Listing monitored by ScreenAway Blinds

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (23)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (22)

Very average blinds. Do not get with small children!!

The blinds are flimsy and the runners feel like they are always about to come out. I was instructed you can only lift up and down from the middle. Crazy really. Also don’t have them slightly down as wind can also pop them out. My daughter pressed a corner and it came right out. The blinds do block out the light but they won’t last. I would look elsewhere.

Sara B
Sara BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love the blinds. Follow up customer service needs work.

The purchase and sale process was smooth and I love the blinds now they're installed. Follow up before the install was lacking and resulted in having to wait 9 weeks, not 6 weeks. Great quality, definitely blackout.

Victor
VictorWestern Australia

These guys are a BIG SCAM

These guys are a BIG SCAM.

They take your advance and then threaten you to pay penalties for things that you don't even know. They don't even have a office or a showroom for their product. They come to you with some samples which aren't manufactured by them and provide a very minimal quote to get the advance.

The trail
The trailMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Retractable fly screens

Had these installed in sliding windows, they can only be opened from outside. One screen began to buckle as I opened it . Sales should have told me these are not really suitable for sliding windows. Product is flimsy . Considering how expensive they are at more than $500 per average size windows i would have expected a more robust product. Actual fly mesh pops out frequently

Find out how ScreenAway Blinds compares to other Blind & Shutter Shops

Didn’t get past the front door!

I was quite prepared to purchase but sales kept asking me if I’m married,who owned the house and what my husbands name was even after I told her those questions weren’t appropriate. You lost a sale with your rudeness.

Be wary of this company

Frank
Frank

Great for block out but that's it

Had these installed a year ago. Great for block out for sleeping but that's it. No good if you have evaporative air conditioning as the windows need to be slightly open for air flow and the blinds are sucked out of their tracks so you cant have the blinds down on a hot night so that defeats the purpose of having block out blinds. No no-one informed us of this issue. Slight breeze and they come out their track. they are very flimsy. Don't let children operate them because of the blinds flimsy nature.

Michele

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Problems prior to overdue installation.

S Thompson
S ThompsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extreme waste of money

Looked an amazing product on the video.
What a shock, blinds constantly blow off the rail.
The installer said there was a slight draft coming in the window so applied. Black sealer foam. Was not informed this would make the blinds pop off.
Recent inspection which I was going to be charged for, but refused… the solution was removing the bottom bar and to leave the blinds open by 10mm-14mm, defeating the blockout at they said they provide.
Find a better company that cares about their customers concerns and doesn’t leave them to solve the issue.

Ashleigh
AshleighPerth, WA

Check your invoice!

When I purchased three blinds for the bay window in my master bedroom screen away had a no installation fee running. I wasn’t home when they fitted my blind and my hubby called and asked me to pay the invoice before they left the house that day. I did. A few weeks later they sent the invoice to me and a cost of $249.99 was included for installation. When I called to query it they assured me even though it said this on my invoice I wasn’t charged for it...except I was. The invoice was itemised and I paid the total amount, this includes the install cost. Be wary.

Munruben
MunrubenSouth East Queensland, QLD

One of the worst customer experiences I have ever had.

Theresa C.
Theresa C.Perth, WA

Prepare to be disappointed. Terrible, terrible after sales service.

Had 3 blinds installed about 3 years ago. The largest blind had issues coming out of its track from Day 1. Every time we’ve tried to get it looked at or repaired it has been a painful, drawn out experience with slow response times.
In the past few weeks the blind has become unopenable, getting stuck at 30cm and crumpling even to get it that far. Have been struggling to get anyone to call us back for weeks despite multiple attempts at contacting Screen Away.

D and D
D and D

Not fitted correctly - Multiple calls & visits to fix has not been successful

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Very happy with the customer service and product

I’ve had Screenaway installed in two bedrooms in the house. It’s is definitely effective at blocking out the light! It’s the only internal blind product I’ve found with zero light bleed around the edges - pretty impressive.
Their customer service has been good also - Zoey has been incredibly friendly, proactive and helpful.
Only concern to note is that the screens are not secured into the track down the side, so a strong draft can cause our screens to pop out of their track. This means the screens are not useable for us on windy days, even with the windows fully closed. It’s a limitation in the product that I think they could have warned us about. I will be trying to have the draft sealed and see how it goes after that.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway Blinds

Hi Jeff, thank you for your positive feedback we really appreciate it :)

Ben
Ben

Couldn’t even turn up on time for a quote !

Had a quote lined up for a quote. And I get a call half an hour late to try to organise later in the afternoon.

I base my purchases on customer service especially punctuality . If you can’t turn up on time within 5-10mines either side you don’t deserve my money!