Streets Magnum Classic

Streets Magnum Classic (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Ice Creams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Streets? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pollywol
PollywolEyre Peninsula, SA

No Flavour??

What has happened to these Mini Magnum ice creams?
They now have absolutely no flavour, neither the chocolate or the icecream. Just taste cheap and nasty. Also no lovely almond crunch. Will not buy them anymyore.
Very disappointing feel ripped off.

The decline of a classic.

I knew I wasn’t imagining things. These ice creams have gone far from what they once were. Gone is the quality Belgian chocolate and creamy centre of the original magnum and now it’s cheap and nasty tasting. Why? . Very sad that companies cut corners but you can’t fool peoples tastebuds. Will find a better tasting replacement.

Other Ice Creams

Terrible quality, not what it used to be

We have been long term fans of Magnums and Mini Magnums. Tonight I couldn’t even finish my Mini Almond Magnum - terrible quality and not worth the calories! Icy watery ice cream (not creamy at all like it used to be) and sickly sweet chocolate that falls apart instantly. Won’t be buying again, totally a waste of money.

Salted Vanilla - so gross

The chocolate is as good as you'd expect, but the icecream is borderline inedible. Salted caramel is one of my favourites, but salted Vanilla makes it taste like it's *from* Johnny, rather than *by* Johnny.

Terrible very unhappy

All magnums are now not worth eating no thick chocolate and the ice cream watery and tasteless what have they done to that ice cream all my family even ones who are grandchildren now dislike it I am 82 years old bought 3 pkts for a treat when I sit on my own in sun very sad not worth eating please please bring back your original or I fear you will lose thousand of customers. Unhappy lady Patricia

Amy
AmyPerth

Downhill

Have gotten smaller, how did Streets think we wouldn't notice? The chocolate is no longer thick, the ice cream tastes cheap. Bring back the old Magnum!

Justin M
Justin MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What have you done

Dear Unilever, what have you done to the magnum ice cream? The ice-cream itself is horrible. It used to be silky smooth and soft, now it's just cheap trash. Do not want. You've lost our family as a customer. Such a shame. An icon has been ruined.

Poor

Have noticed the shrinking over the years and not minded too much. But now ice cream is watery - confection. Won't buy again.

APB
APBHolloways Beach

Why, Why, Why.

We have been buying Magnum Classic ice cream for years ( I am 68). The Magnum was an "adult" ice cream with thick dark chocolate and creamy icecream and neither was too sweet. Now the chocolate is too thin and sweet, and the icecream has lost its creamy richness. We can't buy this product again until the original recipe is re launched.

Michael S
Michael SHobart

Simply disgraceful

I never write reviews but I had an almond magnum tonight as a treat. Magnum used to be the best ice cream on the market. Sadly, things have changed for the worse. They have no taste, no creamy texture and are loaded with sugar. The chocolate is too sweet, the ice cream lacks flavour and as for the almonds, well I think I counted 5 small shavings of almond. I won’t be going back for seconds. Connessuers for me in future.

So disappointed

Yuck. I remember exactly what magnum ice cream used to taste like and this isn't it. I couldn't even finish it, not worth the calories on cheap ingredients.

Magnums all varieties have gone downhill fast

Very Disappointed

I recently bought a couple boxes of Magnum bars. What happened? I haven't had one for over a year. They have shrunk, the chocolate coating is thinner and I won't be buying them ever again. They used to be magnificent, Not any more and no longer my favourite ice cream bar. Why why why???

Muz
MuzANNERLEY

Sad

Smaller, Poor Quality Ice Cream and a dead set sour taste of disappointment left on my taste buds. Seriously all the fun taken out of it when you can easily knock one back in less than 30 sec. Wake up to yourself streets and bring back the Magnum Biff.

NeilW
NeilWSouthern and Hills, SA

Smaller with that Ripped-Off Taste

I thought Magnums were way smaller now than when I first tried one years ago and I'm correct. I feel totally ripped-off with every bite taken. Now they are less of a Magnum hit, heading more towards a pellet or bb hit. For those of us who once loved the size and experience, it's now deceptively smaller and not at all satisfying. Will not be buying again - ever! I'd rather buy a tub of Golden North Icecream and have a full, creamy, real big icecream experience you won't get with a Magnum anymore. Companies need to get the message and the only message they usually hear and take notice of is the one attached to sales.

Steve
SteveOrange

Sad sad sad

The magnum......my wife and I just had the ego, I commented.....did you just find that the ice-cream was crystalline and way less creamy? My wife responded.....YES! What on earth has happened to our once favourite ice-cream. whichever executive suggested they take their most reverred product and trash it's reputation should be shown the door. Sad, sad, sad.

Ripped off.

I had not had a magnum for over a year and recently bought one....what a disappointment. It was so small! And the chocolate was thinner and the ice cream was not as creamy. I won't be wasting my money again. You're better buying a tub of premium ice cream and quality chocolate and having that at home.

Magnums are terrible

What happened Streets? Your Magnums are now cheap and nasty. After so many years of enjoying them, I refuse to buy them anymore. Horrible icecream and dismal chocolate.

melanie2
melanie2Sydney, NSW

NOT THE SAME ANYMORE

I agree with most people on this page that Magnums have shrunk and the ice cream is no longer creamy and decadent or chocolate as thick and cracking. Very disappointing. In the wrapper it said magnum celebrating 25 years - this is not a celebration or triumph sorry - to replace what was once great with something mediocre. Bring back the original please.

Nothing special about magnums anymore

Magnums used to be the tastiest, biggest ice creams. Now they've shrunk by half the size - that's half the ice cream and half the chocolate. The taste has changed too and they're not the tasty magnums we grew up with. So now they're an expensive, mediocre ice cream with nothing special about them. Might as well buy the home brand, or better yet, the Aldi brand - they're bigger, cheaper and actually taste better!

Kass
KassSydney

A special icecream ruined

I used to love Magnums for a special treat. First the Belgian chocolate was replaced, now they are child sized with a thin layer of chocolate so no more Magnums for me.

Thinner chocolate, smaller ice cream, not as creamy!

Was once my favourite ice cream, now I feel ripped off. The product is smaller with a thinner chocolate shell, as a consumer I feel ripped off. Not the magnums I remember.

Jenny
JennySydney

What have you done to the Classic Magnum? - it's dreadful!

This used to be our favourite ice-cream, however, the latest pack of Classic Magnums we bought are appalling. Not only have they shrunk considerably in size, the chocolate coating is thinner, and the ice-cream is no longer creamy. How stingy can Streets get - you've ruined a great ice-cream... it would have just been better just to increase the price and keep the quality.
As regular buyers we will now be looking elsewhere for a replacement, and probably spend the money on a good gourmet ice-cream... it is very disappointing.

yavis
yavisQLD, 4030

Good

neodymium
neodymiumAU

Good

The classic Streets Magnum is a beautiful combination of delicious, melt in your mouth chocolate with a lovely rich ice cream centre. The first thing I loved about the Magnum was the satisfying crunch you get when you first bite into it. The flavour of the chocolate is delicious without being overpowering and the ice cream is so wonderfully rich and creamy. Price wise, Magnums are quite expensive so try and get them on special if you can. If you are looking spoil yourself, you can't go wrong with one of these.
Rich, creamy ice cream. Delicious chocolate coating.
A bit expensive compared to other ice creams