SelfWealth
See the Best Forex & Share Trading Platforms in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SelfWealth

• Rates and Fees

Edwina M.
Edwina M.Sydney, NSW

Free Trades

Cost lost trades, minimal service - but why pay extra if you only trade occasionally to steadily build a portfolio over time?
Use this link when you sign up for 5 free trades [Link Removed].

Rates and Fees

Cheap brokerage but disappointing experience so far

Geetha B.
Geetha B.

Fair value Proposition

I started using Selfwealth as a secondary platform purely based on the cost. Now I am slowly transferring my main portfolio since I have what I need with the progressive changes that has been made including being able to have a minor's portfolios. Minor portfolio set up has some glitches but the support towards that is great and I am confident it will be running smoothly very soon.

Peter Burgess
Peter BurgessHunter Region, NSW

Everything I need except price alerts and completely customisable target portfolio.

I have not long joined SelfWealth from another broker. The user interface is great and so is the mobile app. I just wish I could set price alerts for stock I n my watch list. Also it is too time consuming to go through other member profile to set a target portfolio for alignment. We should be able to set a cemetery customisable target portfolio based on ticker codes.

Find out how SelfWealth compares to other Forex & Share Trading Platforms

Good, but missing a few features

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Cass! We're working on improving a lot of the platform, live pricing + instant deposits are coming in the next few weeks. We've got a lot of other things in the pipeline to improve the platform. Thanks for your review!

Quiet_man
Quiet_manCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Going quite well...

Works well and pleasant website. Help has been good but slow at times. Trades went fine including US trades.
No stop-loss orders (trailing stop-loss orders for US trades is a minus for me. Being able to transfer money and foreign exchange quicker would help also. Overall quite good and would recommend.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks for joining! You need to enable stop-loss orders for ASX trades from your settings. You need to accept additional terms and conditions for it. No trailing stop-loss orders as of yet.

Jonathan B.

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

This is good

Supporting services by email are good and in general response quickly, but it would be better if a phone communication services can be provided. Sometimes the prices of holding shares are not updated in time.

Rates and Fees

Really helpful once the app is worked out, the information is easy to read and locate. So far, a great app.

The app functions and format are major factors and selfwealth provides information concisely and clearly. It provides information in a manner that is understandable and cogent. A well designed application

Larry
LarrySydney, NSW

Some features better than other online brokers.

Supporting services are as good and in cases better than other on line brokers. My main problem is with the current reporting system. The Account details each individual ASX transaction. On some orders there can be numerous transactions making up the total sale/purchase. This makes it time consuming to reconcile with the buy/sell confirmation especially if you have an accounting system or/and a SMSF. The system also cannot produce a single page Portfolio. Other than that, the concept of flat rate brokerage is great considering the excellent back up information services.

Geoff Pearce
Geoff PearceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So far so good

I am new to SelfWealth but all seems OK so far. Brokerage fee is excellent and the interface is quite good.
Only negative point is that you can not trade without having the funds already deposited whereas with Commsec you can make a purchase decision immediately and you then have 2 days to deposit the funds.

Mary A.
Mary A.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Great way to trade!!

I have had great success with Selfwealth and not experienced the sort of problems other people have had. The only criticism I have is, yes, the lag time sometimes with sending an email with a query and getting a response. But nothing major.

The best thing about Selfwealth is that they make it really simple to trade and to learn a bit about the companies that interest you unlike some other platforms which are clearly for the more professional trader.

Only downside is it can become very addictive !!!

Find out how SelfWealth compares to other Forex & Share Trading Platforms

Good value trades but app needs some work.

Considering the target market is the individual investor, a slick app experience should be a cornerstone of SelfWealth's offering. Here's some observations.
1. I know live pricing is in development, so hopefully it comes soon!
2. On the login page I'm told today's earnings. Who cares? I want to know the earnings / loss of my portfolio.
3. If fingerprint login is enabled, it should be automatically available. All the other apps do that.
4. A pie chart of holdings would be nice.
Sub $10 trades for CHESS sponsored trades is great! You should point out that feature more, as places like Superhero seem to undercut you, but they are actually offering an inferior product (IMHO) .
Looking forward to seeing the app develop :)

Mohamed S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It's Good, but

Overall, it's good, responsive, and the flat fee is what made me make the switch from Commsec. But, the lack of live data on the portfolio page is a BIG disadvantage for me. My position prices and market value are always 20 min behind. I would give them 5 stars if that is introduced.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Mohamed, thanks for the review and for making the switch! We've got live data in beta at the moment, so will be offering it in the future.

Mohamed S.

That's great news! Thank you.

Great

The only thing negative to say is $500 minimum deposit sometimes is a little hard. Other than that it is a great program,, ,easy for the beginner to follow, thankyou

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks for the review Dash, we're happy to have you onboard. The $500 minimum is imposed by the ASX but once you have $500 in a stock you can buy smaller amounts. E.g. buy $500 of AfterPay, you can then buy $100 of AfterPay.

Dash
Dash

Thank you. So it has to be on the same stock ?

Mick
Mickasked

Do you now have live pricing?

Shaun F.
Shaun F.

Yes Mick they now have live pricing and instant transfers.

Martina K.
Martina K.asked

How to do first trade

Frustrated and angry.com
Frustrated and angry.comasked

I need to transfer money out of my SelfWealth trading account to buy some priority offer shares.
I cannot find a way to do this and I am in a bit of a rush.
Alternatively I thought that I could withdraw from their ANZ account into my linked account, but am unable to find a way to do this either. Please could someone help. The bot is useless and emails take so long for answers.

neil and kaye j.

I haven't tried this myself yet. I've only transferred money into my SW cash account from my Commsec account, however I just went to Settings -> Trading Account -> Cash account and there is a blue button called "Withdraw from AUD" which looks like you can transfer from your AUD cash account to your nominated other account.

Hi there, I have just been on CHAT with selfWealth and I do not have this blue withdraw button, I have tried numerous times. Thanks for trying t help though.

John
John

You should be able to withdraw monies from your cash account to your nominated inked account in SW.
I did this last week without any issues

Just dont' try and change your linked account details as this was a painful and long winded experience.

Get an answer from our members and SelfWealth representatives