Sealy Optimum

Listing monitored by Sealy

1.0
  • Sleeping Position
  • Adjustment Period
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (1) · No (1)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (2) · No
  • Heat Retention Yes (1) · No (1)
  • Sagging Yes (2) · No (0)
  • Perceived Firmness
Kylie Foxall
Kylie FoxallSydney, NSW

The most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on

I bought this mattress from David Jones, within a week of it being delivered I contacted David Jones and Sealy to explain how uncomfortable it was. I woke every day in pain. We had spent so much money on these mattresses and each night I dreaded going to bed.
Both David Jones and Sealy advised that it would take some time to get used to. We have given it a nearly a year (after spending $6,800 for this bed we cannot afford another) and now I have a chiropractor’s bill to add to the price we paid for the mattresses.
There is no getting used to these sinking uncomfortable pieces of foam. There is no way to stop the aching body I wake with each morning. I’m devastated, I hope Sealy will reach out to me with a solution.

Purchased in at David Jones Retail Stores.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Sleeping PositionSide
  • Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Sealy A.SealySend a private message
Jo.
Jo.Sydney, NSW

absolutely dreadful

We bought this mattress from David Jones 15 months ago. I explained that I needed a supportive but soft bed due to my hip and back problems. The sales rep assured us that this would be the best bed for us. I can't tell you how bad it is. I've had constant back problems since. The mattress does not support your body and somehow contorts it. It develops a deep hole while sleeping which makes it difficult to move around and my whole body is now out of alignment. We rotate that mattress every few weeks as recommended but still no good. I spoke with David Jones a few months after purchase and they said there's nothing we can do. Having seen this review today I'm hoping Sealy may come back with some kind of response.

Purchased in at David Jones.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Sleeping PositionSide
  • Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes
  • Caused Discomfort Yes
  • Heat Retention No
  • Sagging Yes
  • Perceived Firmness Soft
Sealy
Sealy A.SealySend a private message

Hi Jo,
Thank you for your feedback. We have sent you a direct message, in order to assist escalating your concern.
Best wishes,