Sealy Posturepedic Palais

Sealy Posturepedic Palais

Amazing Mattress - shame about the smell of glue when new!

We've only slept on this mattress for a week, but it's comfortable, not too bouncy, great for side sleepers.
Wool & Silk top apparently.
The sales person from Sealy was amazing, helpful and personal, she texted to confirm our delivery date well in advance and again closer to the day. She was really honest about the considerations.
The only criticism so far is it really smell awful when it arrived, apparently the "new mattress" smell.
It was the smell of contact adhesive. It would have given anyone a head ache.
I was advised to air it for a couple of days and when after 4 days the smell was no better, I was advised by Sealy to sprinkle bicarb on it 2 or 3 times, then hoover it off! I did this for a week and also tried heating the room, candles and an electric blanket. After about 10 days it was bearable but still smelt of glue but hey, we we're sick an tired of sleeping on the floor!
It would have been great to know this before to allow for an alternative. Also spending this kind of money you'd expect the supplier to deal with the smell before delivery.
I personally think it was a really wet couple of weeks in Sydney when our mattress was being rushed out for the EOFY sale orders and the factory must have not allowed enough drying time.
For this reason I wouldn't recommend the premium Sealy mattresses and probably won't buy another one.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are surprised to hear about the smell you are mentioning. Generally our beds don't have a strong glue smell and haven't really received that feedback from other customers - email customercare@sealy.com.au. Could you please reach out to our customer care department if you feel the smell is over powering for you? Thanks SealyI called Sealy customer care who adivsed I should sprinkle with bicarb then hoover off every day until the smell goes away and that it might take a week! Hence my revoiew, I think this is something potential buyers need to be aware off if only to keep their old mattress to sleeep on for a week. Also Customer Care is not open on the weekend when I receieved my delivery. I googled this on your website and found nothing about bicarb. I googled this generally and read all about the glues used in manufacture. I have had headaches from contact adhesives in the past due to working with neoprene so I am sensitive. Either way this was my 3rd Sealy mattress and I 100 times more smelly than the last 2... hence my thoughts that perhaps the extremely wet weeks in Sydney and the EOFY sale orders may have had the factoy putting beds together where the glue wasn't dry...

Finally we went into slumberland

We have struggled for years to find a bed that suits our needs and finally our prayers have been answered. My wife and I have both suffered with physical pain and to get out of bed in the morning without it is truly a blessing. This bed is very comfortable and supportive in every way so much so we look forward to retiring for the night. We enjoy the height of the bed and the plush quality and appearance of the bed. That is why we chose Sealy and should have done many years ago. Maria the sales person at Myer, Tea tree Plaza, Modbury. SA was absolutely brilliant with product knowledge and customer service.

Hi Graeme and Denise, thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience with your new Sealy Posturepedic Palais. We are glad to hear that you are now enjoying a quality night's sleep. We will also pass on your feedback to Maria. Kind regards, Sealy

As per Expectations

Very comfortable, takes to your body profile on your back or side.
Warm and comfortable sleep, wake up with no pain if I sleep on my back
It would have been good if it was thinner and lighter
It is less than 2 months since we had it, so far so good.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Anna, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so happy that you have found the right bed for your needs. Thanks Sealy