Scanpan Pressure Cooker 24cm/8L

Scanpan Pressure Cooker 24cm/8L

terrible

once I managed to get it to work, pressure just blows out of the valves, and doesn't pressurize, when I returned it to scanpan, they tried to tell me it was me!!! but they only tested it with water in????? no food!!! and once out of 3 it didnt work, huge waste of money, my last scanpan lasted 15 years and I'd gave it away having got a new one! thats it for me Never again will I buy scanpan, it will go in the bin once I get it back

Purchased in October 2018 for $179.00.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Weekly

Terrible

I spend more time trying to get the lid to seal than I do cooking. It took half an hour to get the pressure valves to lock. I am going to throw this piece of rubbish in the bin and buy a different brand. The instruction manual didn’t give enough troubleshooting information.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

I absolutely love it but two minor grizzles about the accessories

I purchased this pressure cooker after I was told I could no longer get a replacement handle for my "vintage" pressure cooker. For goodness sake, it was only about 25 years old :( I did quite a bit of research and found the article/review at the American Test Kitchens very helpful in determining what qualities to look for in a pressure cooker. The Scanpan ticked most of the boxes, plus it was on special so that was an added bonus. I find It so quiet I barely know it is on; so different from my previous cooker which I thought had been quiet as I had always compared it to my Grandmothers pressure cooker. I also love that I do not need to have different weights for different pressure levels, that the two levels are marked on the same indicator and when the desired pressure is reached all I do is turn down the heat to maintain that pressure. No more hunting around in the draw for weights for the cooker.

I also like that the heavy duty base plate on the bottom of the pan goes right to the edge of the pan rather than leaving an area around the edge. If the base plate is smaller than the base of the cooker it is far to easy to burn food.

There are only two things I am not particularly impressed with in this pressure cooker and that is the trivet and the steamer basket. I prefer a trivet that is more like a raised plate with holes in it than the one which is piece of folded metal from Scanpan. I have found that it is too narrow and a number of things topple off of the trivet.

The other thing that could be improved is that the steamer basket only has one central handle which means it tips over VERY easily when you lift it out of the cooker, sending hot food everywhere (including into the water in the cooker). My previous basket had had two handles which meant you could lift it up without it tipping.

Other than those two minor grizzles I am really pleased I bought this pressure cooker.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Perfect pressure

This is by far the best pressure cooker I've purchased !!!!! Easy to use ! Cooks everything really quickly ! Don't have to wait ages for pressure to release ! Easy to clean ! Mine goes in dishwasher ! Storage not a problem !! I LOVE MY SCANPAN PRESSURE COOKER

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Scan pan 8ltr beauty

Hubby got this after I had a really old one blow it's lid off..it's the best. It states to replace the ring seal every 12mths which I don't like.. Trying to see the marker for pressure is hard at times.. Besides those 2 things, I love it..make sure u read the instructions & do not place lid on top when in storage, turn lid over otherwise u will damage the seal..

Date PurchasedJul 2016

The pressure valve is a trouble spot in design

The safety valve rubber ring keeps falling off and going awol. Without it, the cooker is useless. Ours has been sitting in the kitchen cabinet for over 2 years. We must have been able to use it only for a few months at most.
Apologies for this review, but i thought people should know about this.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

kudos to scanpan

we bought dual scanpan pressure cookers 6 years ago and notified scanpan when the handle of one cracked. guess what? they asked us to return postage prepaid and mailed back to us these new model replacements, an 8L and a 6L! needless to say, we are blown away by this exceptional customer service and are now die had scan pan pressure cooker fans.
thank you, scanpan!

April 29th 2016 Update:
we have started using the new replacement scanpan pressure cookers and am blown away by how the product has improved in 6 years.

quiet as ever, it no longer make a racket when cooking and best of all, the bottoms no longer burn! we also found that loosing less steam, we needed to use less stock/water to cook.

well done, scanpan!

Love love love my pressure cooker

I'm really surprised with some if the bad reviews, absolutely love mine and don't know how I've lived without it! I rave to everyone I know although not great for trying to lose weight especially when you now cook ribs all the time! Oh and the shanks soooo good, melt off the bone in less the 35 minutes. Use mine at least three times a week and no issues at all!

See all Scanpan Pressure Cooker reviews