10Scanpan Stainless Steel

LBXGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
Cathy BE
Cathy BEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed

These saucepans are disappointing. They do not have a “solid” feel, they are not a quality product. The pan handles heat up and you need an oven mitt to remove the lids. Save your money for Essteele saucepans. I have both and Essteele is much much better. The Scanpan set was on special and seemed like a good idea at the time....not Show details
Marshall
MarshallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC108 posts
Lynn G
Lynn GSydney, NSW2 posts
yang o.
yang o.Sydney, NSW
  Impact

The best with their after sales customer service

I have had them for almost last 10 years. The best thing is scanpan customer service. If a part is worn or torn , they simply replace it without questioning. This gave us a lot of trust of this brand. SMEG also does it. I will definitely buy from scanpan again. Once again their customer service is the best. They did not even ask your receipt for replacement of part once you need their help. Show details
Urmila S.
Urmila S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts
  Silencio

Great results

This is a handy pan to have in your kitchen. It is oven safe. The handle becomes very hot when the frypan has been in the oven though and you must use oven mitts before grabbing the handle. It does not have a non-stick coating but I have made Shakshuka eggs and chicken schnitzel with 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan and the food did not burn or stick to the bottom of the pan. The smaller size of the pan is perfect for cooking a small portion size. Show details
Nicolas
NicolasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

I do really like it!

I have bought it recently and I really like it. This is the commercial 16cm. I use it mainly for boiling and liquid stuff. If follow instructions it is easy to keep it clean and food not sticked. Even if food sticks is not a big deal to clean it. I think the key is not use high heat. With the use I noticed some areas got bit yellow which is a bit dificult to remove. It is just the looking. If inside I used bicarb and boiling. If outside I found the best solution use the scanoan stainless clean which cost 10 bucks. Happy overall with this one. With fried pans is different. I would not recommend buy any less than 20cm coz they got over heat to easy and dificult to clean and does not work very well to keep it out of stick food. Show details
M Parker
M ParkerSydney, NSW4 posts

SCAM pan

I have had three replacement pans due to the surface becoming non stick after 12 months. The last time I asked for a replacement I was confronted with a nasty femin nasty who said they will not replace the fry pan due to us not cleaning it properly. FYT A HOLES...!
I can get longer life out of a $15 Chinese disposable pan than this $240 SCAM pan. Show details
Cam
CamMelbourne3 posts

SCAM-PAN

After 4 months, everything stuck to it. Upon my wife advising the scam-pan company, the rude and incompetent representative escaped any responsibility, shifting the blame onto her, suggesting she was at fault, and didn’t know how to cook. This is just another poorly constructed piece of rubbish, with an evasive and irresponsible after sales team. Do not buy this pan! Show details
Krankypants
KrankypantsNorthern Region, NSW14 posts
  Commercial

Awesome, wish i had more!

I have the Scanpan Commercial 3 pot set & they get used a lot. Great value for money, they take a lot of abuse & still clean up well every time. I wish i had larger Commercial pots!
If you want pretty, shiny pots with glass lids...these are not for you. If you want hard wearing, great cooking pots then these are hard to beat. Show details
JKZ2018
JKZ201816 posts
  Verified Impact

Very good stainless frying pan

I totally agree with some of the comments here. I have bought a stainless scanpan. It works perfectly fine if you do it properly. Let the oil heat to a higher temperature then add the steak. It doesn’t stick too much if you cook in this way, and it can be cleaned easily with sponge.
It never says this is a non-stick pan. If you are looking for a non stick pan, then you shouldn’t buy it. I will buy more stainless cookware because I I don’t want the non stick coating come into my food everyday, no matter whether it is harmful or not. Show details
Non-Stick Quality
Steve
Steve62 posts
Roger
Roger
  Impact

You can cook non stick with these

All the poor reviews here will be down to people not knowing how to use steel cookware. You need some oil or butter and a fairly hot pan. Steel will stick otherwise, that is not a product failure.

All materials have pros and cons. Steel can handle high temps, sear and go in the oven. Cleans easy looks good. Non stick are easy but no good for high temp cooking, and doesn't last, no matter how much you spend.
I've cooked soft creamy omelettes in my impact. It just takes know how. Show details

Mandy
Mandy2 posts
  Impact

Worst Product and Even Worse Customer Service from Scanpan (Sheldon and Hammond P/L)

Totally disappointed, disillusioned and disgusted in both the product and the company. These would have to be the absolute worst pans I have ever ever used. Every single item of food sticks to them and it is an absolute nightmare to remove. The handles become way too hot to touch on both the pans and the lid - totally unsatisfactory and extremely dangerous. I only wish I had read the many others who have experienced this very same problem. Paying good money for absolute rubbish is so very disappointing.
As for Scanpan aka Sheldon and Hammond P/L their customer service response was deplorable - acknowledging these issues as though it is acceptable!!
NEVER EVER buy Scanpan - complete waste of money. Show details
Anna Rapinett
Anna RapinettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sticking scanpan

Purchased scanpan and the first time I used it my food stuck even after doing exactly what the manufactures recommended. Very disappointing and a waste of my hard earned money. Show details
Cookware & Fryware Products

Find out how Scanpan Stainless Steel compares to other Cookware & Fryware Products

Kait
Kait

Worst fry pans ever

Non stick?! Ha what a joke. At first I thought the pans needed to be seasoned in, months later every single meal is still sticking and ripping into shreds. Never experienced a worse pan in my life. Nothing I use can clean these pans, they’re tarnished with baked in black spots all through it. I’m upset that the people who gifted us these wasted their money. Show details
Gadgitgirl
Gadgitgirl2 posts
  Coppernox

Coppernox pot

Scanpan coppernox pot set 8 years old.

At year 6 the rubber handles were popping out and needing resetting at every use.

Changed to induction hob late last year and Scanpan site deems the pot suitable if it holds a magnet to bottom , which it did.

A few weeks ago the bottom of one pot buckled and loosened with an almighty crack while heating some milk.

Very slow response after 3 attempts at contact through Australia website as couldnt find info for NZ contact details. Wanted to know if other pots in set were actually safe to use as they told me this should not have happened. Once NZ team had info they very quickly organised replacement. Show details

Kelley R
Kelley RPerth, WA15 posts
Staci
StaciAU27 posts

Rubbish- Do Not Waste Your Money

Purchased the Scanpan Impact pans and upon using I also found these pans to not be non stick! Was making fried eggs and the end result was a mess! How can a company that “prides itself in offering the Best Kitchenware Brands In Australia” get it so wrong and why do they refuse to refund?!? Save your money people. These products are rubbish. Show details
Lyn G.
Lyn G.2 posts

Impossible to clean

I have used my scanpan 3 times.... it was given to me for a present.
The food sticks to the bottom and even with scrubbing it won't come off... the image attached is after cooking Tofu.... I have scrubbed it with a scourer but it still wont clean up.
I don't like this pan at all... it's the worst one I have ever cooked with! Show details
Ruby
RubyHunter Region, NSW3 posts
  Stainless Steel

No matter what, EVERYTHING sticks to these frypans

Have had the scanpan cookset for over three years now. It was the first very expensive set of pans I bought and honestly, I wish I hadn't of sent my 'cheap' frypans to the opshop.
No matter what you do, everything sticks to the frypans. Everything. I have followed manufacturers instructions to the letter and still it just ends up a giant mess and waste of food. My mother in law who was a head teacher of home ec also has some scanpan stainless frypans and has had the exact same results.
I would give zero stars for this review, except that the saucepans and steamer in the set have been fine and given me no trouble at all.
Don't waste your money on scanpan stainless steel. Show details
JaneB
JaneBAdelaide17 posts

Worst frypan ever

I bought this thinking it was a quality product, but I no longer use it in sheer frustration.
I've only cooked on med-low heat, as the instructions say. No matter what I cook, it massively sticks to the frypan, destroying the food and making clean up difficult. This is an expensive product and even at discount price (which I bought it at) it is still too costly for the quality it is. Very disappointed. Show details
Bicanoo
Bicanoo13 posts
  Maitre D

Largest pan on the market

This a truly professional pan. It has a copper core which dissipates heat perfectly and keeps the contents warm long after the gas has been turned off. Highly recommend this pan for big families or professionals and larger events. Show details
SJE
SJE6 posts

Shattered Glass Lid

Pretty disappointed with the glass lids for the saucepans. I've had my Scanpan set for a number of years and recently while cooking dinner the glass lid on one of our saucepans exploded out of nowhere. There was a loud pop and glass had shattered into the food, ruining our dinner and leaving us short a lid! Show details
Amy
Amy3 posts
  Axis

Perfect

Handle is not hot. Axis has copper as core up to the side. It is very good at heating and amazingly even without heat spot. The food is not stick on the pot. Such a perfect product.
Though Axis is made in China but I can see the standard is very high. Based on my using experience, it is far better than some other stainless steel pans which are claimed made in Italy.
I have a Scanpan skillet over 10 years but it works still flawlessly. Like this product very much. Show details

Kane
Kane4 posts
  Accent

Flawless cookware

Have used scanpan for last 25 years for all my home cookware and knives.. I only recently upgraded my cookware and knives but my old scanpan still was perfect in every way I gave as a present..SCAN PAN FOR LIFE Show details
Henry
HenrySydney, NSW9 posts
Mortishia
MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA188 posts
  Commercial

From the stove to the oven

I’m so glad I opted to purchase purchase Scanpan cookware. I first started with the 28cm stockpot. This was a great addition to my cookware. The ease of use reminded me of another brand (Rena Ware) you only need low heat to cook. Heat is enclosed within and cooks evenly. Has firm handles and a clear cover with steam outlet. Lovely steel shine and washes well. Only downfall, is the screw position on cover. The nut on the inside hinders when washing.
Overall, the item is great. Added advantage, sear meat and cook away in oven. The cover also can be used in the oven, it has a great heat resilient.
Like the product so am slowly adding items in my kitchen.
Personally, after washing and drying, I replace item in original box for longevity. Show details
mj88
mj88Western Australia21 posts

Scanpan Commercial Stockpot 8.5L

I love this pot. It heats evenly and quickly, nothing has ever burned in it, it’s not heavy. It’s my go-to for cooking in bulk or for large groups and making stock. It exceeded my expectations even though it’s just a stainless steel pot! I one day look forward to making jams and sauces in this pot too.

dlovep
dlovepNSW, 203317 posts
  Verified Impact

Name it correctly what an Impact on your cooking also your patience

Pro: Super Healthy Pan (more than 30% of food stuck on the pan)

Con: It needs a thick layer of oil to Deep (a normal) stir-fry

You will have a healthy cooking, since 30% of food stuck on pan you will literally getting a lot healthier than other pan, try pan fried a fish, you will get the "Shape" of fish and one side of fish stuck on pan. Then add more oil to stir-fry, end up like deep frying the food, what an IMPACT way of cooking, whereas you either getting healthy food with less oil or deep frying something which you want to stir-fry.

Carly
CarlySouthwest, VIC43 posts
  Verified Coppernox

Happy with my choice

I did not want non-stick cookware. Glad I chose Coppernox. Glass lids to see inside and silicone handles have become essential. Low to medium heat only is needed and it heats fast and evenly. Aesthetically they are pleasing to the eye. I have one saucepan, the dutch oven and the multi pasta pot. The dutch oven cooks my curries well. Food rarely sticks to my Coppernox pots but if it does it comes off quite easily after a soak in hot water for a couple of minutes. My only complaint is that the copper discolours quickly - I've read you can polish it but I don't have my pots on display to show off, they are for cooking, so it doesn't bother me TOO much.

Dk
DkPerth3 posts

Lower quality

I just bought steamer 28cm. It has a glass lid. Handle gets hot and you need tea towel to pick up the lid. As soon as you lift the lid it starts making crackling noises even though the lid is still in your hand. I found the base is not that heavy either considering the size of the pan. I have got some other Scanpan pans very old ones they are much better quality than this one. Handle on my old glass lids is thicker and does not get hot. Base of those old pans is much heavier. That was the reason I bought Scanpan again. Quality has definitely gone down. Then I looked on the box and it is made in China. Not happy with the quality.

melonyc
melonycSydney, NSW48 posts
  Impact

Love my stainless steel cookware

I've had non-stick (Swiss Diamond) and tried copper coated pans but eventually went back to plain stainless steel because I just got tired of having to fuss over a saucepan. There's nothing quite like it for cooking and you don't have to worry about what utensils you're (or anyone else) is using or if you can put it in the dishwasher. These pans look great, cook beautifully and will give you decades of fuss free service.

Jack C
Jack CPerth, WA4 posts
Mike
Mike

Heather
HeatherSA, 53434 posts

Scanpan products

I just love my stainless steel products. Best on the market. Try their list of knives. I have about 7 of them. If you buy ensure you get the appropriate sharpener.

Also give the other equipments available a try. I have the full range.

I have had mine for years. I standby everthing.

I bought at different times.

Heather Brand

Tim J
Tim J2 posts
  CLAD 5

Frying Pan is Terrible

Beautiful set of saucepans and frying pans, but what's the point if you can't use them. We returned our first frying pan because it was faulty and although the customer service was great, we still can't use our frying pan. It burns nearly every time we use it. And yes we've tried seasoning the pan and a very low heat. Only alternative is to use such a low heat that it would take hours to cook. What's the point in having in having beautiful cookware that you're afraid to use?

aussiestar45
aussiestar45Sydney, NSW11 posts
  CLAD CS5
Chocolate
Chocolate
  Impact

Everything sticks at the bottom

I have a set of WMF pots for 18 years and they are amazing and when I saw the Scanpan wok I thought it will work just as amazing as I could not find any WMF wok where I live.

Worst decision ever, everything I cook stick at the bottom. The food always turn up looking a mess. What's more, I have to spend lots of time soaking it and cleaning it.