Streets Magnum Classic

Streets Magnum Classic (page 4 of 4)

See the Best Ice Creams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Streets? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

APB
APBHolloways Beach

Why, Why, Why.

We have been buying Magnum Classic ice cream for years ( I am 68). The Magnum was an "adult" ice cream with thick dark chocolate and creamy icecream and neither was too sweet. Now the chocolate is too thin and sweet, and the icecream has lost its creamy richness. We can't buy this product again until the original recipe is re launched.

Michael S
Michael SHobart

Simply disgraceful

I never write reviews but I had an almond magnum tonight as a treat. Magnum used to be the best ice cream on the market. Sadly, things have changed for the worse. They have no taste, no creamy texture and are loaded with sugar. The chocolate is too sweet, the ice cream lacks flavour and as for the almonds, well I think I counted 5 small shavings of almond. I won’t be going back for seconds. Connessuers for me in future.

Joey
JoeySydney

No flavour

Looked forward to trying this ice cream,
Very disappointing, no flavour, outer casing of ? White chocolate hard and unappealing, inner case had the same innocuous flavour, not worth the reduced price!

Michael brill
Michael brillHuddersfield

.... Not a magnum, it's a joke!

Smaller, the chocolate which used to be the highlight has been changed into a overly sweet nasty cheap chocolate and they're still cheeky enough to try and charge the same price

So disappointed

Yuck. I remember exactly what magnum ice cream used to taste like and this isn't it. I couldn't even finish it, not worth the calories on cheap ingredients.

Meredith
Meredith

Nothing Magnum about Magnums

Bought them a few times lately- each time hoping it was my imagination they were smaller, and the chocolate was thinner- I used to love chipping away at the thick chocolate and almond coating- now it’s so thin it falls off in one brittle piece and and the ice- cream is gone in a couple of mouthfuls. I’m so very disappointed - I thought it might have been a mistake - but no! Looks like I’m on the lookout for a new favourite- thanks for spoiling a good thing greedy Streets!

Magnums all varieties have gone downhill fast

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
wyful
wyfuladelaide

Greedy so and so's

i despise the blatant rip-off by reduction in size etc. profit driven greed and deceptive in my opinion
Bring on the good old GOLDEN NORTH brand ice cream
Streets have lost me completely now

Very Disappointed

I recently bought a couple boxes of Magnum bars. What happened? I haven't had one for over a year. They have shrunk, the chocolate coating is thinner and I won't be buying them ever again. They used to be magnificent, Not any more and no longer my favourite ice cream bar. Why why why???

Muz
MuzANNERLEY

Sad

Smaller, Poor Quality Ice Cream and a dead set sour taste of disappointment left on my taste buds. Seriously all the fun taken out of it when you can easily knock one back in less than 30 sec. Wake up to yourself streets and bring back the Magnum Biff.

NeilW
NeilWSouthern and Hills, SA

Smaller with that Ripped-Off Taste

I thought Magnums were way smaller now than when I first tried one years ago and I'm correct. I feel totally ripped-off with every bite taken. Now they are less of a Magnum hit, heading more towards a pellet or bb hit. For those of us who once loved the size and experience, it's now deceptively smaller and not at all satisfying. Will not be buying again - ever! I'd rather buy a tub of Golden North Icecream and have a full, creamy, real big icecream experience you won't get with a Magnum anymore. Companies need to get the message and the only message they usually hear and take notice of is the one attached to sales.

The King no more

It's sad to see an old friend decline. This was undeniably a great ice cream but over the last 5 years it has gone downhill in a big way. Compared to the Magnum I remember, the one I had today was a lot smaller and the chocolate is way thinner and not at the same quality. Cost cutting will hurt this brand, and I miss the old Magnum.

Steve
SteveOrange

Sad sad sad

The magnum......my wife and I just had the ego, I commented.....did you just find that the ice-cream was crystalline and way less creamy? My wife responded.....YES! What on earth has happened to our once favourite ice-cream. whichever executive suggested they take their most reverred product and trash it's reputation should be shown the door. Sad, sad, sad.

Ripped off.

I had not had a magnum for over a year and recently bought one....what a disappointment. It was so small! And the chocolate was thinner and the ice cream was not as creamy. I won't be wasting my money again. You're better buying a tub of premium ice cream and quality chocolate and having that at home.

Magnums are terrible

What happened Streets? Your Magnums are now cheap and nasty. After so many years of enjoying them, I refuse to buy them anymore. Horrible icecream and dismal chocolate.

melanie2
melanie2Sydney, NSW

NOT THE SAME ANYMORE

I agree with most people on this page that Magnums have shrunk and the ice cream is no longer creamy and decadent or chocolate as thick and cracking. Very disappointing. In the wrapper it said magnum celebrating 25 years - this is not a celebration or triumph sorry - to replace what was once great with something mediocre. Bring back the original please.

Nothing special about magnums anymore

Magnums used to be the tastiest, biggest ice creams. Now they've shrunk by half the size - that's half the ice cream and half the chocolate. The taste has changed too and they're not the tasty magnums we grew up with. So now they're an expensive, mediocre ice cream with nothing special about them. Might as well buy the home brand, or better yet, the Aldi brand - they're bigger, cheaper and actually taste better!

Kass
KassSydney

A special icecream ruined

I used to love Magnums for a special treat. First the Belgian chocolate was replaced, now they are child sized with a thin layer of chocolate so no more Magnums for me.

Thinner chocolate, smaller ice cream, not as creamy!

Was once my favourite ice cream, now I feel ripped off. The product is smaller with a thinner chocolate shell, as a consumer I feel ripped off. Not the magnums I remember.

julie
julienewcastle

Smaller and thinner

I used to love the magnum but had one last night and I am sure it is smaller and the chocolate definitely thinner. used to be able to crack lovely thick pieces of chocolate coating off but it is so much thinner now. I would love the triple treat brought back (if anyone else remembers them).

Jenny
JennySydney

What have you done to the Classic Magnum? - it's dreadful!

This used to be our favourite ice-cream, however, the latest pack of Classic Magnums we bought are appalling. Not only have they shrunk considerably in size, the chocolate coating is thinner, and the ice-cream is no longer creamy. How stingy can Streets get - you've ruined a great ice-cream... it would have just been better just to increase the price and keep the quality.
As regular buyers we will now be looking elsewhere for a replacement, and probably spend the money on a good gourmet ice-cream... it is very disappointing.

pinkyy
pinkyySydney

OK

It's so yummy and creamy. When you bite into it you first get the crunchy chocolate, followed by the creaminess of the vanilla inside- its a great combination. Basically, it tastes fantastic but is by no means value for money.
Its the ice cream 'to die for'
They're really expensive in bulk or single and its not very big in size. The kj intake is pretty high for such a small ice cream. The stick is too short so most of the time you get chocolate on your hands and there's always this tiny bit of chocolate that sticks 3/4 of the way down and is impossible to bite off.