10Scanpan Stainless Steel

Scanpan Stainless Steel Questions & Answers

Candice B.
Candice B. · Stainless Steel

I've washed and used my pot a handful of times since buying and what looks like steel residual is still coming off it, I must assume this is being transferred onto my food aswell, why is this happening?

Scanpan   DM

Hi Candice. Please advise what range is your pot? Is it non-stick or Stainless Steel? Assume latter. If so, please describe how you are cleaning and with what detergent(s).

greg b.
greg b. · Stainless Steel

I have a brand new scan pan, used once and was extremely difficult to clean. I got int clean using baking soda, used it a second time cooking pancakes, sprayed lightly with oil, and they stuck very badly. Is there a reason why? Have I damaged the pan somehow the first time I used it? I do remember I had the oil a bit hot but wouldn't think it caused to much issue? Thanks

Scanpan   DM

Hi Greg. I think I have spoken to you via socials. Please send me your email address at your earliest convenience. Regards, Steven

Mahsa H.
Mahsa H. · Impact

Hi there
I'd like to buy a set of Scanpan stainless steel cookware but something has made me confused. Why are the prices in different stores so much different? Like, the single Impact chef 32 cm Fryifng pan is $120 in Harris Scarf and Myer, around $80 on EBay, $60 on Kogan and $57 on Catch!!!!
I wonder if these online websites sell the same REAL brand. Would you answer this question please?

Mitch

Sales. That's the simple answer. Folks like Minimax may have bought too many and need to reduce stock. Folks like Harris Scarf may simply want to move stock so they put everything on sale. You may never know their reasons. The trick is to shop carefully, not be in too big of a hurry, and check the ads. My set was MSRP of over $1,000... waited patiently and a company put that set out for a stock take sale for just over $400. Competition throws another 'spanner' into the mix. Some folks will match prices, some won't. Again... shop carefully. As for the online folks, I tend to stay away from folks that don't have a store front. I know I will pay a bit more, but at least that way I have someone with whom I can vent frustrations face to face.

Counta
Counta · Stainless Steel

Can I get a replacement lid for my Scanpan Accent steamer? (the pan with the holes at the bottom).
The lid diameter is about 216mm … it’s the type with the red rubber ring that holds the glass.

Mitch

Suggest you contact Scanpan rep directly or kitchenwarehouse.com.au... these folks usually carry spare lids for some sizes.

Scanpan   DM

Unfortunately we do not carry any Accent lids anymore. This range was discontinued about 5 years ago.
However, I would be happy to send you an Impact lid.
Please advise all postal details to warranty@sheldonandhammond.com.au and mention this productreview.com.au conversation with me.
Steven

Tony L.
Tony L. · Axis

Can I use scanpan axis range on induction cooktop

Marion Harrington
Marion Harrington

I don't know Tony. Maybe one of Scanpan people will help you.

Mitch

Yes. You can use it on induction, gas, or electric. You can even do the campfire thing if you don't mind smoke and such on your pans. A few things, though.... Always preheat Stainless Steel with at least a small smear of oil... more if the recipe calls for it, never put salt in until the water is boiling, and watch your heat - never over about 220C or 230C.

Scanpan   DM

Dear Tony, yes, Axis works very well on induction. Due to its multi ply construction and its smooth/flat base, the magnetic connection is excellent.

Denese A.
Denese A. · Stainless Steel

what is best scanpan type for induction cooktop

Scanpan   DM

Hi Denese. Are you looking at non-stick or stainless steel?
For non-stick, HaptIQ is best and has Stratanium+ non-stick coating.
For Stainless Steel, Axis or Clad 5 (5 layers) are best, however Impact, Commercial, Classic Inox, Satin and Coppernox are also induction compatible.

Scanpanfan
Scanpanfan · Coppernox

Are the Coppernox saucepan handles hollow with an opening? Keen to avoid water collecting in there. Thanks.

George
George · Stainless Steel

I have assembled the handle to the lid following the online instructions and it is still loose. Grateful for any thoughts. I've tightened the knob as far as it will go??

Scanpan   DM

Dear George, are you still having problems or did you resolve it? We can help if you still need it.

Apologies for the delay.

Customer Service number is 1800 808 971

Hilary J.
Hilary J. · Coppernox

Can the rubber elements on the handles & lids go into a hot oven without melting?

Brenda.W
Brenda.W · Stainless Steel

My daughter bought me a set of saucepans and frypans I have a gas cook and find that no matter how low I have the gas setting I cannot hold the handle on the cookware it gets far too hot ! What is the solution to this problem please

Marshall
Marshall

Gas is an open flame that heats the air (and the base of the pan). The hot air flows around the pot and heats the handle. So gas really requires insulated handles – or you need to use a glove or cloth between you and the (hot) handle.

Using a smaller burner or offsetting the pot helps somewhat by increasing the distance the hot air has to travel to reach the handle – but then steel is a poor heat conductor so your pot will get hot spots.

So the best pots for a gas stove are aluminium (which evens out the heat so no hot spots) with an insulated handle.

To come from left field you might consider getting an inductive hotplate and keep the Scanpans. An inductive hotplate doesn’t heat the air at all – it only heats the base of the pot itself - so the handle never gets hot. They are also very efficient so you would find you gas bill goes down more than your electricity bill goes up. You don’t need a big brand. Something from KMart, BigW etc Is fine. And since the hotplate never gets hotter than the base of the pot, it is much safer than gas or a traditional electric hotplate.

Margie N
Margie N · Stainless Steel

My scan pan is sticking. What can I do to stop it from sticking?

hyloth
hyloth

Learn to cook

Rose L
Rose L · Coppernox

Can they be washed in a dishwasher?

Koni C.
Koni C.

it can but prefer to be handwashed

Deirdre G. · Stainless Steel

Bought a stainless steel scan-an wok ... high heat for stir fry is impossible in this pan. Had a scanpan non stick .... perfect for many years. Swapped for the stainless steel ... very disappointed.( I have a gas cooktop & wok burner)
a)what am I doing wrong?
b) where to dispose of my new pan?

Mandy
Mandy

Definitely cook on the lowest heat ...... don’t dispose ... I’ve persevered with mine and only ever have my gas at the minimum flame

Thanks Mandy.
Will put it on trial for another recipe.

Simon
Simon

I know right?! it is terrible. why have a low heat wok???

Trudy C
Trudy C · Stainless Steel

Is scanpan stainless steel utensils safe to go in an oven?

Ruth
Ruth · Stainless Steel

I got a Scanpan Stainless Steel Wok (32cm) at Harris Scarfe (165$)... I had a recipe that said, heat the oil very hot.. so I put it on the wok-burner of my stove, turned the burners on high and waited.... when the oil seemed hot, I swirled it around as I did with my other woks... and straight away it burnt the sides of the wok! I thought "ok... thats a bit like seasoning it".... and turned the heat down and kept cooking... until it really started to burn on that spots and I finished cooking my meal in another pot and had some fun-hours, cleaning the wok.
Now I am scared to even putting it on the wok-burner.
That burner has quite a big diameter and also heats up (as it should with a wok!) the sides of the wok. What can I do to prevent the same thing happening again.
Right now it actually DOES have a bit a darker shade half up the sides, which doesn't worry me much because seasoned woks get all black.... I only don't want my food to burn. Should I not use the wok burners at all? Should I swirl the oil around BEFORE turning the heat on? What went wrong, how do I do it right?

Steve

Thats because, If you BOTHERED to READ the instructions, it tells you very clearly that you DO NOT need to use high heat, Carbon steel is diferent to stainless and non stick!
Medium heat bought up gently 3 to 4 minutes prior to cooking is sufficient to cook. Meaning you dont need to use high heat! if the oil is burning its TOO HOT! (the pan)
Do the drop of water test priot to cooking, put a drop of water into the pan after 3 to 4 minutes of medium heat and it should roll around like a ball in the pan before it evaporates. this means the pan is sufficently hot enough to cook in. Again the manual very clearly describes this, if its still not clear, google/youtube how to cook using stainless steel.

Titomas
Titomas · Axis

Does Scanpan's Axis copper core go all the way up to the rim, like All-clad does? What about Scanpan's Coppernox - does the copper core go all the way up to the rim?

Also, how thick is the copper layer of Axis, and of Coppernox?

Amy
Amy

it is all up like All-Clad and the bottom copper is 0.6 cm. Don't know what I had been told by the customer service was correct or not.

Alice X.
Alice X. · Impact

My SMEG induction cooktop is not working properly. The service man told me the SCANPAN impact wok shouldn’t be used on the induction cooktop. It works however it damages the induction cooking system. Is this true?

Aaron
Aaron

S.Trim · Stainless Steel

Bought Scanpan set for son as wedding present. They began using the set July this year. Been told all pots and frypan have now turned brownish-black colour on the inside. They are hand washed. Why are they turning on his colour? Used on gas stove. I have Scanpan and mine are still silver. Is my son’s set faulty?

Henry
Henry

Are they burnt food stains? If yes, you can get some bicarb powder, mix it into paste with some water and use a nonscratch scrubber and scrub it off. Also depends on how he drains the water after washing, if it's upright and the water stays in contact with the pan, 'water' stains seep in and become permanent, which happened in my case as well, such a shame. If those marks are on the bottom of the pan, it's likely caused by the flames. But that can be scrubbed off as well with the above mention method.

S.Trim

Thanks for the info, as far as I'm aware, it's not food stains, and has happened to every pot and pan they have used. Happened very quickly within a few weeks of starting to use them. I will send your instructions and see if they can remove the stains. They also complain about food sticking to the fry pan, even when on very low heat.

Phredd
Phredd

Were they genuine Scan pan or a cheap Chinese knock-of? It's hard for the uninitiated to tell the difference and some retailers are quite cunning. Was there a guarantee with the set that you bought?

trish.3084
trish.3084 · Impact

Are the impact glass lids ovenproof

Mortishia
Mortishia

Simply put, yes. They are 200 degree oven proof.

Kim · Impact

These lid handles get very hot! This is crap for such expensive pots!

Bicanoo
Bicanoo

I don't know what you mean. If it's on the stove they never get hot. If you are putting them in the oven...well what do you expect?

Kim

Who said anything about putting them in the oven?

Steve

If the handles are hot then youve either cooked too hot or had the pans on the stoce for too long. The question remains however, Is it really that hard to just use a tea towel or oven mit? You can even buy silicon grips from junk stores if its that bad? But a proper scanpan wont over heat the handles if used correctly

Kim

Cooking for 40 years - think I know what I’m doing! Have never had problems with other brands. Gave the Scanpan ones away.

Steve

Not to be too rude, but Just because you've been cooking for over 40 years, doesnt mean you necessarily are doing it right now does it. I know plenty of professional chefs that dont know everything. But in 40 years youve never used a teatowel to handle a hot pot? Come on....

Get a life Steve.

Get an answer from our members and Scanpan representatives

Select a listing for your question
Scanpan Stainless Steel