SelfWealth

SelfWealth (page 4 of 10)

See the Best Forex & Share Trading Platforms in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SelfWealth

• Rates and Fees

Good brokerage, but a very limited app and too slow to get funds into trading account

Mil
Mil

Useless support

Estimated time to respond to a ticket is stated as being roughly 1-2 business days. It has been well over three weeks yet I still do not have a response to a basic question via email.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Mil, sorry for the experience -- we're still dealing with large backlogs. Email responses are 1 - 2 weeks, your best bet is live chat during trading hours via selfwealth.com.au

Terry
TerrySydney, NSW

Great platform for share trading

With Self Wealth, Opening a account is no no problem. Once funded trading shares is easy. Platform is simple to use. The ability to interact with our investors is a great asset. Best part - their fees

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks for the review Terry and welcome!

Future Retiree
Future RetireePerth, WA

Really enjoying this platform!

Easy and simple to use. Good research tools. Affordable brokerage fees. At last a platform for everyone and not just the already rich. Has a useable app as well. Only issue is the lack of response to emails and messages.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks for the review, we love having you onboard. We're working on our support times, adding more staff and automating some processes. Thanks for your patience so far!

UselessHalo
UselessHalo

Wouldn't touch it again with a barge pole

None of my inquiries how to operate the account or how safe the complicated structure is for my money received a response! Neither did my question how long it will take to receive money withdrawals back into my linked account. I never encountered a broker before such completely lacking customer orientation.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Excellent trading platform - brokerage costs are fantastic especially if large amounts are traded

wayne c.Sydney, NSW

Not possible to get any response from customer service

I have a selfwealth account opened through my share advisor, and I have been using it for about 3 months. The customer service so far is virtually zero. I want to change my withdraw bank account, downloaded the form, filled it and raised a request to self wealth. It's has been 3 weeks and chased a couple times, no response at all.
You won't be able to talk to anyone as there is no phone number on their website, and email, no response.

The trading experience is standard, similar to other platform I used. If self wealth wants to compete with other trading platforms, they really need to improve the customer service. I would choose to pay a slightly more brokage to have someone who is able to solve my problem when needed.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Darren E.
Darren E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can be better but OK

Need to have up to date pricing. I use commsec to get instant prices to decide when to buy using your platform. Other than that the pricing for trades makes it cheaper to use. Also should be automatic transfer of funds between portfolios between the same user, not send money back to my bank account then into my other portfolio.

Michael
MichaelPerth, WA

Terrible costumer service. Can't change membership details

I logged change of address and banking details forms with them 4weeks ago.
I have emailed them many times since and support online chat ( which is impossible to get through) . They just send that same message that they don't have enough staff and are busy with new members.
As they still haven't changed my account details and ignore all emails sent to the selfwealthsupport team my shares are stuck with them.
Reconsider joining , as I have been with them for 7 months . All they seem to care about is signing up new members and ignore existing costumers.
I think I'll be moving to CommSec trading if this will ever be resolved.
The app itself is good. But if you have a problem with your account , good luck with getting the issue fixed .

Jacqueline C.
Jacqueline C.Sydney, NSW

Account

My daughter still hasn't been able to trade due to account not being finalised.
We both wrote to self wealth in emails and have no replies. Lost $3000 in trades so far.

Half filled order

Phantom
Phantom
Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Love the idea and the platform but dreadfully slow to respond to a query

I love the idea and the SelfWealth platform but the team are dreadfully slow to respond to a query. I've been waiting for weeks now. Hopefully things will improve soon.

Robert
RobertPerth, WA

Customer Support Non Existent

The actual interface and product looks pretty good. However I have put in an application for my trust 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing regarding the status or any updates. Have tried to contact them 2 times via email (only method available, speaking to someone is not possible) and have received no reply at all. The application says it takes about 3 business days upon providing documents (trust deeds etc) and it has well and truly passed this.....not sure what is going on so I guess it's just wait and see if it goes though. Understand they are busy but it is pretty frustrating not being able to speak to someone and receiving no replies to emails.

Murilo Z.Sydney, NSW

Tried to register and couldn't

Even though I live in Australia and have all my documents here the platform still wouldn't accept my registration without a bunch of CERTIFIED documents, they wouldn't accept normal copies of them. There are other platforms that do business in Australia in which I was able to create an account and trade without having to send any certified documents. I just hate bureaucracy so if you are like me and you don't want to waste your time with a lengthy process just to create an account try to look the internet for other platforms to trade and invest, there's a bunch like this one in which the process will be a lot faster.

Booboo
Booboo

In the beginning good, now poor/dangerous!!

Slow Application Process

Applied on the 2.2.21 and I am still I waiting two weeks to have an account opened. I have tried live chat with only the response of please send us an email which is still not responded to (ticket ID 110566). Poor customer service. I have other trading accounts which did not take this long or were addressed in a timely manner.

James M.South East Queensland, QLD

good platform but crap customer service

Cant speak to them in person
didnt reply to an email
took 3 hrs to get a reply on the live chat . Then it was a challange to get such an easy answer from it . seemed the person didnt really know what they were doing

James M.

Glad you agree it's crap customer service .
People take note. No phone and take a week to reply to emails

Bron
Bron

Terrible customer service

I have emailed them at least 5 times and messaged them on the online live chat and no one has gotten back to me. It has been over a month since I got in contact asking why there was money taken out of my account, and what it was for, but no one wants to get back to me.
Also the platform is very simple and sucks. You can't even see what you have made on a specific fund it only gives you the total of your whole portfolio performance for the day.

James H.
James H.South East Queensland, QLD

Pretty damn good but please offer more!

Bad service

I lodged the Offmarket tranfer form on 12/01/21, until today 09/02/21, the shares have not been transferred , followed up 3 times, always say it on processing, they do not have any phone line to talk someone, you only can wait on live chat, it is awful.

Doug
Doug
CJMMelbourne

ok, but improving

I like the fact you can now invest in US stocks like Tesla. The only issue I have with it is that buy ins are a minimum of $500. if buys ins were lower I would own more stocks. But the stocks are listed in your own name so if the company goes bust. you own the stocks. peace of mind.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks for the review CJM! The ASX imposes that $500 minimum but it's for ASX stocks only, and only on the first time you buy that stock. Once you own a stock, you can buy smaller amounts. There's a $100 minimum for US stocks.

CJM

Oh, I did not know that. that's good to hear. There are some US stocks I want to invest in. Thanks.

NicholasMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor customer service

Applied for a trust account nearly 3 weeks ago, can't get an accurate answer on when the account is live, all paperwork has been received. No reply to chat online via the website or email

Nicholas

Hi Jarrod, thanks for your prompt reply, your team made contact yesterday and things are nearly finished now, cheers again

Simple and easy.

I've had no major issues at this stage. Their response times and depositing money into their account are a bit on the slow side. Options trading hopefully added in the future for serious traders.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks for the review Michael, great to have you on board! We're working on faster transfers this year.

Roosevelt K.
Roosevelt K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Simple to register and easy to trade

Skip
Skip

It Works !

Did what it promised to do so yeah it's an effective disruptor. However the layout of it user page is pretty random and not user friendly. They should just have a simple version of CommSec. But I've tried superhero too and that was worse too confusing to do simple actions.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks Skip! We're just finishing off new apps then will move to redoing the website interface.