Schwarzkopf Live Brillance Violet Vision 85

2.7

Courtney S.

Courtney S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Completely the wrong colour

I specifically bought this because it states that it works on dark hair. My hair is dark brown and the colour made my hair darker and in the light it is red!!! It is not purple at all. Feeling frustrated because it’s so dark now I’m not going to be able to use another colour or anything to fix it. Now I’ve read reviews and people say it fades to red? Not looking forward to that.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$10.99.

Ease of Application
Stains ClothesNo
Ruby

RubyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't recommend

Turned my hair black/dark cherry, opposed to violet purple like the packaging suggests. Very subtle as well. I have dark brown hair and the packaging said it work on black hair so I thought it would still show up well, but it didn't. Turned the ends of my hair virtually black as well when I was wanting it to be lighter! Don't recommend unless you want a subtle dark cherry colour.

Brilliant colour if you look after your hair properly

My natural hair colour is light brown with greys. This colour is like a dark mulberry on my hair, but after about a month or so it fades to red.

I now use a keratin treatment and colour protect leave-in conditioner and the only reason I need to re-dye my hair is to cover the regrowth. It’s not as dark as freshly dyed, but it’s pretty good.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores.

Ease of Application
Dyed Hair Colour Darker shade
Hair Damage No
Longevity A few weeks
Side effects No
Stains ClothesNo
Hair Dyes

Find out how Schwarzkopf Live Brillance Violet Vision 85 compares to other Hair Dyes

Nicola

NicolaAustralia

My brown hair is now red!!

I wish I had read the reviews 1st before buying, I just wanted a purple hair dye that I could use in my medium-dark brown hair without bleaching my hair first...
What I actually got was a red hair dye, a terrible smell that nearly made me throw up, and a terrible headache (that lasted all day).
I made my self last through the 30 minutes and I’m sure that by the time I got in the shower it would have been 40 minutes or close to it, as I was getting into the shower I sudden got very dizzy.
The chemical smell is just too strong.
At least it gets off your skin easy enough and luckily the reddish colour isn’t too bad on me, though I was be a lot happier if it was the dark purple I was after.

JojoD

JojoD

Turned my brown hair red!

az

azBundoora

pretty good but it stains like crazy

i used the ultra voilet colour
it slightly darkened my light roots and i can tell has a great colour
looks a bit similar to the pack but i didnt want it exactly how it was on the pack

it stains like crazy, ive never had a dye stain that much
and normally have 10 minutes in the shower my hair runs clear but still after 30 minutes there was still colour in my hair
my towel stained incredibly badly and unfortuntely my skin got a small rash where i have an exposed bump

shade change :(

After several years use of Brilliance 'Violet Vision 85' It has been my experience the shade has changed despite claims on packaging to the contrary. I have had to compensate by adding an inch of blue black to retain the depth on grey roots. Whilst I still love the product 5 tubes of colour later I am convinced the formula is not the same as the original.
Always use Schwarzkopf hair colour products
Change in present favourite.

See all Schwarzkopf Live Brillance reviews

benita r.

benita r.asked

Live Brillance Violet Vision 85

I just dyed my hair with violet vision and it has come out black with hints of red! Um, not exactly what the box says. I do understand some variance in colour to be expected depending on your hair colour...But red black!!?? Have u guys put the right dye in the box? I used to boxes due to long hair, could they both have been wrongly packaged. But then I seen all these other reviews. Why are u still selling this? Does anyone actually get purple? I am a lover of your brand. But this is not good enough. Black/red!!

Botany D.

I recently did a strand test using L’Oreal Colorista Blonde Bleach and the Violet Vision and for the first time ever it actually came out like it was supposed to. Now I never apply it over dark hair as mine use to come out more like a black cherry color.

Jess

Jessasked

Live Brillance Violet Vision 85

Why does this dye actually dye red, and not the colour promised on the box. It seems I'm not the only one to be disappointed in this way.
Jessica

Botany D.

I know how you feel, I wanted blue black but could never see any blue in my hair. And all the purple based shades came out red which annoyed the hell out of me.