Streets Magnum Classic

Streets Magnum Classic (page 4 of 4)

See the Best Ice Creams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Streets? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Very Disappointed

I recently bought a couple boxes of Magnum bars. What happened? I haven't had one for over a year. They have shrunk, the chocolate coating is thinner and I won't be buying them ever again. They used to be magnificent, Not any more and no longer my favourite ice cream bar. Why why why???

Muz
MuzANNERLEY

Sad

Smaller, Poor Quality Ice Cream and a dead set sour taste of disappointment left on my taste buds. Seriously all the fun taken out of it when you can easily knock one back in less than 30 sec. Wake up to yourself streets and bring back the Magnum Biff.

NeilW
NeilWSouthern and Hills, SA

Smaller with that Ripped-Off Taste

I thought Magnums were way smaller now than when I first tried one years ago and I'm correct. I feel totally ripped-off with every bite taken. Now they are less of a Magnum hit, heading more towards a pellet or bb hit. For those of us who once loved the size and experience, it's now deceptively smaller and not at all satisfying. Will not be buying again - ever! I'd rather buy a tub of Golden North Icecream and have a full, creamy, real big icecream experience you won't get with a Magnum anymore. Companies need to get the message and the only message they usually hear and take notice of is the one attached to sales.

The King no more

It's sad to see an old friend decline. This was undeniably a great ice cream but over the last 5 years it has gone downhill in a big way. Compared to the Magnum I remember, the one I had today was a lot smaller and the chocolate is way thinner and not at the same quality. Cost cutting will hurt this brand, and I miss the old Magnum.

Steve
SteveOrange

Sad sad sad

The magnum......my wife and I just had the ego, I commented.....did you just find that the ice-cream was crystalline and way less creamy? My wife responded.....YES! What on earth has happened to our once favourite ice-cream. whichever executive suggested they take their most reverred product and trash it's reputation should be shown the door. Sad, sad, sad.

Ripped off.

I had not had a magnum for over a year and recently bought one....what a disappointment. It was so small! And the chocolate was thinner and the ice cream was not as creamy. I won't be wasting my money again. You're better buying a tub of premium ice cream and quality chocolate and having that at home.

Magnums are terrible

What happened Streets? Your Magnums are now cheap and nasty. After so many years of enjoying them, I refuse to buy them anymore. Horrible icecream and dismal chocolate.

melanie2
melanie2Sydney, NSW

NOT THE SAME ANYMORE

I agree with most people on this page that Magnums have shrunk and the ice cream is no longer creamy and decadent or chocolate as thick and cracking. Very disappointing. In the wrapper it said magnum celebrating 25 years - this is not a celebration or triumph sorry - to replace what was once great with something mediocre. Bring back the original please.

Other Ice Creams

Nothing special about magnums anymore

Magnums used to be the tastiest, biggest ice creams. Now they've shrunk by half the size - that's half the ice cream and half the chocolate. The taste has changed too and they're not the tasty magnums we grew up with. So now they're an expensive, mediocre ice cream with nothing special about them. Might as well buy the home brand, or better yet, the Aldi brand - they're bigger, cheaper and actually taste better!

Kass
KassSydney

A special icecream ruined

I used to love Magnums for a special treat. First the Belgian chocolate was replaced, now they are child sized with a thin layer of chocolate so no more Magnums for me.

Thinner chocolate, smaller ice cream, not as creamy!

Was once my favourite ice cream, now I feel ripped off. The product is smaller with a thinner chocolate shell, as a consumer I feel ripped off. Not the magnums I remember.

Jenny
JennySydney

What have you done to the Classic Magnum? - it's dreadful!

This used to be our favourite ice-cream, however, the latest pack of Classic Magnums we bought are appalling. Not only have they shrunk considerably in size, the chocolate coating is thinner, and the ice-cream is no longer creamy. How stingy can Streets get - you've ruined a great ice-cream... it would have just been better just to increase the price and keep the quality.
As regular buyers we will now be looking elsewhere for a replacement, and probably spend the money on a good gourmet ice-cream... it is very disappointing.

yavis
yavisQLD, 4030

neodymium
neodymiumAU

Good

The classic Streets Magnum is a beautiful combination of delicious, melt in your mouth chocolate with a lovely rich ice cream centre. The first thing I loved about the Magnum was the satisfying crunch you get when you first bite into it. The flavour of the chocolate is delicious without being overpowering and the ice cream is so wonderfully rich and creamy. Price wise, Magnums are quite expensive so try and get them on special if you can. If you are looking spoil yourself, you can't go wrong with one of these.
Rich, creamy ice cream. Delicious chocolate coating.
A bit expensive compared to other ice creams

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

This is a rich and creamy ice cream on a stick. You really bite into the chocolate crunch, just like how they show on t.v. and it's so yummy. I am always scared that the ice cream will fall off the stick and into my lap, so I have to eat it in a hurry, which is part of the fun! Its a tasty treat to enjoy once in a while.
This is a rich and creamy choco-bar ice cream. It has a fantastic chocolate crunch and the inside vanilla is creamy and rich. It is not over powering, so I really enjoy this ice cream.
It is a bit expensive, and I have only bought it when it was on sale. If the sugar or calorie count could be reduced a bit, that would be nice and maybe more people would buy it regularly.