ScreenAway Blinds

See the Best Blind & Shutter Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ScreenAway Blinds

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (29)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (27)

John
JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Installation of blockout blinds

The blinds are a great product and as a shift worker, are great for darkening a room. The process was seamless with a possible streamline. We had a different installer to the check measure. If our installer had done the measure he would have known of specific issues regarding our windows eg ability to remove and put in fly screens, have offered alternatives to improve the overall look of the frames. The installer did a great job overcoming a few issues. Certainly recommend them regardless and product is great.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway Blinds

Thank you very much, John; we appreciate your review.

Kezza260
Kezza260Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great blinds

The blinds are great. We just had a service on one that wasn't working and I couldn't fault the person fixing the blind. It took a while for the company to get in touch with me to organise the call out and the price was a bit excessive.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway Blinds

Thank you very much, Kezza! we appreciate your review.

pony2006
pony2006South East Queensland, QLD

Great idea, buts lots of quality control issues

We installed the Screenaway Blinds in 2019 in 4 bedrooms. The main bedroom has 3 large blinds and all of them are faulty and have ongoing issues. Springs keep breaking in all the blinds and we have repairman from Screenaway here very often. Most of the time, the main bedroom blinds don't work anyway.

Now they want call out cost on a very dodgy product.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway Blinds

Are you able to send your best contact number and order number to production@screenaway.com.au?
Kind Regards.

Very average blinds. Do not get with small children!!

The blinds are flimsy and the runners feel like they are always about to come out. I was instructed you can only lift up and down from the middle. Crazy really. Also don’t have them slightly down as wind can also pop them out. My daughter pressed a corner and it came right out. The blinds do block out the light but they won’t last. I would look elsewhere.

Hi,
We are very sorry that this has been your experience and a national manager would like to discuss this with you further.
Kind Regards,

LPP
LPP

Ok

Sara B
Sara BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love the blinds. Follow up customer service needs work.

The purchase and sale process was smooth and I love the blinds now they're installed. Follow up before the install was lacking and resulted in having to wait 9 weeks, not 6 weeks. Great quality, definitely blackout.

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway Blinds

Thank you very much, Sara!

Victor
VictorWestern Australia

These guys are a BIG SCAM

These guys are a BIG SCAM.

They take your advance and then threaten you to pay penalties for things that you don't even know. They don't even have a office or a showroom for their product. They come to you with some samples which aren't manufactured by them and provide a very minimal quote to get the advance.

The trail
The trailMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Retractable fly screens

Had these installed in sliding windows, they can only be opened from outside. One screen began to buckle as I opened it . Sales should have told me these are not really suitable for sliding windows. Product is flimsy . Considering how expensive they are at more than $500 per average size windows i would have expected a more robust product. Actual fly mesh pops out frequently

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway Blinds

We are very sorry that this has been your experience and we would like to investigate this matter further for you. Can you send your best contact and order number to production@screenaway.com.au? Kind Regards.

Didn’t get past the front door!

I was quite prepared to purchase but sales kept asking me if I’m married,who owned the house and what my husbands name was even after I told her those questions weren’t appropriate. You lost a sale with your rudeness.

JB Pea
JB PeaPerth, WA

Poor after purchase service

Be wary of this company

Frank
Frank

Great for block out but that's it

Had these installed a year ago. Great for block out for sleeping but that's it. No good if you have evaporative air conditioning as the windows need to be slightly open for air flow and the blinds are sucked out of their tracks so you cant have the blinds down on a hot night so that defeats the purpose of having block out blinds. No no-one informed us of this issue. Slight breeze and they come out their track. they are very flimsy. Don't let children operate them because of the blinds flimsy nature.

Michele

ScreenAway AustraliaScreenAway Blinds

Problems prior to overdue installation.

S Thompson
S ThompsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extreme waste of money

Looked an amazing product on the video.
What a shock, blinds constantly blow off the rail.
The installer said there was a slight draft coming in the window so applied. Black sealer foam. Was not informed this would make the blinds pop off.
Recent inspection which I was going to be charged for, but refused… the solution was removing the bottom bar and to leave the blinds open by 10mm-14mm, defeating the blockout at they said they provide.
Find a better company that cares about their customers concerns and doesn’t leave them to solve the issue.

Ashleigh
AshleighPerth, WA

Check your invoice!

When I purchased three blinds for the bay window in my master bedroom screen away had a no installation fee running. I wasn’t home when they fitted my blind and my hubby called and asked me to pay the invoice before they left the house that day. I did. A few weeks later they sent the invoice to me and a cost of $249.99 was included for installation. When I called to query it they assured me even though it said this on my invoice I wasn’t charged for it...except I was. The invoice was itemised and I paid the total amount, this includes the install cost. Be wary.

Hi,
Kind Regards,

MunrubenSouth East Queensland, QLD

One of the worst customer experiences I have ever had.