Schmick Car Care Club

Schmick Car Care Club (page 2 of 6)

Beware after sale dealer commission

Prices seem to vary hugely. With my new vehicle I was quoted $695 for first year then it goes up each year by$100 =$2385 total for 3years.
Spoke to a friend who recently bought a new car and she paid only $650 total for 3 years. Go direct to Schmick. Dealers are scamming.

Hi Stevu,

Unfortunately since we don't sell the membership we are unaware of dealership pricing. It may be best to speak to a couple of different dealers regarding what they can do for you.

Excellent service

I can't complain about anything at all as the service was excellent. Dale is polite & explained the procedure extremely well & after an hour, I now have a scratch-free car again. I'm so glad I decided to take out this extra policy. The extra $50 is well spent in my opinion. Will definitely use them again but hope I never have to.

Jeramy

JeramySydney, NSW

First contact with them and they told me "It's probably going to cost more". Now no reply at all!

Schmick ClubSchmick Car Care Club

Don't waste your money!!!

The entire reason I asked for the repairs was to fix a scratched bumper and small dent. They came out to do touch ups only even after sending photos and emailing the details of what we wanted. The guy who came out was nice enough but the office called and wanted to charge 5 times the call out fee on top of what I was already paying! For the cost of the membership I could have had the areas fixed for much less. Save your money and don't bother.

Great fix

I have used Schmick to repair my damaged alloy wheel hubs on two occasions. Jarrod has done a great job on two separate occasions. Easy to deal with & does a great repair.

Julie

JulieDarling Downs, QLD

Excellent service by Simon Russell

I was very impressed with the service and workmanship provided by Simon Russell! His eye for detail, level of professionalism and paint matching was second to none. What a great service! It took him about 30 minutes and my car looked as good as before the scrape happened.
I would like pass on my thanks again to Simon for his work and the outcome achieved on my car. I would definitely recommend Simon to anyone needing this kind of professional service!

Graeme

GraemeSydney, NSW

Is this a scam?

We live in an apartment - therefore it's impossible to get them to come and complete the works. Even though we have a perfectly suitable space, with ventilation. They then said to ask our BMW service centre to use their workshop to which BMW told me this is not possible and they had heard terrible things about Schmick from other customers. They will not repair the scratch on the door unless we pay a further $350 as it's over 6 cms (it's about 10cms long). To just have the rims repaired it's going to take up to 2 months to have someone come out and fix it. Basically, they do anything they can to not repair your car. I'm amazed BMW actually associate with this brand.

Robert Cotter was punctual, friendly, professional and performed the repair work to my BMW to an exceptional standard. I am a perfectionist myself and was extremely pleased with the results. Thanks Robert.

Ray Man

Ray ManSydney, NSW

I've had a couple of repairs done now

Perfect job, like I never scratched my car!

Robert Cotter was assigned by Schmick to fix a scratch on my side mirror. Rob was very professional, friendly and efficient. He got the job done without any hiccups and my car looks brand new. Thanks Rob and the Schmick team for a job well done!

Splendid_12Sydney

Don't waste your money

What a waste of my money, spend $1500 on a 3 year membership only to find out that they only repair what they like, had a small scratch and they refused to fix it with stupid reasons. Never will I buy this service again.

Splendid_12

That is not a reasonable excuse, my damage was minor but still they refused a proper fix , I guess there are more things you can't/won't fix than u can, maybe be u need to transparent in ur offering , these things are never mentioned upfront.

Great Service

Ken was assigned by Schmick to repair my scratch on my car via my car dealership. He has been professional, friendly and has great workmanship in fixing the scratches on my car. I would recommend his service to anyone who needs it. Thank you once again for the repair!

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

First time I have used Schmick . Very impressed on all levels of their work. Excellent service and communication. Very quick to respond. Highly recommend Schmick to customers needing work on their car !

Happy customer

Happy customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Repair of scratched paintwork by Schmick

Excellent job! On time courteous friendly and efficient! Super with the result achieved today the repair was great and I’d happily recommend this service! I cannot see any evidence of the scratch now

Clay B.

Clay B.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Ken from Smicked called the next day after I put my claim in via the app, we booked an appointment (2 days later).
Ken was on time curtious and happy to explain the repair needed and completed the job in a timely manner
Absolutely outstanding service would Definately recommend.

Looks like new

Very impressed.
Car looks like new again.
Very prompt and friendly service.
Will recommend. App very easy to use.
Unpleasant surprise on return to my car, drivers side front bumper badly scratched.

Highly recommended

I have Daniel Granata repaired scratches on 4 alloy wheels (they hv deep scratches all over) and a long scratch (looked like someone held a key and ran it along) on my car body. Veni, vidi, vici - He came, he saw, he conquered. My car has a make over. Excellent jobs with professional attitude. Thanks again Daniel.

Arnold

ArnoldBradbury

It's a hoax. Waste of money..They claimed to be a " scratch and dent rapid repairer " but a slow repairer..

I submitted a request for 1dent in the wheel arch last April. I was told they are busy to come to my place due to the recent hailstorm last December.. They asked me to go to one of their repairer to bring my Jeep but when I was about to go I was told that they only do touch up Nd not dent and someone will call me to check on it. I waited for almost 3 months after that no one called. Made a follow up this September and surprisingly they got someone to check on the job only to learn that they cannot do it as they might create crAcks on the paint when they fix it and advise me to go to panel shop.

Job well done!

I had Dominic Imeneo come to do repair work on one of the alloy wheels and a few fine scratches on the car body of my Volvo XV40. His friendliness, professionalism and meticulous craftsmanship surely deserves my highest commendation.

Happy Customer: Repair 4 mag wheels for just $200

I had 4 BMW mag wheels restored by Daniel Granata from Schmick and they look
fantastic and brand new.
This guy is very professional, polite and hard working. He works on the wheels for a total of 6 hours, Friday and Saturday morning. He is a craftsman. Thank you so much again Daniel.

Kade.

Kade.asked

Hi, I am a schmick member but cannot find my membership number, how do I go about obtaining this??

Noor P.
Noor P.

Contact the dealership you bought vehicle from

Honda buyer
Honda buyer

If the Schmick membership came with a car purchase, yes, the best way to get the details is through the car dealer (they are likely to be responsive to a buyer, who hopefully will buy again). If you paid directly to Schmick, you will need to phone Schmick.

daveasked

how does it work

Hi Dave,

Schmick is a cosmetic repair program designed to assist with the everyday scratches your vehicle may incur that are not large enough to be put through your car insurance. If you have a membership with us and require a repair you can download our app Scratch & Dent Assist to send us a photo of the damage. Someone will be in contact from there to discuss a booking.

dave

Thank you sincerely for your reply and i will be purchasing your product. Great reviews

dave

I have an appointment for Friday 29/11/19 to begin.

Keith Chisholm

Keith Chisholmasked

Bought Subaru Outback from Keystar Morayfield 17/08/17. From memory, I paid around $800 for 3 years Schmick coverage. Just notices a couple of tiny knicks and a small scratch. I am a techno-dumbo Old Fart with no camera or mobile phone. Where can I take the vehicle to have it checked out or can someone come to me in Caboolture/Morayfield area ? [details removed]

Hi Keith,

We do require photos of any repairs to the vehicle to ensure it is a cosmetic repair that we can assist with. The photos also let us know how long our technician needs to complete the repairs. We always want to make sure we allocate adequate time to repair the vehicle properly.

We are a mobile service so we don't have any fixed locations to bring a vehicle to. If you cannot take a photo of the damage yourself we'd suggest asking a friend or family member to assist.

Get an answer from our members and Schmick Car Care Club representatives