Streets Magnum Ego Caramel

Streets Magnum Ego Caramel (page 2 of 2)

Teagan

TeaganCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Used to be my favourite ice cream but not the same anymore

They have changed the chocolate from the milky creamy one to the compound tasting rubbish, the caramel is disgusting not the same homemade buttery taste at all. Very disappointing, will never buy again unless they bring back the old recipe

Disappointed

Was craving the thick chocolate outside which I usually eat first, the smooth caramel that I lick second, the thin dark chocolate third and then the creamy ice cream centre.... I got none of that. Will not be craving one again after the one I just had. Especially the caramel!!!! I understand changing the sticks, I can even deal with the size change but the recipe? Come on streets...

Kate

Kate

Nope.

All of a sudden they taste disgusting! Bring back the old recipe. Powdery ice cream, cheap tasting chocolate and disgusting icy caramel that doesn’t even taste like caramel. What a disappointment.

Icy caramel

This is not the same Magnum ego from when it first came out. The caramel is terrible and icy. The chocolate is cheaper and I couldn't even be bothered finishing it. First the cream egg and now the ego. These changes are all for the worst.

ZXR

ZXRGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What an absolute let down .. want my 3.80 back

Seriously thinner choccy layers .. no caramel taste .. vanilla ice cream center was powdery and like had ice shards .. smaller ..
This was a money making exercise thinking loyal customers will just go with it .. I will never way a magnum again .. but will go to supermarket instead of servo and put my 3.80 towards a tub of decent ice cream ..loyal customer gone .

Gab

GabPerth, WA

Horrible

They have changed recipie. Ice cream is not creamy, it's Disappointing icy. The dark Chocolate inside is horrible, and the caramel is not the same. It tastes artificial not like the Carmel before. I would never get again. My husband and I loved these, but took a bite and we both looked at each other horrified!

edgecrusher

edgecrushermelbourne

What the hell happened

This was easily my favourite but what the hell happened, cheaper version, obviously cost less to make, less of everything.

Pipsy

PipsyMelbourne

Will not be buying again!

We were looking forward to a tasty treat tonight. Previously the magnum ego has been a family favourite but clearly the recipe has changed.
We certainly will not be buying again.-terrible!

Magnum ego

Icy Caremal and they taste weird.. not like real caramel either, yuk. Won't buy these again, very disappointed, waste of my money.

Find out how Streets Magnum Ego Caramel compares to other Ice Creams

Icy ice cream and caramel

How disgusting are the magnum ego caramel, the ice cream and caramel are icy will not buy these again. Very disappointed that I wasted my money

New Look - Horrible taste!

It has been 6months since I last indulged in one of these PREVIOUSLY delicious treats! It was always a favourite and now they do not have that decadent ice cream richness, the caramel tastes like a watered down concoction with a tinge of coffee, and the chocolate coating is no longer delicious, but rather a cheap version of the product. Very disappointed and will not be buying again. Shame to see so many good products selling out for the sake of $$'s.

Poor quality/ taste

Taste completely different than they used to years ago. Caramel just tastes like molten sugar now. Bring back the original recipe with the caramel inside the centre of the ice cream. Quality has deteriorated over the years to now not worth buying at all. Chocolate shell awful now too. Cheap tasting in every way. Only took two bites it was that bad.

Awful

Magnum ego has definitely changed. I used to enjoy them and now they are disgusting. I didn't finish it. I threw half of it in the bin. Never buying them again. Such a shame as they used to be amazing.

Alli

AlliSydney

Terrible new taste

I bought a magnum ego from the service station today, it's probably been a year since I've had one (because I try to eat healthy). Today I decided to have a treat. I will never have one again. The flavor was disgusting. They've clearly changed the recipe, specifically the caramel was awful and the most noticeable of the things that they have changed.

What a let down

We've bought mini magnums to celebrate little occasions in our family for years. It had been a few months when I bought the mini double caramel ones (6 mini pack) tonight. What a shame, shame, shame. No longer smooth and decadent.....the ice cream was icey and cheapy tasting. I'll be trying some other treat next time. No longer worth that bit extra. Every product gets it wrong eventually when chasin' the dollars....

shikolatte

shikolatteAU

This is NOT perfect

I cannot believe this. Magnum ego was the only icecream treat I loved out of all the delicious ice creams out in the supermarkets. The caramel was the best so was the icecream and the chocolate.
WHATS HAPPENED???! I bought a pack last week and was soooooo disapointed with the flavour....it's disgusting, it doesn't even taste like caramel, you know what it tastes like to me? Those grouse Cadbury chocs that you get with the horrible fruity Centers, which I hate....
Bring back the original product. I am happy to pay for a premium product, but will NEVER purchase these again.
So dissapointed.

Kelly Fu

Kelly FuMelbourne

Disappointing new recipe

Ego used to be my favourite ice cream treat but I recently had one much to my disappointment. There used to be two layers of thick chocolate but now they use compound chocolate as a base so it taste totally different. Both layers of chocolate is also much thinner now. If I wanted cheap tasting ice creams I'd buy generic brands. Don't charge premium prices and disguise it as a premium product. It used to be but not anymore.

Used to be fabulous

Magnum ego was my all time favourite ice cream in fact the only one I ate but last Sunday brought a 4 pack and looked forward to after dinner treat, don't know what they have changed but certainly not the same ice cream chocolate totally
lacking in taste haven't bothered to try again & be disappointed - bring back the original!

Meh... I wouldn't bother

Not only does a magnum ego have conflicting flavours, it's internal texture differences make it a confusing post-meal treat. The glassy chocolate outer coating does not in anyway complement the frozen caramel inside. Further, frozen caramel should be reconsidered due to the hazard it presents in the form of internal gum and tongue abrasions. If there was one thing the ego does deliver, it is a velvety and smooth vanilla inside, however this can also be found in the form of black and gold nepolitana 2 litre varieties.

Kate Cani

Kate CaniAustralia

Heavenly

Magnum Ego caramel is truly for pleasure seeker. C'mn with the price, I bet it is not for daily consumption but whenever I am stress from work, I always have 2 of this by my side and it gave me relief. Nothing compares magnum flavors and I will always be a fan :)
incomparable