Streets Golden Gaytime

Streets Golden Gaytime (page 3 of 3)

Lorraine

LorraineNSW

A favourite from my childhood.

I remember the first Golden Gaytime I had as a kid blew me away with how good it tasted! After that, it became a regular thing between my sister and I to hop off the schoolbus and visit the cornershop on our way home. They were a great treat after a hot day at school!

Smallus

Smallus

Bad value for money, half its original size...why bother!!

Golden Gaytimes were a regular treat at highschool lunch & then regularly since. Having not indulged the last few years or so, I was in for a shock.

The very much reduced size means that they melt more quickly & I believe this accounts for the outer biscuit crumb coating being soggy immediately out of the freezer.

GGs are no longer good value...will never buy again

FOOD REVIEWS

FOOD REVIEWS

Something new

They are very nice and different from the normal ice cream flavors which is really nice and different so more people are picking it up. They cant seem to get it right though with the outside being either crunchy or soft plz fix maybe do it in between the two.

Rick R

Rick RSydney

Always my first choice

Most yummy ice cream ever with a very unusual name. Is my first choice whenever I buy an ice cream...

Amy

AmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lack of crunch

Gaytime is suppose to be crunchy outside but its soft very disappointing. Without that crunch it's just not the same Golden Gaytime. Flavor wise it's ok.

Crunchy biscuit

Sorry to say Australia's favourite ice cream has changed! The biscuit is really crunchy not soft and it had a sparse coating. I tried the chocolate Gaytime and it was disappointing... Please bring back the old recipe, lots of biscuit that is soft and chewy! Yum (if it ain't broke don't fix it!?!)

Less Biscuit On Outer

I recently eaten a Golden Gaytime and noticed there was less biscuit on the outer of the ice cream block. I remember it used to be very thick and chunky coated biscuit, not anymore, too stingy these companies.

Why is it changed

I don't know if anyone's noticed but there's more vanilla it never used to have that much vanilla I used to enjoy it very much I don't like vanilla

James

JamesKL

Great ice cream - interesting name.

I had a few of these when I was in Australia. More than I should have. Sadly, we can't get these where I come from. I don't usually enjoy pre-packaged supermarket-type ice creams but this was something better than the usual.
The taste will remind me of Australia. It's a combination of vanilla and caramel in a soft cream with a nice little toffee-flavoured bits coating the outside.
The name is unique. Friend tells me that this has a cult following - I understand why. I'll have to be back for more.
Delicious, inexpensive.

The best!

I love these ice creams, I have one every Saturday night as part of my cheat meal, sometimes with a magnum, but it's the gaytime I like the best. The mix of flavours and biscuit coating is impossible to beat! They aren't too sweet, just the right mix of sweetness and coating.
Taste fantastic!

passion

passionAU

Irresistable

I love Streets Golden Gaytime icecreams. They have vanilla icecream then a layer of toffee icecream then some chocolate and then, best of all a generous coating of biscuit crumbs. I love this combination and find them very filling. The down side is that they are very sweet and not so good for the weight concious.
The taste and the crunch on the outside
Calories

Jillpullen

Jillpullen

Nice ice cream

This is a soft and smooth icecream with a chocolate coating on the outside covered which is then covered with crunchy biscuits. I don't think it tastes as good as other ice creams I have tried, but it does have a unique taste that is enjoyed by all of my family. One of the downfalls of this ice cream is that
the crumble on the outside can fall off in large chunks when you are eating it.
Overall I think it is an average icecream that has been around for many years and is made by a reputable company.
Good price
the crumble on the outside can fall off in large chunks

chezryl

chezrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love a Golden Gaytime and all the jokes that come along with it. I think these days they are getting a bit dated though (the jokes that is). They are just delicious in flavour and texture. I just adore these iceblocks. This would be one of my top choices in icream treats and has been for a number of years. They are in the mid range priced iceblocks and are great if you want something a little different to just plain icecream.
So very, very tasty. Perfect combination of flavours and love the biscuit crumbs against the creamy icecream.
Have they become smaller over the years or have I just become bigger?

simm_mee

simm_meevic, 3020

OK

an average icecream that has been around for years and is made by a reputable company. has a unique flavour and texture yet that is very enjoyable to eat
a soft and smooth inner icecream with chocolate coating thin on the outside covered with a crunchy biscuit base. i dotn think thye taste as good as when i was younger although they do have a unique taste that is enjoyed by all family members here young and old, made by a reputable company
for some reason i think now as ive gotten older they have become not so exciting. i do find the biscuit kind of crumbles at times and falls off when you are eating it

Emma L
Emma L

Is it possible that as you've gotten older YOU'VE become not so exciting?

lil_lazza

lil_lazza

Great ice cream has been around for years and it is still great quality. The size is smaller and the price is higher but thats just like everything. You cant beat a gaytime
Yum! This is the greatest icecream in the world. The honey comb icecream is so creamy, and the biscuit crumbs are great.
They use to be alot larger and cheaper! The biscuit crumbs used to be chrunchier.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

This is a different ice cream with a lot of fun and tasty flavours inside. Its not boring and its pretty tasty. I like the crunch and the biscuit tastes good. You do have a really gaytime after you eat this ice cream because its really yummy and fills me up too.
This is a tasty and unique ice cream to have and enjoy on a hot day. Its got a good crunch and isnt too sweet. It is expensive unless you find it on special. It is an occasional treat because it is a big sized ice cream.
If there was a version with less sugar, that would be great.

butterflykiss

butterflykiss

The Golden Gaytime is an all time favourite in my household. It isnt too rich and has a different flavour to anything else on the market, its crunchy and creamy at the same time. It can be a little pricey to buy on its own, so why not buy a multi-pack! If you havent tried it, you dont know what your missing out on....
Simply delicious. Like nothing else on the market
Nothing much. Biscuit can be a little soggy if they arent fresh. More expensive than some

See all Streets Golden Gaytime reviews