Scotts Lawn Builder All Purpose

Scotts Lawn Builder All Purpose Questions & Answers

Clayton B.
Clayton B.

Can you use Scotts All Purpose Lawn Builder as a soil preparation for laying turf?

Scotts   DM

Hi Clayton B. Our recommendation is, do not to use Scotts All Purpose Lawn Builder on lawns less than 8 weeks old. Instead, use Scotts Lawn Builder™ Seed & Turf Starter Starter Slow Release Lawn Fertiliser. You can find more information here: external link

george h.
george h.

About two months ago I purchased Scott's Lawn Builder + weed killer to apply to my front lawn as I have always had good results with your product but on reading the instructions on the bag I found that you cant use it on a fescue lawn which I have so what do I use?? plus the fact that I cant use 2.5 l of your product.
Many thanks George

Scotts   DM

Hello George, Thank you for writing. In our opinion, the product is safe to use on your Fescue but we recommend that you test a small area first before a general application throughout your lawn.

If the test applied at the rate recommended on the bag and evenly as directed affects your lawn then please contact the Advice Line asap for further advice and instruction. Our contact details are available here: external link

Kind regards
Evergreen Garden Care (formerly Scotts Australia)

Judy C

I had Palmetto turf laid 1 month ago and have been told by the supplier to fertilize after a month. I have purchased Scott's Lawn Builder Starter slow release lawn fertiliser and being confused I also purchased Scott's Lawn Builder Buffalo slow release fertiliser could you please advise which one I should use. Also can I apply either fertiliser after or during rain, there have not been too many dry days. Thank you Judy

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Judy C for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Can you please contact our official Advice Line on 1800 804 219 during business hours (9am-5pm, AEST) or send us an email through our form here: external link

Judy C

Forget it, you took too long to reply and I had to trust my own judgement. I have fertilised the lawn and so far all looking good

Marlene B.
Marlene B.

This is an excellent product. It does NOT kill the lawn as one customer said- maybe if you put on too much.
Do you ship to New Zealand- I am currently unable to get some here. What will shipping be.
Kind regards
Marlene, Hawera . New Zealand

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Marlene B. for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Mrs M.
Mrs M.

I just used Yates weed n feed (the one you attach to the hose), can I also use Scotts lawn builder at the same time, or should I wait?? I have blue couch and live in Qld

Andrew

Read the instructions on the back of the packet, I suspect that it will instruct you to wait.

Even if there are no specific instructions regarding this, my guess would be that waiting 2 weeks would be wise.

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Mrs M. for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Brian M
Brian M

Can lawn builder be used as general fertiliser

Andrew

Do you mean on flowers / trees? I would guess that the answer would be no.

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Brian M for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Mary M.

How often should I use lawn builder on my lawn I used it last week after the army grub went through my lawn and the beetle as well I’m just wanting to know how often I can use it

Andrew

You could use it once per month, but I wouldn't really recommend that often. A more reasonable time period would be once per season / 3 months

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Mary M. for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Mary M.

How often should I use lawn builder

Once every 3 months seems to be a good number

Kerry
Kerry

Do you put it on before or after mowing

Andrew

If you are using a catcher, then fertilize after mowing. If you are not using a catcher then it doesn't matter.

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Kerry for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Macca
Macca

Hi there, I have been purchasing 'Scotts Buffallo' lawn builder and the 'Scotts All Purpose' lawn builder for around five years now; typically, I buy 2 X 15 Kg bags of the Buffalo (blue bag) and 1 X 15 Kg All Purpose (green bag) two to three times a year. I spread out three bags a couple of days ago and I purchased another three bags from Bunnings yesterday. I note on the bag that it says for best results, apply on moist grass and then leave it for around 24 hours before giving it a good drenching. Is the 24 hour delay recommended to maximise the weed killing potential of the product ? or is there another reason ? Like Hadron I like to give the turf a light watering after application as I find that there is less set back on the established lawn.

Andrew

The one that requires the grass to be moist is the Scotts Lawn Builder + Weedkill. This review is not about the Weedkill type.

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Macca for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Yiota
Yiota

I applied Scotts lawn fertiliser all purpose and my lawn is greener and healthier but I did so in Start of July - when do I wait to reapply - can I apply early September spring in the areas that are more patchy and grass is just starting to grow or should I wait till end of september (3 months time)

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Yiota for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Caz
Caz

I have fertilised my lawn a week ago, can I now apply Scotts lawn thickener, or do I have to wait.

Gary_NSW
Gary_NSW

Hello,

Highly recommend trying the Munn’s range. Based on your lawn variety they have all the options and advice. Their website has the family of lawn experts there to help. I use the Buffalo Booster and it’s the BEST. I had lawn envy from the neighbours last year

Scotts   DM

Hello and many thanks Caz for taking the time to write your question to us, Just to let you know, ProductReview.com.au is not our official website for customer questions and the reason why it may have been missed your message. Our Customer Care team would like to assist with your issue immediately.

Evergreen Garden Care Team

Get an answer from our members and Scotts representatives