7Scanpan Non-Stick

Scanpan Non-Stick Questions & Answers

Marina L.
Marina L. · Non-Stick

I bought a scanpan and the bottom bubbled after a few uses... is this world-class?

Scanpan
Scanpan   DM

Please contact warranty@sheldonandhammond.com.au straight away

Coleen de fry
Coleen de fry · Non-Stick

Hi I have had two roaster scan pan both got bubbles in them quite upset

And disappointed what can I do

Beate L
Beate L · Non-Stick Induction+

Hi I would like to know if anyone has had issues with the scan pan induction frypan not cooking all the way across the pan. My 32 cm frypan only cooks in the centre of the pan even though it is on a ring that is large. Its actually useless.

Hathi CL
Hathi CL · Non-Stick

I have a roaster with rack and lid with glass insert. The bottom of my roaster is bubbling quite badly and the coating is lifting. This is the first SCANPAN item that I have had any concerns with.

krystal888
krystal888

Sorry, I haven't had any experience with the roaster. All I can suggest is to either take it back to the store you got it from & see what they say. I managed to find a Sheldon & Hammond close to to me where I exchanged my scanpan but I just looked them up & they are no longer there. Good luck getting an exchange or refund.

Karen
Karen · Non-Stick Professional

I have had my stainless steel saucepans a long time. Used daily. The knob on the lid had dropped off today. Makes lid difficult to use.What should I do.

elaine thorley
elaine thorley · Non-Stick

Is there a problem using a non-stick casserole pot if the lining is peeling off?

charles
charles · Non-Stick Professional

I have a commercial grade gas stove and trying to decide which scan pan wok would work best. Scan pan Professional wok or Scan pan CTQ / CTX wok?

Carole
Carole

Hello Charles,

Due to little success with Scanpan, I wouldn't recommend getting a wok through them. I actually have their professional range wok and I find it sticks. I think with this range, it's advised not to put on high heat and we all know wok need to be on very high heat especially on your commercial stove. Sorry, can't comment on the other range.

Have you ever thought of getting one from an oriental grocer store? Its like a fraction of the price, doesn't stick as long as you season the wok well before use.

I hope this information helps.

P.S. I shouldn't bag Scanpan too much because I have their S/S pots and pans and they're great!

Helen S
Helen S · Non-Stick

I have a non-stick Scanpan frypan, can I put it in the oven after searing the meat on the stove-top?

RALPH
RALPH

I have put mine in the oven without any problems. I do like the weight of the pan, but I still stick to my original review I would NEVER buy another one of these pans. They are way overpriced and not worth it. My Calphalon pans are better than this pan.

Yes the classic range is oven safe to 260 degrees

cslcelia
cslcelia · Non-Stick Classic

Hi! Can anyone advise if the email address for warranty below is correct? warranty@sheldonandhammond.com.au

My email got bounced back.

whingers

Yes this is the correct email

Try calling on 02 9482 6666

gcdollar
gcdollar · Non-Stick

which series of Scanpan are made NOT in China? any one knows? Thanks.

Pestoking
Pestoking

sorry, I have no idea.

kevinf
kevinf

No idea but the set that I bought which stained so badly, after the very first use on my brand new smeg, is stamped "Scanpan Impact Professional"

The retailer advised that Scanpan instructed them to use a metal scourer to remove the stains. The retailer then called me to collect the pan which they handed to me horribly scratched by the scourer. I couldn't believe that the retailer actually did that. Now it is impossible to even fry an egg, since the egg cannot be removed from the pan without destroying the egg. Clearly the egg is adhering to the rough surface created by the retailer. Do not put yourself through what I have been through by purchasing this junk. I am now in search of a brand that is quality and that I can keep for life, so this time of course, I have learned my lesson and will take the time to read reviews. Any suggestions for a seriously good brand of pots and pans for use with an induction cooktop? Price is not an issue.

starlux
starlux

The Classic and CTX are made in Denmark.

whingers

All of the no stick pans are made in Denmark

Harriet
Harriet · Non-Stick

My large scan pan stewpot has developed white spots all over its base. They seem to be pitted. Is it safe to use? If not,what can I do. I have never used it for frying, just casserole get.

Daphne Diaphanous
Daphne Diaphanous

I don't really know Harriet. As long as the pot's base is thick & still level, I continue using mine. They just look daggy on the inside. I hope this is helpful.

Marianne Helsing
Marianne Helsing · Non-Stick

When the surface comes off is the pan safe to use?

Avidmum
Avidmum

Hi Marianne, I don't have coated Scanpan saucepans. My are all stainless steel. I suggest you check with the manufacturer, but it doesn't sound good to me, and I wouldn't use them. You could be risking your families health. I could be wrong. Check with the manufacturer.

Happy Girl
Happy Girl

Hi Marianne, I'm no expert, but I continued to use mine for a while, but it became annoying as things started sticking to the base. I suggest you contact Scanpan as they were very helpful and will replace if bought under 10 years ago.

Rhonda
Rhonda · Non-Stick Induction+

can you use scanpan on an induction stove top

Stevenj32
Stevenj32

Hello Rhonda, I believe in can be used on induction stoves, though I have not had much luck with Scanpan, it will not bend or dis-form from heat, it's only the coating that I disapprove of, good luck and happy cooking.

Regards, Steven

Judith Harvey
Judith Harvey · Non-Stick Classic

Could you tell me how I return my scanpan. I was told it had a 15 year warranty. Is there an Australian return address and phone number. I bought scan pan because I was told it had very good customer service. Thank you Judith Harvey

Jazzyg1234
Jazzyg1234

Hi Judith I would take it back to the place that you bought it, or http://www.scanpan.dk/Dealers/Australia

Scan Pan does have better customer service than we have come across with other pans we've bought.

All the best :)

Tonytee
Tonytee

HI Judith, all I did was call my local Scanpan supplier, I got the phone number form the shop I bought it from, the supplier asked me some questions regarding the "serial" number imprinted on the base of the pan, from this number they were able to determine its manufacturing date and approximate sale year, they asked me to put it into box and ship it to them for free via the address they provided and Scanpan happily replaced it. Scanpan has a 10 year warranty, not a 15 year warranty...You might not find a phone number online as they do not usually deal directly with the public!!!!

glyn51
glyn51 · Non-Stick

Burnt some pasta in a stainless steel pot. Cannot remove the burn. Any suggestions??

Kim2cats
Kim2cats

Try salt and vinegar and place pot outside.. Eden bad burns will usually lift after a few days. Use plenty of salt in full strength vinegar. Don't know if it works for non stick pans.

Silvia08
Silvia08 · Non-Stick

Hello, my sister gave me 2 scanpan frypans, after a few uses bubles appeared on the non stick surface on both, she also bought one for herself a the same time but it didn't happened to it. I put them away but now I would like to know if I can have them replaced, my sister does not have the dockets of purchase anymore. could you please advise. thanks

Mam
Mam

I am also a disappointed user of Scanpan. I approached their HO in Sydney who have referred me to their Perth Office. They have asked me to bring the pans in for assessment. I live about an hour and a half away from their office. I have not gone there as yet to see what their response is, so I do not know if it will be replaced or not.

irene17
irene17 · Non-Stick

Help me i cant find a receipt for a scanpan product knife set with block, the knives dont stay sharp and the bread knife hacks through the bread try to find a contact address for the manufacturer wanted to send them email can anyone help please?

vaughan.elphick
vaughan.elphick

What kind of cutting board are you cutting them on? I know a lot of people make this novice mistake (honestly I did at first also) cutting on just bad cutting boards, unless it is wood (even then the right type) your knives will blunt quickly.

Get an answer from our members and Scanpan representatives

Select a listing for your question
Scanpan Non-Stick