SellMyCar.com.au

See the Best Online Vehicle Sales Sites in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SellMyCar.com.au

Gus D
Gus DSydney, NSW

absolute waste of time

Their instant quote is bait and switch. after quoting $9000 to $10,500 via their online system, I received a follow up call with a lowball offer of $4,000 before even seeing the car.

Very Rude & Disrespectful Customer Service

I received a call from the sellmycar.com.au salesman (I don't know his name as I didn't bother to ask as he was very disrespectful and rude). In a nutshell, what he was offering me was peanuts for my almost new car - real thugs.

Almost Suckered
Almost Suckered

Awful Service, lied every step of the way.

Jordan from sell my car.com.au Brisbane. Called me after making an inquiry online for purchase price. Told me definitely they could buy my vehicle today within the range that was listed online. He said all I had to do was see him at eagle farm but they would have no problem buying it today.
I arrived and despite my vehicle being in better condition than he thought he advised they would not purchase the vehicle as it had too many kms on it. I put the correct Kms online and also advised him over the phone that it had high kms. He still got me to drive all the way up to eagle farm with the lie he would definitely be able to purchase today. Sent me away with an attitude after I told him that operating like that was poor business.

Bcoops
BcoopsPerth, WA

Deceiving and bait advertising. Going to report to ACCC.

I took the bait and filled out their ‘online estimate’ online as to what they would buy my car for which I was happy with. I then receive a phone call and sms from the Perth ‘state manager’ saying that that online estimate wasn’t worth the paper it was written on and they wanted to offer me a LOT less. This is bait advertising and I will be reporting to the ACCC today. Steer clear of these gutter dwellers.

Rob
Rob

Total waste of time- DO NOT GO THERE

Their online offered was $29,706-$32,232 (yes they were sent photos), and even when I spoke to one of them and asked how accurate is the quote, she said as long as the car is what the photos show it will be in that price range. When I got there the guy came out had a look when into the office and said sorry the offer is too high. He then offered me $21,000, I've been offered $24,500 elsewhere. Total waste of time.

David R
David RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not waste your time!

They flat out lied to me after agreeing verbally on the phone to a figure, already $2k below what I owed on the car. Then proceeded to waste my time and send someone out to value it. They did not find anything wrong with the car, nothing that contradicted the information I provided them. He then tried to low ball me beyond what we had already agreed stating that he couldn't do any better. If you enjoy having your time wasted and being lied to, by all means, use their service.

Persistent Pests

Offered $17,000 for my car so sold my vehicle privately for $24,500 and within a week. I have no issue with company making a low ball offer to make a profit. I am however offended by persistent sms to use the services despite numerous request to have my mobile number removed. Cease annoying spam. My ex car rego was NBN36Z.

Edge L.
Edge L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Last year great service, this year terrible service

Prepare yourself for the no sense talk to lower the value of your car.
Last year selling with them was very professional an accurate.
This year very unprofessional very inaccurate specifically (Trent)

Only if you're absolutely desperate

On line offer just over half of current red book trade in valuation with extreme demands...12 months rego etc etc...Can't see how anyone would be sucked in by these shysters!

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Girls don't go there alone, Aggro on their ads appropriate as I copped Aggro sales staff, DODGY

Seona B.
Seona B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish I could give a review of 0 stars!!!!

Didn’t bother to show up even though appointment was confirmed prior. Horrendous attitude from the only Melbourne rep who admitted freely that their email recommendation amounts are more than exaggerated.

Time wasted
Time wastedVictoria

Onsite non inspection

Had an inspection booked by them was twenty minutes away only to have them ring and re book for two hours later as the person doing the vehicle inspection was stuck in traffic. Got to second inspection time and person did not even get out of his office chair to inspect the car and offered me less than what their lowest estimate was for the vehicle. What a waste of my time to have so called vehicle inspection done without him even looking at the car he could have just phoned me and told me the same thing as he did not even view it. Would not waste your time going to an inspection appointment..

Bee
BeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

So rude

Booked a time for appraisal on internet. Then I received a call from rude man and in 2 minutes he cancelled viewing. Didn’t even view the car.
Don’t waste ya time!! Sell private

Tom
TomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely low valuation

Waste of time. Give you a huge spectrum for their estimate and then go to the bottom of the estimate, even though the car offered is in perfect condition with very low kilometres. Ford dealership offered more than they do. This service is just for someone desperate to sell their car. Don't waste your time.

DO NOT GO TO THEM

I entered my car details into their website and they came back to me with an "estimate". The estimate was "$18,500 to $22,600". I made an appointment and they offered me $16,000! I understand what an estimate is, but coming back with such an offer is unethical and just wrong, particularly as the car met all of the criteria they asked for when sending me the "estimate"eg amount of rego, 2 keys, service records, etc, etc. SellMyCar....you need to look up what the meaning of estimate is. You are a total waste of time!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Scott S.
Scott S.asked

Hi. I have a 2008 Ford Falcon BF. LPG. MK2 and has done 204875 km. It was recently in a small accident causing damage to the front and front right of the car. The car can still be driven

Mel
Melasked

Hello I have just booked an appointment to take my car into one of sellyourcar.com car yards the closest to me is in Dandenong. I am selling my much loved Mercedes’s CLC kompressor because I have to. I can’t afford to get 12 months rego on the car and it runs out in a few weeks . Also there is a graze on the corner of the front bumper and the front blind to the sunroof needs replacement clips which aren’t expensive but I’m in a position I have to sell. I’m also the second owner but should that make a difference if we both looked after the car. All these things will bring the estimated price quoted down but how much lower would the estimate be. I’m really in a between a rock and a hard place. the estimate was around $8,500. My car is really in terrific condition apart from these few things. Can anyone please help me? Thank you. Mel

Daniel OSellMyCar.com.au

Hi Mel ,Apologies for the late reply. I have just seen your message and your appt booking for yesterday at 9am. I can see that you didnt attend your appointment, perhaps because you are hesitant to sell and unsure how the online price will differ at an appointment. I will ask the buyer at Dandenong to contact you and have a chat about the pricing Thanks Mel.

jake
jakeasked

hi I have a ford fg xr6 ute 2009 auto was wondering weather or not you guys would be interested in buying an how much I would be looking at?

Get an answer from our members and SellMyCar.com.au representatives