Listing monitored by SelfWealth

Opening an account took 7 weeks and escalating through dispute resolution

SSchizzle
SSchizzleSydney, NSW

Too many limitations

I noticed there is too much of a delay between ASX open time and actual trade in this platform. Also, after you sell a stock they hold the money for 72 hours before you can transfer to your account. Even after waiting for 3 days and your money is released, it takes longer for that money to be sent to the nominated account due to transaction delays. But when you deposit money it is almost instantaneous. Valuable trading features like trailing stop loss are also absent.

Rates and Fees
Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Love the idea and the platform but dreadfully slow to respond to a query

I love the idea and the SelfWealth platform but the team are dreadfully slow to respond to a query. I've been waiting for weeks now. Hopefully things will improve soon.

Robert
RobertPerth, WA

Customer Support Non Existent

The actual interface and product looks pretty good. However I have put in an application for my trust 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing regarding the status or any updates. Have tried to contact them 2 times via email (only method available, speaking to someone is not possible) and have received no reply at all. The application says it takes about 3 business days upon providing documents (trust deeds etc) and it has well and truly passed this.....not sure what is going on so I guess it's just wait and see if it goes though. Understand they are busy but it is pretty frustrating not being able to speak to someone and receiving no replies to emails.

James M.South East Queensland, QLD

good platform but crap customer service

Cant speak to them in person
didnt reply to an email
took 3 hrs to get a reply on the live chat . Then it was a challange to get such an easy answer from it . seemed the person didnt really know what they were doing

James M.

Glad you agree it's crap customer service .
People take note. No phone and take a week to reply to emails

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
NicholasMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor customer service

Applied for a trust account nearly 3 weeks ago, can't get an accurate answer on when the account is live, all paperwork has been received. No reply to chat online via the website or email

Nicholas

Hi Jarrod, thanks for your prompt reply, your team made contact yesterday and things are nearly finished now, cheers again

Masala
MasalaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slooooww support - Don't even try to join

I thought it might be an isolated case when it took more than 2 weeks to activate my account. Turns out this is actually the norm if not their best response times... Even with the account still not activated, the trial premium counts down... Cheeky?!
Now, submitted the request to open a US trading account and again as of now already waiting for more than a week. No hope for a reply earlier than one or two weeks' time.
If you are considering joining, forget it. The app is great but they are clearly under-staffed.

Artem F.
Artem F.Launceston, TAS

Good platform but nonexistent support. Rubbish overall!

Good platform but nonexistent support. Rubbish overall!
The best reply time takes 2 weeks. Very slow. If support is needed for anything they are useless, don't know or very slow.

stephen13
stephen13Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Site But Their Support Is Rubbish

The site is very user friendly and a good offering, however if you need support for anything, they are useless which is disappointing. I put an application in to trade US stocks 3 weeks ago and it's still not done

DIG
DIGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cheap but no support or responses to questions.

They take ages to respond to emails, if at all. Their website is also clunky with minimal support. Automated trades work ok and the brokerage is cheap. That is all you get. I was going to set up a US trading account but have decided not to. I am fearful that without chess my shares will be registered only with SelfWealth. My concern is if there is a problem and they don't respond to requests for support then I could potentially put my portfolio at risk.

OK, But

Takes too long to fund your account. Responding to RFIs is very slow. I also applied for a SelfWealth USA trading account. Have no clue how to access the US trading platform and no information has been forthcoming.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks for your review and for joining, Annemarie! US trading is only available on the desktop site for the moment, it will be available via the app come the start of Feb for iOS and a little later for Android. A brand new app has been built.

Rob C.
Rob C.Sydney, NSW

Excellent execution. Account opening very poor

I have been trying to open an account and transfer stock for several weeks. I have had no help nor answers to my queries. I feel like I am in limbo with no where to go for help. As a former broker I understand the issues which need to be dealt with. It is also impossible to get in touch with the management.

Gaz P.
Gaz P.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Disappearing units

Hi. I transferred 4000 ORA units 19th June 2020. 4 days later 800 units disappeared. I have attempted chat and email a week ago but sadly no response.
The response to my negative review was answered promptly and satisfactorily - it was explained that there was a consolidation. Pity this was not noted on the website as this would not have been a problem to start with.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Gaz, thanks for being a member. It's best to track the company's ASX announcements for structural changes in the stock or you can always talk to the share registry to get more information on company changes like this.

NOT HAPPY

Bad Customer Service and Complicated Online Portal

Hello,

I do understand this is one of the cheap online brokerage firms. However, if you are looking for good customer service and an easy online portal then you will not find here. Also, the staff has an attitude problem.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Jeet, thanks for joining. We're disappointed your experience wasn't up to scratch, we proud ourselves on our customer service. Can you email us at marketing@selfwealth.com.au so we can rectify this for you please?