Selleys Original Sugar Soap

Selleys Original Sugar Soap Questions & Answers

52 questions from our users

John B.

John B.asked

will it kill and remove Lichen on timber

Blackpool girl

I have never seen any information from the manufacturer to answer this question. As Gumption is designed to clean surfaces, I would not expect it to be the best product to kill lichen. A plant nursery would probably be able to give an accurate answer.

Rosie

Rosieasked

Many questions to Selleys but seems no supporting answer? Is there other ways to find answers or supporting when using Selleys's sugar soap?

Blackpool girl

Hi Rosie, I too wonder if there is a final authority. However, in practice, I look it up on the internet, and try their solution with caution! More than one attempt has ended in disaster. I try it in an unobtrusive corner where it may not be noticed if things go wrong. Trial and error can be great fun and a big adventure...……………. …..Blackpool girl.

Rosie

Rosieasked

I use sugar soap to remove the vinyl glue on hard wooden floor in kitchen. Its works quite easy but I do not know is it bad for wooden floor? Please help

Joos N.asked

Is sugar soap dangerous for plants?

Joos N.asked

Is sugar soap dangerous for plants?

Blackpool girl

I don't know - have never used it on plants and can't find any answers on the internet. However, it is a strong chemical intended for heavy cleaning and I would avoid putting it on plants or letting it run on lawns.
Blackpool girl.

Joos N.

The answer is only somebody’s opinion. I also expected to have a bad result.
Was hoping to get a more specific answer as to the degree of damage if the sugar soap runs into the garden. Maybe I should do an experiment and advise.

Louise Reynolds

Louise Reynoldsasked

Can I use it on kitchen cabinets? They are a painted gloss finish (not timber)

SunriseBoy

Bicarb soda is cheaper, and does a brilliant job. Fixes crook stomach problems as well.

Shirley W.

Shirley W.asked

I have a concrete footpath that has duck pooh etc on it. Can I scrub it down with diluted sugar soap then hose off. Will this clean the concrete please.

SunriseBoy

Bicarb soda is a better bet. One heaped desertspoon per litre of water. Or wet the patch(es) and sprinkle bicarb on.

Fiona

Fionaasked

Will cleaning the outside of the house and the deck with sugar soap damage my plants?

Julie A

Julie Aasked

Can I use sugar soap on vinyl plank flooring?

Dancing queen

Dancing queenasked

Can I use sugar soap to clean my sealed wood floors that have become dangerously slippy?

Pauline

Paulineasked

Can I use sugar soap to clean the carpet?

Tareana M

Tareana Masked

I am using sugar soap diluted in water to clean my walls and I am just wondering if it will harm my towel if I wipe it down with that?

Linda waters

Linda watersasked

Can I use a small amount of sugar soap in my household steamer?

Madeline L

Madeline Lasked

I used undiluted sugar soap on much walls before realising its meant to be diluted. Will this damage the walls?

stewcall2007

stewcall2007asked

Can I use sugar soap to wash a 1994 Ford Falcon? Will it damage the paintwork?? Thanks

Natski

Natskiasked

If your pet ingest a small amount will it kill them?

Glen

Glenasked

I accidentally spilled raw sugar soap on my leather lounge suite, can or how can remove it?

The bottle tipped over and it leaked a 100cm blotch

Warwick

Warwickasked

Can we use it on stencilled concrete paths ?

Thommo8

Thommo8asked

i have sugar soap stains on my kitchen worktop my friend said the worktop is made with formica so how do i clean these dull stains from the worktop?

Wendy H

Wendy Hasked

I used a fairly strong solution of sugar soap to clean paste off the walls from old wallpaper. I covered the carpet with a tarpaulin, but it has left white marks over the wood varnished skirting board and picture rail. Washing the wood doesn't seem to get the white marks off. Any other ideas to clean the varnished wood?

Get an answer from our members and Selleys representatives