Streets Magnum Classic

Streets Magnum Classic (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Ice Creams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Streets? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mo S.
Mo S.Sydney, NSW

Ice Not-Cream

This not ice cream. It is frozen milk. Even the flavour has gone. You can actually sense the icy particles of milk crunch between your teeth. You can’t even taste the vanilla flavour. Wow. Magnum was the absolute family favourite for many years, but I definitely won’t be buying it again. Wow. Terrible. No wonder it’s constantly on special.

Kevin R
Kevin RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Minim Magnums are terrible - ice cream tastes horrible!

Sadly, the taste of the ice cream is no longer smooth and creamy. I highly recommend you should buy other brands and varieties, if you're looking for a great ice-cream. Sad to taste the difference Streets!

Barbara.B
Barbara.BCanberra 2600, ACT

Mini magnums.

What has happened to your mini magnums? The ice cream tastes terrible. Watered down and icy. Tastes like cheap cheap ice cream. So disappointed and won't be buying again. Why change recipe?

Shrinking airbrushed stinkers

Usually satisfied by eating 1 Magnum in the years leading towards 2019, my poor brother Nick had to eat 4 to get the same enjoyment. Streets, make magnums great again.

Mja
MjaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Size is bad

Been buying magnums, but no more the flavour is bad the size just keeps shrinking no wonder they are on sale, they decrease the size then offer them as cheaper.

Cookie
CookieCamperdown

It could just as well be a Choc Ice from the 80s!

Emphasis on the ‘ice’! With chocolate bars getting smaller every year, giant Freddos resembling the size of an original Freddo, and containers of our favourite treats containing less and less of said treats with some tricky packaging ploys to hide the ruse until it’s too late. 2018 has brought with it the same treatment to our Magnum - crappy compound chocolate and tasteless icey ice-cream fluffed up with air. I will not be buying another.

Pollywol
PollywolEyre Peninsula, SA

No Flavour??

What has happened to these Mini Magnum ice creams?
They now have absolutely no flavour, neither the chocolate or the icecream. Just taste cheap and nasty. Also no lovely almond crunch. Will not buy them anymyore.
Very disappointing feel ripped off.

The decline of a classic.

I knew I wasn’t imagining things. These ice creams have gone far from what they once were. Gone is the quality Belgian chocolate and creamy centre of the original magnum and now it’s cheap and nasty tasting. Why? . Very sad that companies cut corners but you can’t fool peoples tastebuds. Will find a better tasting replacement.

Other Ice Creams

Why change what isn't broken??

My son loves to have his vanilla magnum every night. Not any more!! The bars are smaller, the chocolate thinner which makes it break off in small pieces and the vanilla ice cream, no where near as creamy as usual and has a very distinct 'coffee' flavour. He doesn't like them at all. Very sad!

Find out how Streets Magnum Classic compares to other Ice Creams

Terrible quality, not what it used to be

We have been long term fans of Magnums and Mini Magnums. Tonight I couldn’t even finish my Mini Almond Magnum - terrible quality and not worth the calories! Icy watery ice cream (not creamy at all like it used to be) and sickly sweet chocolate that falls apart instantly. Won’t be buying again, totally a waste of money.

Salted Vanilla - so gross

The chocolate is as good as you'd expect, but the icecream is borderline inedible. Salted caramel is one of my favourites, but salted Vanilla makes it taste like it's *from* Johnny, rather than *by* Johnny.

phdo
phdoSydney, NSW

fake ice cream

Progressively Streets no longer make a proper ice-cream. Haven't bought a magnum for a while but this time the so called 'ice cream' has no body to it and seems to disappear in the mouth. Probably a good thing as it is now a vegetable oil product. It also had traces of ice crystals.
The chocolate coating seemed okay though.

Caz
Caz

Magnum Hazelnut salted vanilla By Johnny !??? Saltier than the ocean and possibly me

Terrible very unhappy

All magnums are now not worth eating no thick chocolate and the ice cream watery and tasteless what have they done to that ice cream all my family even ones who are grandchildren now dislike it I am 82 years old bought 3 pkts for a treat when I sit on my own in sun very sad not worth eating please please bring back your original or I fear you will lose thousand of customers. Unhappy lady Patricia

What happened

I work on an offshore rig,and as a treat for us the staff give us a magnum with our meals in the freezer waiting for us when we are done dinner,its only this time we noticed as there was 10 of us around the table eating these almond magnums and noticed just how small they have gotten,the amount of non exsistant almonds are now on them,and how un creamy they are,what happened? You were the best magnum and im afraid to say now you surely are not,there are over 200 people on board and we have all noticed im pretty sure if you dont change it back to the awesome magnums of the past you will surely lose alot of business,as you have just lost ours
Sincerely
Unhappy ex magnum lover

Amy
AmyPerth

Downhill

Have gotten smaller, how did Streets think we wouldn't notice? The chocolate is no longer thick, the ice cream tastes cheap. Bring back the old Magnum!

Justin M
Justin MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What have you done

Dear Unilever, what have you done to the magnum ice cream? The ice-cream itself is horrible. It used to be silky smooth and soft, now it's just cheap trash. Do not want. You've lost our family as a customer. Such a shame. An icon has been ruined.

Poor

Have noticed the shrinking over the years and not minded too much. But now ice cream is watery - confection. Won't buy again.

APB
APBHolloways Beach

Why, Why, Why.

We have been buying Magnum Classic ice cream for years ( I am 68). The Magnum was an "adult" ice cream with thick dark chocolate and creamy icecream and neither was too sweet. Now the chocolate is too thin and sweet, and the icecream has lost its creamy richness. We can't buy this product again until the original recipe is re launched.

Michael S
Michael SHobart

Simply disgraceful

I never write reviews but I had an almond magnum tonight as a treat. Magnum used to be the best ice cream on the market. Sadly, things have changed for the worse. They have no taste, no creamy texture and are loaded with sugar. The chocolate is too sweet, the ice cream lacks flavour and as for the almonds, well I think I counted 5 small shavings of almond. I won’t be going back for seconds. Connessuers for me in future.

Joey
JoeySydney

No flavour

Looked forward to trying this ice cream,
Very disappointing, no flavour, outer casing of ? White chocolate hard and unappealing, inner case had the same innocuous flavour, not worth the reduced price!

Michael brill
Michael brillHuddersfield

.... Not a magnum, it's a joke!

Smaller, the chocolate which used to be the highlight has been changed into a overly sweet nasty cheap chocolate and they're still cheeky enough to try and charge the same price

So disappointed

Yuck. I remember exactly what magnum ice cream used to taste like and this isn't it. I couldn't even finish it, not worth the calories on cheap ingredients.

Meredith
Meredith

Nothing Magnum about Magnums

Bought them a few times lately- each time hoping it was my imagination they were smaller, and the chocolate was thinner- I used to love chipping away at the thick chocolate and almond coating- now it’s so thin it falls off in one brittle piece and and the ice- cream is gone in a couple of mouthfuls. I’m so very disappointed - I thought it might have been a mistake - but no! Looks like I’m on the lookout for a new favourite- thanks for spoiling a good thing greedy Streets!

Magnums all varieties have gone downhill fast