Scalibor

Scalibor

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Scalibor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.8

Chemical burn blisters

Less than 12 hours after wearing the Scalibor collar, my dog developed bloody chemical burn blisters. It took one week of antibiotics and 200.- to get my dog back on his feet. Of course Scalibor denies all responsibility...

Purchased in May 2021.

One or two ticks a day without the collar

No Adverse effects at all. No hair loss, fully waterproof. Not 100% tick repellant as 1 tick ignored the collar so now I use a Bravecto chew as well. If the tick ignores the collar the Bravecto will kill it.

Purchased at eBay for $22.00.

Do not recommend!!

As soon as I put it on my dog he was running around acting very strange, trying to pull it off. My dog had involuntary muscle spasms for twenty fours hours! Do not recommend!! Very harmful!!

Side Effects Short-term illness
Pet Type Dog
KTJ
KTJSydney

No Issues

Have been using this product for a couple of years on 2 dogs. I prefer this type of deterrent as I am not comfortable with the chew style tick preventers as digesting pesticide's can't be a good thing long term & I know of others who's dogs have had very bad reaction to the chews requiring vet visits & ongoing medication. My dogs are long hair & I always make sure the collar is not tight at least a couple of fingers space & they have had no adverse reactions, and both dogs are happy to wear.

No good at all

This collar had in no way deterred ticks, my poor dog, I'm pulling 4/5 tick off everyday, the collar is going in the bin.
I'm off to the vets to buy flea and tick dog chews.
I would NOT recommend this collar to anyone.

Excellent all round Tick/Flea Collar

Have been using this product on my Dalmatian for nearly 6 months. No reactions at all, seems to work well NO FLEAS OR TICKS. Doesnt smell and pup doesnt mind wearing it.

I would not recommend this product

We have now tried to use the Scalibor tick collar on a few occasions now. Our dog has experienced hair loss and severe redness at the site of the collar. This happens within 48 hours. On our first experience we contacted the manufacturer (who did have very good customer service) and they suggested removing the excess powder off the collar before putting on our dog. We did this but it keeps happening. I will not be putting this back on my dog and would not recommend.

Excellent but use with caution

This product is also effective against sand flies as well as ticks and fleas. I have used it on two dogs without adverse effects. Reading other reviews some dogs can react adversely so take special care and monitor your dog for the first 48 hours.

Hair Loss

Poor puppy lost his hair around his neck line. Looked like a red burn. Took it off straight away. Wouldn't recommend.

Ravenred
RavenredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't use in hot weather

During the hot weather this summer I found my dog had a severe infection and hair loss under the collar. In the heat the collar was obviously pumping out excess chemicals. The manufacturer said it was an allergic reaction which was normal. It wasn't as he'd been wearing it for some months. I complained to the Aust Pesticides & Veterinary Medicine Authority and they agreed with me - cause Probable. I have it in writing. So many side effects and this is one not on the label.

Too many side effects

Mike
MikeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent Product

I live in Northern NSW we have a very challenging environment for Paralysis Ticks. I have been using Scalibor for the last 6 months and this product is excellent, I have removed 2 ticks from from dog during this time and both were dead. This product is cost effective and a life saver for your dog. I highly recommend it.
Price, Odourless, last longer and safe if you have cats in the house as well

Terrible! My poor dog :(

Large red patch appeared under buckle. I took it off as soon as I noticed it. But it acted like a burn. It turned into this huge buckle shaped sore. My dog keeps scratching at it and so it is slow to heal. I can't believe it's on the market !

Huge sore on my dog. He is scared for life !