Schweigen 900 Undermount

Schweigen 900 Undermount (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: GG-915S1, GG-915SP and GG-915ST

2.7

Yoko

Yoko

Poor no label to denote what brand it is on rangehood we have the island 1600 stainless steel nothin

Poor disappointing rangehood we have the island 1600 stainless Schweigen rangehood. I would not recommend it. When approached the company about my issues it fell on deaf ears they did not want to no.
Our kitchen is all high end European appliances and all items are clearly label brands with the exception of this Schweigen rangehood has no label on it what so ever, could have come from China for all we no. It is also noisy, not as noisy as a cheap $400 model but not a massive difference either. Most certainly is not silent. I would not buy again would do my homework and research more thoroughly next time a real shame cost us an arm and a leg to have this installed also.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

SM4051Brisbane

Excellent!

Maria

MariaMelbourne

Excellent quiet fan

We purchased this fan for above our 5 burner stove. It was easy to install. It is very quiet when running on high. Has good strong lights. Easy to clean (I've just put the thingys in the dishwasher and they came out very clean). The only downside is that the front of it gets a bit yuk as it doesn't pull out to cover the front burners.

Range Hoods

Find out how Schweigen 900 Undermount compares to other Range Hoods

Matt P

Matt PSydney, NSW

The Schweigen sucks - but in a good way!

hillswalker

hillswalkerPerth, WA

Impressive, lives up to its advertising

This rangehood is so quiet on its highest setting that I keep having to check that its working. Got a friend to check for me. Very efficient. LED lights light up the cooktop like an operating theatre. Very happy with this purchase.

Quiet, powerful & easy to clean

disappointed with noise

After reading reviews saying that this range hood was so quiet we were very diappointed as the noise is about the same level as other recirculating models
looks very neat
noisey

Squizzy1

You obviously don't have the external motor model. There is no way you can hear the motors when they are roof mounted.

grahmhw
grahmhw
Squizzy1

Sorry Graham but my experience is nothing like yours. My motor is mounted about 3 meters from the unit and the noise is very low. Yet to install my alfresco unit but will be keen to see the result.

Squizzy1AU

The silent motor concept is a winner.

Have it installed in the kitchen. It looks great, works well and without the jet engine noise.
So impressed have now ordered a twin motor version for the alfresco.
efficient and quiet

flett 01753
flett 01753

Hi Squizzy, do you have the single motor in your kitchen (650 extraction rate), do you find it enough? Thanks flett01753

SpieckAU

Great suction, not silent

Installed in our new home. Chose this as open plan living and hated noise of smeg slim Jim in my previous house. Unit is powerful and efficient. Halogen lighting excellent. Noise level lower than previous smeg range hod but certainly not silent - still have to turn tv up when range hood operating.
Lighting, sleek look, and powerful suction. Great that cooking odours ducted outside house and not ino roof space.
Not quite as noisy.

water777

Hi, are you still happy with your rangehood?

Spieck

Yes, performs well, easy to clean, and hidden away nicely in our very sleek kitchen.

Belinda
Belinda
Range Hoods

Find out how Schweigen 900 Undermount compares to other Range Hoods

bro22

bro22

my kitchen has had a cheap canopy in there for a couple of years...sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
installed this with the help of a cabinet maker friend and i am very very happy.
its quiet and powerful, everything you want from a rangehood.
very quiet!!!!

water777

Are you still happy with the rangehood? I am researching to buy a new rangehood and I'm finding it difficult to find a clear winner.

See all Schweigen 900 Undermount reviews

DD

DDasked

Hello, I have the Schweigen 900 model no HM-900UMS and it has just stopped working. No lights or suction. Like many people it has recently run out of warranty. I was wondering if there is a simple fix? I have a feeling that I will be calling the Schweigen 1800 number on Monday, but thought it may be something simple

Hi DD,

Thank you for your question.

If your rangehood has lost suction, please check that the ducting is still connected to the rangehood outlet and does not have any holes or tears. You can isolate the motor by plugging it into a separate power point to see if the motor works.. If the lights aren't working but the motor is working, it is the computer board that is faulty.

You will need to provide the batch or serial number of the unit, located inside the rangehood when the filters are removed, for us to quote on replacement parts.

Please give us a call on 1300 881 693 option 1 for Service, Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm AEST.

Haley @ Schweigen Home Appliances

RobZ

RobZasked

I have had a Schweigen GG-901 rangehood in our kitchen for 14 months and notice that we still get get quite a lot of cooking smells lingering, even when I have the extraction fan on high. I've checked the ducting to make sure there are no kinks etc (which there aren't, but we do have 1 right angled bend in it to get around roof trusses) and can't work out why it isn't sucking the fumes out better. I washed the filters in our dishwasher this week, so they are clean. When I hold my hand next to the filters when the fan is on high, I can't even feel it drawing any air. When I remove the filters and place my hand next to the fan, I can feel minimal air movement, but not a lot - is this normal?? I was expecting a lot more air movement, given the rating of 1080m3/hr.

Julie
Julie

We have the same problem, for the price, I find this product pretty useless.

Hi RobZ,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear you're not entirely happy with your purchase.
However, this definitely doesn't sound normal, sounds like there could be an installation fault at hand, or even the right angle bend contributing to the lack of suction. Did you use one of our recommended installers to install the unit?

Please call us on 1300 881 693 (option 1 for Service) from 9am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday we'll be able to help. We'll also look into the install for you. Please call us, so we can sort this out for you. Your enjoyment of our products and satisfaction with our service are our top priorities!

I hope we can get this issue resolved ASAP for you.
Haley, Marketing Coordinator @ Schweigen

Wayne

Wayneasked

Super quiet
Ridiculous amount of condensation.
Was installed by a professional to the roof, outside
Dont really think the suction is that great.
So far i am dissapointed as we have an induction and was sold this product to now learn its not recommended for induction due to them heating up so quickly and creating more steam than a gas or electric stove...
Will try to 'warm' the rangehood up which has been suggested to us in the guide book.
Hope this helps the condensation otherwise will be contacting you directly
Regards

Hi Wayne,

Induction cooktops are designed to provide rapid heating and greater heat consistency. Unfortunately, for some customers, condensation can form on the rangehood filters. The immediate and contained heat source produces vapours rapidly. This prevents the filters from gradually warming up and increases the chance of condensation forming. There are many variables that can contribute to the condensation problem associated with induction cooktops and rangehoods. Some of these variables include, but are not limited to:

The Country or State you live in (example, WA versus VIC, and the variables in daily temperatures)
The position of your home and kitchen (morning/afternoon sun)
The quality of pots and cookware you are using
Installation height of rangehood
Rapid heating
Ducting angle
Filter size

It is important to understand that neither the rangehood nor the induction cooktop are faulty. In some circumstances, the combination of the rangehood, the induction cooktop, and the many variables within your home can lead to condensation forming on your rangehood filters.

If you do continue to have issues with condensation, please give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 829 066 (M-F 9am to 5.30pm AEST) and we can organise for a technician to come out and inspect your rangehood and installation.

Haley, Marketing Co-ordinator @ Schweigen

Get an answer from our members and Schweigen representatives