80% · 41 · 20%

Kitchen chaos
Kitchen chaosSydney, NSW11 posts

Great Pans

I am writing this after reading about some people having problems with Scanpan. I had to say I have used them for a long time , some are over 20 years old at least. All still perfect and easy to clean and cook with. Have saucepans, frypans, roasting pan, last purchase was a chef's pan . Would not buy another brand.I may have been fortunate but love them. Show reply
Tim J
Tim J2 posts

Frying Pan is Terrible

Beautiful set of saucepans and frying pans, but what's the point if you can't use them. We returned our first frying pan because it was faulty and although the customer service was great, we still can't use our frying pan. It burns nearly every time we use it. And yes we've tried seasoning the pan and a very low heat. Only alternative is to use such a low heat that it would take hours to cook. What's the point in having in having beautiful cookware that you're afraid to use?

Laowhy61
Laowhy615 posts

Very near to perfection

Have had the Clad 5 saucepans for a few years and I love them. I have 6 saucepans, 2 frypans, the large chefs pan and the steamer.

They are beautifully made, heavy but not too heavy and the handles take a lot to heat up to the point where I need a cloth to insulate my hand. They cook very well as the heat conduction is very high compared to many other saucepans and frying pans. Sometimes I think they are too heat conductive. The glass lids have a good solid knob which stays cool to the touch most of the time.

Pro: very even heat distribution, cooks well, looks fantastic.

Con: Heavy (some people will find them too heavy), Glass lids should be treated with care.

Ness
NessSydney, NSW4 posts

Love my new cookware

I suppose I am a bit biased in that this is the first good quality set of cookware that I have owned. I have had plenty of cheap stuff though so I can definitely tell the difference. The cookware has a good even weight about it and heats up quicker than my cheaper cookware, nice even heat distribution and no hot spots that I have noticed.

It also works really well with my Samsung Induction Cooktop. I thought the price was pretty reasonable too considering I was told at my local kitchen shop that I could expect to pay between $800 -$900 for a basic Clad cookware set. I got a 5 piece set on line for around the same price as a bonded base cookware set at the kitchen shop $350 on special.

RK
RKMelbourne8 posts

Excellent warranty

Bought a scanpan fusion CS5 many years ago - but recent faulty rivet. Emailed the warranty section "Sheldon and Hammond Pty. Ltd" They were great with a quick reply and new replacement ( Clad 5 range) as the fusion has been discontinued. Great customer service !! Great product with the fusion pan as food doesn't stick (Just as good as a non stick pan)