Schweigen Vera (Silent) DS3170S

Schweigen Vera (Silent) DS3170S

MPN: DS3170S1

Great suction and low noise

This is the best appliance that we put in when we replaced our kitchen.

The rangehood has amazing suction and the unit is quiet enough that we actually bother using it - unlike our previous traditional rangehood that we tended not to turn on as it was so loud.

The rangehood was reasonable simple to install. Despite having a roof mounted extraction fan the unit plugged into the same powerpoint in the roof as our previous unit. It did take a bit of work mounting the fan on the roof and re flashing the tiles but this would be simple enough for a handy man to do.

Schweigen service has been great too. I called them to ask where I could buy LED light bulbs for the unit - their reply 'we have them, would you like us to send some out free of charge?' - Wow, we were super impressed!

Highly recommended.

This rangehood "kicks it"

At first I was concerned about the Schweigen "hype" and could I justify the cost. Ours was to be fitted to our island so we needed a Range-hood that would actually work. it needed to draw air from all 4 sides and move a sufficient quantity of air to be effective. These work, Its that simple, I don't believe there's another range hood available that can move 1600M2 of air an hour. In operation "believe the hype", this range-hood is very quiet. I could have purchased a German branded unit for a lot more but as long as the motor is at the filters its going to make a lot more noise and push a lot harder.The Schweigen has the motor on the roof providing near silence in the Kitchen Aussie designed with a powerfull German Built external motor, these are the choice...............if you can afford one. List was just over $3k, I got mine as a factory return for $1650.what a bargain.
Yes these range hoods do justify all the fuss and hype. If you re trying to decide, the performance in my view more than covers the cost. Would I have paid over $3K for one...............Yep that big Geman motor on the roof could be rewound by professional motor rewinders( It's a commercial range hood design that will last many years, then can be repaired)

Great rangehood, So quiite!!!

This rangehood is so good. the best part is it's so quite and yet so powerful. We've got a POWERFUL EXTERNAL MOTOR (ISODRIVE 1600) which sucks out 1600 cubic meters air per hour, but we hardly hear anything. We have a open kitchen and my wife does a lot of stir-fries, it works so well. We don't smell her cooking and don't need to turn up the TV volume any more. Comparing with our old one, it's just so much better!

Cons: the buttons look a little cheap and difficult to clean around edges, should change them to touch buttons.