Sauber Intelligence SI-200

Sauber Intelligence SI-200

MPN: SI-200

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lorena P.

Lorena P.

poor quality vaccum cleaner

This is the worst and most expensive vaccum cleaner ever!. It certainly is very cheaply made but it has a very EXPENSIVE price tag!, It is very heavy and difficult to manouver. This vaccum has been repaired at least once a year ever since I bought it and I only use it to vaccum 4 rugs in my house. I would never buy this vaccum cleaner ever again. poor quality and there is nothing intelligent about this item. Also the Replacement bags are very expensive.

Purchased at Godfreys for $2,000.00.

Tamara

TamaraVictoria

Heavy and Pathetic

It’s the damn heaviest, bulkiest piece of rubbish vacuum cleaner there is. Hardly manoeuvres and sucks up absolutely nothing, just pushes it all around. Also a weird smell? It’s gross.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Paul P.

Paul P.Darling Downs, QLD

Garbage, but expensive garbage, real expensive garbage. Nearly every party crack or broken. Disgusting

Cracked quickly bags fill in no time and cost a large fortune. Now giving electric shock. Please don't buy this graphic just encourages them. Buy a cheap benelli from target. 100 dollars with warranty.

Purchased in October 2014 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $2,500.00.

Product is used: Monthly
Lisa Park

Lisa ParkHunter Region, NSW

Such a waste of money!!!

Purchased in July 2013 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $1,580.00.

Rhiannon K.

Rhiannon K.North Queensland, QLD

GREAT SUCTION, BUT HOUSING LITERALLY FALLS APART. EXPENSIVE TO FIX.

• +6

Purchased at Godfreys for $1,700.00.

Product is used: Rarely

btazgallacher

btazgallacher

Bit clumsy and gets smelly

We don't have many carpets. Has good suction but smells not sure why but not nice. I have 2 small dogs but i do not know how to stop vacuum from having smell.

Purchased in August 2013 at Godfreys for $1,600.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Consumer

ConsumerCanberra

Extremely dissatisfied with this ridiculously expensive vacuum

Purchased this just over 5 years ago from Godfrey's. I thought with it costing so much and being serviced every year it would last for many years but it only took 5 years for it to stop working. Just passed the 5 year warranty! And that's with regular annual service and extra $ spent on changing filters, etc. Not only that but it's so heavy and bulky to use. Massive regrets for having purchased it. Now we've bought a Dyson and are much happier.

Purchased in November 2013 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $1,699.00.

Bazza

BazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ideal for a business, not so good for home use

Purchased at Godfreys.

Product is used: Monthly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Joanna Walz

Joanna WalzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Vacuum

Great vacuum, quiet in its operation, good suction. Love the different heads and its capacity. It also has a good cord length. It doesn't maneuver quite as well as my old vacuum, but I am sure I will get used to that.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
Krys

KrysSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best vacuum ever!! 10x better than a dyson . Gets all the dog hair up from carpets.. FANTASTIC- new bagless option

10x better than a Dyson
Expensive but worth every $$ spent ..
I brought mine 2nd hand & saved over $1000+
Life time Servicing - @ Godfrey’s
great machine- so quiet as well . Great for carpets with motion light up head.. & turn light off for hard floors & tiles

Purchased in December 2018 for $250.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

FALLING APART

Polished floors and carpet, plastic has nearly all broken off. Price to repair at last service was ridiculous.
Does vacuum well but disappointed in body longevity.
Cumbersome in small rooms and hose can be inflexible.

Purchased in January 2014 for $1,700.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Doesn't last past warranty

The head unit on this machine is a bad design. It lasted just past warranty, but was certainly not the machine to 'last the rest of your life' as promised by sales person.

Purchased in April 2013 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $1,600.00.

Shaun S.
Shaun S.

Bell

BellSouthwest, VIC

Half a star

Purchased in April 2012 for $1,600.00.

Vacuum is falling apart

Since we have purchased the vacuum new it has gradually fallen apart. From the plastic wheels, to the plastic casing, to the electronic handle and buttons. This vacuum is not durable.

Purchased in June 2012.

Ultimate disappointment

Purchased in December 2012 for $1,700.00.

Clogging Issues Yes

Biggist piece of crap I've bought...

Bought my Sauber second hand (thankfully!) thinking this was an amazing vaccum...however, problems since day one; powerhead kept turning itself off intemittantly. Then recently the vaccum lost power and shut down with the overheating light coming on. Since then it makes a weird sound when turned on, and has lost all its power. Seems I'm not the only one with this exact issue and I'm also dismayed to learn that others have had terrible repairs from Godfreys!! Nervous to take it in for repair - will definately test it before taking it away from any 'repairs'. For the money these vacuums should be far more reliable. Glad I didnt pay anywhere near full price for this crappy unreliable piece of 'machinery'.

Purchased in January 2018.

Senior citizen

Senior citizenSydney, NSW

Terrible product

I bought this vacuum cleaner for $1,700 just over five years ago and thought I would have it for life. This cost included 10 years of service. Since I've had it, it has had a tendency to clog. It stopped working completely a week ago and, as I have only used half of my 10 years of service, I thought Sauber would fix it. No, I took it back to Godfreys in Sydney and the cost of repair was nearly $200. I told them to put it in the garbage bin, where it belongs. It is rubbish and I feel so cheated that I paid so much for a product that I believed would last me for a long time.

Purchased in December 2013 at Godfreys for $1,700.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Gaz

GazPerth, WA

what a load of rubbish

Purchased in November 2013 at Godfreys for $1,549.00.

Jacquie

JacquieNorth Queensland, QLD

Heavy and difficult to manoeuvre.

Purchased in October 2015 at Godfreys.

Jacqueline

JacquelineSouth Australia

This machine is way overpriced

Yes this machine is clumsy around furniture and tips over easily. Does not vacuum on all surfaces. After I’ve vacuumed It leaves stuff behind. Worst appliance I’ve ever bought. I have a 10 hall runner and it doesn’t vacuum up the runner only across it so you need to put it in an open area to vacuum across it this is ridiculous a power head should work no matter what

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Wendy H.

Wendy H.asked

Having trouble removing the hepa2 filter removing old filter out of my machine

catsonigasked

The release button on my handle is stuck so I cant remove the telescopic pole to use crevice tools. Does anyone know how to disassemble the handle please? Please dont suggest taking it to Godfreys, I'm NEVER taking the machine back there.

Hi Catsonig,
We do not recommend taking the handle apart yourself.
The button is located on the rod not the handle.
Godfreys are our certified repair agents.
Regards,
The Sauber Team

catsonig

Ok thanks. Sorry, I do realise that. I should have asked how do i get the button apart? My Vacuum is out of warranty. I have had repeated bad experiences with this vacuum and Godfreys, hence why I refuse to take the vacuum cleaner back. They don't check & fix things properly. While under warranty they just used "bandaid" fixes every time it broke down when they should have replaced the machine...As soon as it expired they happily swap perfectly good parts and charge for new. When questioned what was wrong with the old part they basically say "we dont know, you said there was a problem so we didn't test it, we just swapped the entire part...and a few others for good measure...that will be $700 please"....!! (I exaggerate but you get the point). As such, please advise how to get the button apart. Godfreys are not trustworthy imho.

Customer S.Sauber

We are sorry to hear of your past experiences.
Unfortunately there is no way to take it apart without breaking it, it comes as part of the rod.
Was it the store or the service centre that advise you of this information?
Please feel free to contact us on 1800 728 237 to provide further information and to discuss.
When contacting us please quote your customer reference number 362796.

James Pasked

Hi.
When I turn my machine on, the display panel remains dead and the motor does not start. I have checked the relevant power point, and it is functioning with other devices. What should I do?
James

James P

I withdraw my question. When I press the on bar at the end away from the on/off switch, the machine starts! Apologies for the unnecessary question.

Hi James,
No worries :)
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Regards,
The Sauber Team

Get an answer from our members and Sauber representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners