SelfWealth (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Forex & Share Trading Platforms in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SelfWealth

• Rates and Fees

Slow Application Process

Applied on the 2.2.21 and I am still I waiting two weeks to have an account opened. I have tried live chat with only the response of please send us an email which is still not responded to (ticket ID 110566). Poor customer service. I have other trading accounts which did not take this long or were addressed in a timely manner.

Bron
Bron

Terrible customer service

I have emailed them at least 5 times and messaged them on the online live chat and no one has gotten back to me. It has been over a month since I got in contact asking why there was money taken out of my account, and what it was for, but no one wants to get back to me.
Also the platform is very simple and sucks. You can't even see what you have made on a specific fund it only gives you the total of your whole portfolio performance for the day.

Bad service

I lodged the Offmarket tranfer form on 12/01/21, until today 09/02/21, the shares have not been transferred , followed up 3 times, always say it on processing, they do not have any phone line to talk someone, you only can wait on live chat, it is awful.

Doug
Doug
John C.
John C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

RUN! AS FAST AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN

Rose D.
Rose D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

The Worst Customer Service - Marketech is a lot better and $5 per trade

Selfwealth customer service is the worst one! I emailed them 3 weeks ago with multiple emails and still haven't heard back from them. I am moving my portfolio over to Marketech. It's a lot cheaper! $5 per trade, with live data, good customer service, have your own HIN, earn interest on the cash sitting in the account, good charts and indicators. You also have your own login details with Macquarie Bank. I could spend up to $2K per month on brokerage fees so moving to Marketech save me half of the fees. Don't waste your time with Selfwealth! Marketech gives 2 free weeks trial so check it out!

Poor customer service. No response to ticket lodged

I had submitted an application for a trade account with self wealth and tried to contact their customer service via email to understand where my application is at. Still no response. No phone number and the only way to contact anyone is via email. Definitely not a best in class customer service turnaround time.

Dee
Dee

Hi, I have used live chat and received unhelpful automated responses. It's been 4 business days and still zero helpful response. How do you do business?

Transferring shares screws up entire site usability

Frustratedtrader
Frustratedtrader

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Facu
FacuSydney, NSW

Not happy with the app at all

Really bad layout in app. Does not tell you how much you are up or down in your shares. Not very user friendly. Only good thing is cheap brokerage fee

TommySydney, NSW

Slow to process orders

Consistently slow with processing orders. I suffered a massive loss on one stock because it took over 30minutes to go through and im still waiting over 2 months to be compensated or at least receive a response.

"Consistently".. keyword

Kent
KentSydney, NSW

Everything on SelfWealth is Slow

After completing the application and being advised that no further details or documents were required, it took SelfWealth an additional 3 weeks to open my account. Transferring money into the cash account also takes significantly longer than the maximum 3 days advertised. I still have thousands of dollars missing from my cash account. If you contact the support email you will receive an automatic reply and never hear back from SelfWealth again.

WPHill
WPHillSydney, NSW

very hard for sign up

Uma K.
Uma K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SWF makes money on your deposit

My account balance was $18,500 on 01/9/2020. I put orders for shares worth $14990 and cancelled all of them in the morning of 2/9/2020. My account balance after cancellation of orders shows $18500, however Funds Available for Transfer is at $3,510. Self Wealth says funds would be available for transfer after 72 hours. WHY? These guys are making money from our cash deposit.

Simon G.
Simon G.Sydney, NSW

Great sign-up process, everything else poor

I signed up to SelfWealth for the hope of a better digital experience. The sign-up process was easy and all digital, which I very much appreciated.
However, it appears that most other processes (including share transfers, changing account details, etc.) require you to fill out a paper form, and electronically signed PDFs are not accepted. Since I work from home (thanks COVID-19), don't have a printer, and am not planning on getting one, this is too inconvenient. I believe such paper-based bureaucracy is simply not acceptable anymore, so I requested to close my account, which requires a hand-written form too.

WattySouth East Queensland, QLD

CHEAP brokerage only!

Watty

So you're basically telling me to suck it up is that right? Like it or lump it eh? Wonderful response!!

Watty

Ever thought about listening and trying to improve??

Michael
MichaelPerth, WA

Cheap product, cheap service.

marcus k.Sydney, NSW

Hopeless! Already 2 weeks but account not ready yet

Opened an account 2 weeks ago but still not setup yet. When a complaint is made thakes 3 days for a response. I will try another broker as I am losing trades.

marcus k.

The transfer form was sent again last Friday. How many times do u need the same form

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Ah I can see the form sent in, the last email from our team was to provide ID as the broker won't let us initiate the transfer without a copy of your ID. I'll follow up with an email reminder.

more than a week on new account set up and no response

I opened my account 8 days ago and since then they are still opening ANZ account. I emailed them and a generic response, still no change. I will go for another broker, they just waste your time.

Yuly
Yuly

Poor customer service

Have been trying to change my address since two weeks ago with no success. The customer service asked for a printed and non-digital signed form, which I have provided but still no change of address or even a helpful effort to update the address in their system. They keep using my old address even though I don't live there anymore and will never receive any correspondence sent to that address. Still don't understand why they go the extra length to make things difficult for their customer.

NatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dissatisfied with poor service

Lodged my application on day 1. My family member lodged their’s almost 24hrs later. In less than 2 business days his account was set up. More than 5 business days later I’m still waiting for an account. Emailed to ask what was happening - no response. Expecting someone in marketing will eventually see this and respond with “sorry - covid”, not really a decent answer given my family member got theirs so quickly despite lodging an application later than me.
Poor form. There are other platforms offering the same price for trades. I won’t waste any more time on this poor-form company that offers no real way for you to contact them, and doesn’t even respond.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Nat, I've seen your email come in and will follow it up immediately with you directly.

Do not join and save your time!

timSydney, NSW

Non responsive

Cheap but totally unresponsive. No phone number. Takes weeks to get things sorted after several follow up emails. Would be great if they had someone to call as a circuit breaker as their live chat is very ordinary

ningzhu.au
ningzhu.auSydney, NSW

Poor service. account set-up takes forever

I uploaded all certified docs for 2+ weeks. And I tried to send an email to their customer service email for a week ago. NO RESPONSE. the live chat is rubbish.

Karina
KarinaSydney, NSW

Poor customer service, very long setup times

Having been waiting over a week for a simple account setup and now finally been advised that it will likely be another week. Emails for support or the leave a message function on their site only results in being ignored. When I finally got onto someone with the online chat they eventually advised that a copy of ID was required, even though this had never been mentioned anytime prior and everything continually indicated the account would be ready in 1 business day when the ANZ account was active.
Now they are making more excuses about technical issues. If they can't even provide appropriate communication and service to get you to become a customer, how much less service would be provided once you become a customer!

Fleeced Traveler
Fleeced TravelerSydney, NSW

Selfweath Broking "Customer Service"Is A Consistent Farce

MoeCanberra Central 2601, ACT

2 days and counting for a simple password reset...

2 days and counting for a simple password reset...
I will not be recommending this platform to anyone else from here on.. Sure they have cheap brokerage, however what's the point of that if you can't even log in...

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Moe, have you got in touch with the support team? The password reset should be an email sent to your inbox and should be there almost instantly. Maybe check your SPAM box to see if it went there instead? We'd be happy to help out otherwise!

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Moe, the team have found your enquiry. As the account is under your wife's name the request needs to come from her, for security reasons, people can't change the details of another's account. Someone will be in touch shortly with more information.