7Scanpan Non-Stick

27% · 61157 · 69%

zurizuri
zurizuri87 posts

Absolute rubbish

The pans purchased were NEVER used at high heat, NEVER sprayed with cooking spray, ALWAYS used as directed and gently hand washed (once cooled down) after every use. EVERY. SINGLE. PAN. Has had the non stick surface degraded. Sticks like nothing else. Verdict: After years of trying (with new pans), Scanpan is no different to a cheap Kmart or Target pan. The first few months are bliss. Then comes the anger. Don’t waste your money. The warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. Buy cheap $20 pans and throw them out when they lose their non-stick properties Show details
Disappointed
DisappointedPerth, WA14 posts
  Classic

Loved it to begin with, we are now divorced

Absolutely loved my scanpan frypan to begin with, then it betrayed me and started peeling, after 18 months. I have returned it to David Jones and just awaiting an assessment. Currently using an older frypan I had in back of cupboard, which is far far better to use and in comparison for age, has worn much better.
I don’t recommend buying scanpan, after the 12 months honeymoon is over it all goes downhill, keep your receipt, you will need it!!! Show details
Chris P.
Chris P.
  CTX
Non-Stick Quality
Louise
LouiseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Worst ever, flaking after less than 2 years

These pans are terrible. Not worth the extra money at all. Bought when about 18 months ago and there are bits flaking off the bottom edge already, in multiple spots.

What a waste of money and time and effort. The fact that they have no customer service replies on here is so telling as well. Show details

unhappy
unhappySydney, NSW
  Classic

Extremely sad and very disappointed

I bought two ceramic titanium scan pan fry pans and very disappointed.One is peeling where the base meets the sides and I wonder how dangerous is this.Have looked after them but unfortunately do not have the receipts.They are not worth the money. Extremely disappointed. Have had my Le Creuset casseroles +pan for nearly 40 years and are still serving me well. Never again will I stray. Show details
Ms_Reviewer
Ms_ReviewerSydney, NSW4 posts

Terrible product, but customer service 5 stars

I have had a number of Scanpan non stick pans over the years, I have always followed their instructions but with regular use they last approximately 12 - 18 months before they start to stick. The only reason I still have them is that I have kept my receipts, return them to the store of purchase, get them checked and they always give me new ones. Show details
Lu C
Lu CSydney, NSW2 posts
  PRO IQ

Pro IQ pans at over $200 each are bad

Don’t buy scanpans!!! These were gifts from my parents. Within a year it started to stick. Send them back as they have a lifetime warranty. Just got told they will not replace it as there is carbon buildup!!! What a waste of time & money!!

They are so expensive to buy! You would expect them to last or have great after sale service, but they provided neither

Terrible customer service, terrible useless products. Show details

Hannah W.
Hannah W.South East Queensland, QLD
  Evolution

Don’t waste your money

Worst pans I’ve ever had. I invested in two different sized pans and both of them started sticking within a year. I sent them back and was told it was due to oil build up and given cleaning instructions which haven’t worked. So now I have two useless pans that I can’t cook meat or eggs in. Save your money and just buy a Kmart pan and replace it every year instead. Show details
Monique C
Monique CSouthwest, VIC20 posts
  Classic

If I could have rated it zero I would have- SCAM PAN!

This has to be the most overpriced rubbish on the market! It starts to lose its non stick pretty early (6months) using silicon and wooden utensils. And yes I have done their recommended carbon build up removal blah blah blah! Its useless, food sticks, bits are coming off into your food and its the coating coming off, not burnt on food etc, I know how to wash a pot. Never again! Cast iron fry pan, Tefal egg pan and stainless steel the rest. Talk about scam pan!! Show details
Brownbear
Brownbear32 posts
Lily
LilySydney, NSW
  Verified Non-Stick

Scanpan Casserole Non Stick Pot. Very Bad Quality. Do Not Buy!

I bought SCANPAN nonstick casserole pot, becomes rusted after approx 3 years of use.
I always washed with non scratch scourer, never put in the dishwasher.
Very disappointed with the product.

The replied from SCANPAN company:

Unfortunately, no manufacturing fault has been found when your pan was being assessed, therefore we can not issue a replacement.
Your pan has been rejected due to carbon being present.
Scanpan Code E1 = Lack of Cleaning. Not Justified Show details

Lokamo
LokamoPerth, WA2 posts

Dreadful. Don't waste your money

I have a non stick SCANPAN frypan. I bought it perhaps 3 years ago, my first and only SCANPAN item. Perhaps it worked OK the first 4 times but food sticks all the time. I certainly did not use high heat on it, and have never had it in the diswasher or scratched it. It is a total waste of time and food actually sticks more that in a regular frypan that has no claim to being non stick. I wonder if it would make a novelty feature in the garden. Don't buy a non stick SCANPAN product. Show details
Non-Stick Quality
Frances McQuade
Frances McQuadeIllawarra, NSW4 posts
  Non-Stick

Tagine with non stick pan

Second one and same thing has happened to pan surface - does not stay intact - don’t buy it as warranty doesn’t cover!! Very disappointed as the product is expensive - warranty poor. Show details
krystal888
krystal888WA, 602430 posts
Cinzia
CinziaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Don’t buy

I’ve bought thousands of dollars worth of these classic pans.
They’re re great for a few uses and even using their own cleaning instructions, no high heat and cleaning with soap and water without scrubbing and never been in the dishwasher, the coating still comes off. I’ve sent many back for replacement over the years and it’s more of a bother than anything. They’re very hard to deal with. Don’t bother Show details
Rhys
RhysPerth, WA5 posts

ccfab3
ccfab33 posts
  Non-Stick

overpriced non effective fry pan

having purchased in mid 2018 eveything went well for approx 3 months,then slowly started to stick until now usless, allways hand washed never used abrasives to clean only sponge as per instructions,what a waste of time and money,should have just bought another cheap frypan,they last just as long. Show details
Disgruntled
DisgruntledGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Professional

Pricey and poor customer service

I bought a pricey Scanpan and found the food sticking to the pan. I tried to return it after speaking to someone on the phone-Scanpan kept it for 8 weeks and returned with no note/refused to fix or even clean. Appalling customer service. Would not recommend. Show details
Amanda
Amandaamanda@amandawilliams.com.au3 posts

Scanpan Tagine coating failure

The Titanium coating on my 3 week old tagine wiped off after going through the dishwasher (Woolies brand detergent) even though the Kitchen Warehouse website said it was dishwasher safe. I returned it to Kitchen Warehouse, they gave it to the ScanPan rep, who decided there was nothing wrong with it. I don't believe it's safe to cook in something with a dissolving coating, so I ended up with nothing for my $118. Poor customer service from both companies. Very disappointed.

Uncle Biscuits
Uncle BiscuitsSydney, NSW57 posts
C. ANDERSEN
C. ANDERSENSouth East Queensland, QLD101 posts
  Induction+

Worst non-stick pans ever!

I bought these pants because they were supposed to be the bees knees when it came to non-stick cooking. Nothing could be further from the truth. Used in accordance with instructions from day one, food sticks during cooking and is hard to remove in the cleaning process. The bottom of the pans scratched my glass cooktop. All in all a waste of money and I wouldn't buy Scanpan again. There are so many exclusions in the warranty it isn't worth the paper it's written on because there is no way one could prove one used and cleaned the pans in accordance with the instructions. Very disappointed!

todd
toddsydney6 posts
  Classic

High priced, non stick isn't that good

I really think it's criminal to say there product is so good so they can slug you with a big price but you find out its not as good as they tell it is. The non stick don't last. Please you will regret. You let them scam you, 2× pots & 1x frypan quickly lost the titanium coating.

Eddies
Eddies5 posts
  Evolution

No bad

I have used it for about 8 months and like it so far. I think its does what its suppose to do. Its still a non stick, i wash it in the dishwasher with no problems, however very careful to not use any metal utensils. Its not that expensive, so if it only last for a few years I think its worth it.

jvdv01
jvdv0150 posts

Not good

Bought a Scanpan Ceramic Titanium in April 2014 and for the first 6 months it was good but then its non stick started to fail. We used the pan only 2 or 3 times a week and in accordance with the instructions but now, a mere two years the pan's non stick is useless and is discolored. At the same time we also bought a Scanpan Wok which is fine but the flypan was a waste of money - a $8.00 plain label from Coles performed better. .

ramjet
ramjetSydney, NSW6 posts

Eggs Stick to Brand New Fry Pan First Time Used

Birthday present, brand new Fry Pan non stick.

The eggs badly stuck to the "non stick surface" and it was first time used even on low heat, followed all instructions.

Wardy
WardyLondon

Great pans, terrible company

Spent over £200 on 1 pan which is a lot of money for me, but it was an anniversary present that should have lasted a very long time. Came with a ' lifetime guarantee ' which after 10 years the handle fell off. I was told by scan pan that the ' lifetime guarantee ' was actually a 10 year guarantee and they would not replace my pan. The pan ( apart from the handle ) is excellent. The company are liars.

Luke P
Luke P
  CTX

Worst pan ever, steer clear

Scanpan will not replace my pan that I saved up for because photos suggest it’s been used on high heat for cooking. It lost its non stick surface 9 months on and was very well looked after. Not a happy customer. These quality pans should be able to handle heat I would think?

James G Bear
James G Bear7 posts

Not so great

They are fine for a bit, but the stickiness comes off, and on one of our pans, the knob on the lid broke only after a year or two. They sent us a new lid knob under warranty, so good job there, but I would have expected it to have been built better in the first place, especially given the price.

Rita
RitaMelbourne, Victoria36 posts
John
John

OK product

The nonstick coating came off after a year of use and several times through the dishwasher, and they honored the warranty. Thanks Scanpan! However, I won't use the new one in the dishwasher again.

martind57
martind57Richmond-Tweed, NSW72 posts
  Classic

Stove top grill - no warranty after one year

My son spent a whole lot of money on this as a gift to use on the fishburner on my cooktop. Was absolutely fantastic for grilling steaks, chops etc - absolutely loved it. Until the non-stick started to separate from the grill. Took it back to place of purchase to have replaced under warranty and was told that it wasn't covered because the temperature had been too high. I thought the whole idea of these was to get those wonderful looking grill marks on the food, which requires quite a lot of heat - apparently not! Have replaced with a cast iron grill.

honesty
honestysydney116 posts
Sue. P
Sue. P

Disappointed

This is the first Scanpan non-stick I have purchased. The sales assistant assured me they were worth the price because they were absolutely the best.

I was disappointed from the start.

The food sticks and the "non stick" surface is stained and impossible to get clean.

I would not recommend scanpan products to anyone and I will not purchase a Scanpan product again.

Taco
Taco
  Induction+

What a joke. Don't waste your money

This is the most expensive pan I have bought and it is the worst by far. Everything sticks to it from day 1. I have been in contact with scanpan but still waiting for a reply. Just wish I read these reviews before purchasing it. Never again.......

garry
garry2 posts

This is rubbish after 6 months

After six months this pan is rubbish everything sticks scan pan was reliable once but now you might as well throw it away font spend 100 dollars on rubbish, it's a shame they let it go so badly. They told me it's been used at too higher heat i never use it above medium yet my oven pan is great scan pan should hang their heads in shame.

Peter
Peter4 posts
  Classic

Really disappointed - DON'T GO NEAR!

Purchased in November 2012. The nonstick surface went soon after and we have been suffering with it ever since.

We purchased it with a lifetime warranty as other people who have reviewed here also indicate they have done. However Scanpan's Australian representatives seem to say they have only ever had a 10 year warranty which is at odds with the packaging I bought and so many other people who have written here have bought as well.

Scanpan has an obligation to provide a replacement under the lifetime warranty but seemed to want to shirk this.

Still unresolved with them and would not recommend to anyone to go near them.

JJ41
JJ41Southwest, VIC56 posts
  Classic

Lasts forever and the life guarantee works

We brought a large "titanium" non stick Fry Pan about ten years ago. We have used it several times per week on a gas range and recently the handle became loose. Although I did not have a receipt I called the local Scanpan agent and they kindly posted us a new handle. We were impressed that they still had a handle and even more impressed that they provided a replacement at no cost. I have the pan a good scrub and the coating is still in tact and working. We still have and use the original glass lid. I was not impressed with the price and promise of "life time" guarantee when we bought the pan but am now a convert.

The Honest Reviewer
The Honest Reviewer8 posts
  Classic

Worse than the cheap stuff

We spent a fair bit of money buying this non stick fry pan. After a being extremely careful on how to use and clean the pan, the non stick properties are completely gone. Has this soaked into my food and have I consumed a carcinogenic substance?

Im better off buying the cheapest pans that dont last long and replace once a year than purchase a Scanpan at 10 times the cost that needs to be replaced in 6 months. Other Scanpan products such as breadboards are made from the cheapest of materials with poor workmanship. I am now the wiser that Scanpan has a great marketing team tricking consumers into purchase expensive products. Expensive does not equal better.

Rose
Rose

Frying pan

Excellent pans. Customer Service is great and always sent my products back when they had a fault. Love my Wok. I had a problem with the frying pan but they replaced it with no problems. I highly recommend Scanpan

Janelle
JanelleSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  IQ

This wok is so easy to cook with

The wok is a new one bought for my new induction hotplate. It is so easy to cook with, and just wipes clean :-)

Love it, as I have previously loved my previous wok (which sadly is not induction suitable). Works beautifully on the induction plate for any size meal, for up to 10 people!