease of use, unfortunately this wasn't the case.
The intelligence function isn't helpful as it takes a while to ramp up to full suction which is frustrating and the suction doesn't match some of the vacuums I have previously owned..
The length of the wheelbase and the barrel material means it is always getting caught as you pull it around vertical edges like wall corners and lounge chair legs.
The wand length adjustment is the most temperamental I have ever used, working perfectly occasionally, but most times won't release in either direction.
The hose is a complex beast and because of its power supply facility, will not roll up to a small package which is annoying for storing.
There are much better vacuums available for less than 1/4 of the price, from my experience Sauber is WAY overpriced for the machine available! The technology included just doesn't make that much of a difference when you use the machine.

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Hi Warmhands, Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine. We would be happy to look in to this further to see if we can assist you with these issues at all. Please feel free to contact us on 1800 728 237 and quote reference number 323997. Regards, The Sauber Team

Top dollars for rubbish.

What a load of rubbish, Powerhead. The connection between head and hose keeps failing. No, it is not the surge protection. The hose is way too stiff and continues to roll the vacuum cleaner. Kinks continuously. The entire unit is inept for the purpose designed. Had for a couple of years and finally fed up.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Hi Kids Things, Thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine. We will be happy to look into this further for you, can you please contact us on 1800 815 270 to provide further information. When contacting us please quote your customer reference number 323468. Regards, The Godfreys Team

Expensive vac that doesn't go the distance

We used this vacc for 6 years. The warranty was used many times which thankfully was available for 5 years but for such an expensive outlay shouldn't of had to be used. The vac is also bulky and heavy. The hose bent and the plastic part where the vacc body was supposed to be able to hold the head broke twice (didn't bother replacing the second time) It totally stopped working and have replaced with Miele 'family all rounder' which is about 1/3 the price and are so far very happy.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Very heavy and bulky

Works well on carpet but very bulky and heavy to maneuver, not good for small areas bathroom toilet etc just too big, sore arms for days after using, certainly wouldn't be good if you have a bad back, takes you twice the time to vacuum after swapping heads and dragging around

Date PurchasedJan 2016

EXCELLENT VACUUM CLEANER FOR ALLERGIES

I purchased this vacuum cleaner from Godfreys and love the way it picks up all dust, hair and dirt when vacuuming. The machine is heavy and a little cumbersome but I find in comparison to the Dyson, it is the one I choose for my bed and breakfast. The suction on this machine is far better than any other I have ever tried. Suitable for those with allergies.

Tradesmen who have worked on my house have used this machine and rave about the suction. They use all types of vacuum cleaners to clean up their mess. Great machine

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Awful

Although it vacuums well, parts keep breaking on it, hence the vacuum spends more time getting repaired than being used. It is also heavy and cumbersome to carry up and down stairs and the cleaning head is too large to vacuum under beds and cupboards.
The additional filter is good to use with the vacuum, but the machine needs regular servicing as it has 5 internal filters. Expensive product.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback. We are glad to hear that the machine does vacuum well but we are sorry to hear that you have had a few issues with the machine. We would be happy to look in to this further to see if we can assist you further with these issues at all, please feel free to contact us on 1800 728 237 and quote reference number 320578. Regards, The Sauber Team

Falling apart & body cracking up after only 8 years, with poor manufacture

The machine easily tips when standing upright, we have mainly hard floors & only use the power head for carpets in the bedrooms, on rugs & mattresses. Whilst the suction is great, all of the pvc parts on the machine have badly deteriorated, cracked or fallen off.. We have taken great care of the Sauber, however it has definitely not stood the test of time.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Not too sure about 30 years!

When working this Vac is amazing! Ours is 8, and we are starting to see the wear and tear. The wheels are falling off and hand set stopped working . When sent for repairs they only last 2-3 months before needing repair again. After warranty the service is costly, as are the bags.

Date PurchasedApr 2010