ScreenAway Blinds

See the Best Blind & Shutter Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ScreenAway Blinds

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (15)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (15)

TrevorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Retractable string broke

Under 2 years and we have a broken string in the retraction part. Seems very flimsy and worried others will go. Call out $120 and then $90 per hour. Warranty only 1 year.

Trevor

Ok I’ve sent a message as suggested

John
JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Installation of blockout blinds

The blinds are a great product and as a shift worker, are great for darkening a room. The process was seamless with a possible streamline. We had a different installer to the check measure. If our installer had done the measure he would have known of specific issues regarding our windows eg ability to remove and put in fly screens, have offered alternatives to improve the overall look of the frames. The installer did a great job overcoming a few issues. Certainly recommend them regardless and product is great.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, John; we appreciate your review.

Kezza260
Kezza260Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great blinds

The blinds are great. We just had a service on one that wasn't working and I couldn't fault the person fixing the blind. It took a while for the company to get in touch with me to organise the call out and the price was a bit excessive.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, Kezza! we appreciate your review.

Sara B
Sara BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love the blinds. Follow up customer service needs work.

The purchase and sale process was smooth and I love the blinds now they're installed. Follow up before the install was lacking and resulted in having to wait 9 weeks, not 6 weeks. Great quality, definitely blackout.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, Sara!

JB Pea
JB PeaPerth, WA

Poor after purchase service

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

We are very sorry that this has been your experience and we would like to investigate this matter further for you. Can you send your best contact and order number to production@screenaway.com.au? Kind Regards.

Problems prior to overdue installation.

Ashleigh
AshleighPerth, WA

Check your invoice!

When I purchased three blinds for the bay window in my master bedroom screen away had a no installation fee running. I wasn’t home when they fitted my blind and my hubby called and asked me to pay the invoice before they left the house that day. I did. A few weeks later they sent the invoice to me and a cost of $249.99 was included for installation. When I called to query it they assured me even though it said this on my invoice I wasn’t charged for it...except I was. The invoice was itemised and I paid the total amount, this includes the install cost. Be wary.

Hi,
We are very sorry that this has been your experience and a national manager would like to discuss this with you further.
Kind Regards,

Very happy with the customer service and product

I’ve had Screenaway installed in two bedrooms in the house. It’s is definitely effective at blocking out the light! It’s the only internal blind product I’ve found with zero light bleed around the edges - pretty impressive.
Their customer service has been good also - Zoey has been incredibly friendly, proactive and helpful.
Only concern to note is that the screens are not secured into the track down the side, so a strong draft can cause our screens to pop out of their track. This means the screens are not useable for us on windy days, even with the windows fully closed. It’s a limitation in the product that I think they could have warned us about. I will be trying to have the draft sealed and see how it goes after that.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Hi Jeff, thank you for your positive feedback we really appreciate it :)

Disappointed

I’ve had a bad experience with these blinds. Took a long time to get installed, over two months and after two weeks in they broke by coming off the rails. They are very expensive and the quality was worth it. All the people I dealt with however were very friendly, the product was just disappointing.

Hi,
Kind Regards,

ShaeK
ShaeKMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

True blackout blinds! But beware of 'hidden' costs (SA)

We LOVE our ScreenAway blinds. They are totally black out and look really modern and sleek.
Our installer Adam was fantastic. He made sure every blind was perfect and always kept us informed about what he was doing and how. However, be aware that they can charge you for 'pull sticks' which we were not made aware of, and their 'check measure' appointments are also an additional cost of around $55, again which was not disclosed. We only noticed it because we checked our invoice. Otherwise, the blinds are great and customer service with Mel was so easy and was always happy to help. (Adelaide, SA)

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, ShaeK!

James
JamesPerth, WA

Game Changing.....

These blinds are amazing , turns day into night...just like that !!!! My little man sleeps 2 hours flat at lunchtime...game changing
You just need to be gentle with the up and down....

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, James!

Sesh
SeshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good blinds and excellent outcome

Excellent prodict that suited my needs . The customer service, initial consultation, installation went well and i can say it is total block out indeed! Definitely recommend for anyone preferring total block out and yes there is a learning in how to pull it up and down - but it works like it should :-).

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, Sesh!

Michelle
MichelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Kids sleep easy

Very happy with the blinds installed in all our kids rooms especially with daylight savings. Blocks out the light as it’s supposed to. Easy to pull down and they look great. On the odd occasion the blind has come out of the track but they are easy enough to put back in.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, Michelle!

Great product.

Very happy, does what it says. Customer service was excellent. The person that came out to quote was on time, helpful and not pushy. Installer was also great and arrived in time.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, Joe!

Cheryl
CherylSouth Australia

Love it

My original installation was not perfect, Product was fine so another installer (original owner) was sent to fixed it, he did a great job and I’m now happy with Screenaway

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway BlindsSend a private message

Thank you very much, Cheryl!