SellMyCar.com.au

See the Best Online Vehicle Sales Sites in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SellMyCar.com.au

Ambern
AmbernGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not even 10% of quote offered!

Quoted an amount to get you to yard. Such a waste of time didnt even offer ten percent of original quote. Yes I expected less than the original quote. Very dissapointed.

Dave
DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Inaccurate estimates

Online estimate of 14300 turned into 10000 when I went to the appointment and this was done from the office without even looking at my van. Very disappointed. Needs to be more accurate estimates online.

Poor service

Couldn't price the car upon presentation in morning. Was told they would ring same day or next morning. I had to ring at 2:30pm to be told 'the computers are still down' and wouldn't be able to offer a price. Email offer was $23500.

G.H.
G.H....

Very average offer

I recently purchased a new car, details of selling my old car below...

Car dealership trade in offer: $10,500
SellMyCar.com.au offer: $8,500
Private selling price: $12,000

SellMyCar tried to justify the extremely low price by comparing a “similar” vehicle. I reviewed the comparison car online, not only was the other car in another state and in very average condition, but it also had another 30,000kms.
I advised them of our trade in offer and they stated they couldn’t offer anywhere near that, which is odd given they advertise “best price offers”
After immediately declining the offer they continued to contact me repeatedly until I unsubscribed and requested them to cease.

Find out how SellMyCar.com.au compares to other Online Vehicle Sales Sites

Low ball price, you have to go to them and pay them a fee for the privilege of them buying your car

Don’t use these guys, they low ball you, if you sell them a car they keep it while you wait for payment and the charge you a fee for the privilege of them buying your car !

I got a better price from another buyer, they came to me, payed cash and picked up the car, was seamless and heaps easier than these guys.

Bernard.
Bernard.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

don’tsellmycar.com.au

Unfortunately I need to concur with the bulk of people that have offered up reviews over the last couple of months. These guys rely on the “it’s only an estimate” get-out. Which is fair enough as many vehicles wouldn’t meet the min criteria. In my case though, it wasn’t even the ‘offer’ that came in low - the estimate itself (!) fell by $4,000 in around 7 working days....on a car that more than met the minimum criteria. I’m commercial about the worth of any car, but that’s just bad form.

Time Wasting

Terrible offer for honest vehicle, no negotiations. Advised to use Car Sales and confirmed the low asking price will be easily achieved there.

Wasted my time

FredN
FredN

Online reviews misleading

Wanting to sell a 2009 Elantra - online offer was $6000, but when I fronted with the vehicle was offered $3000 with all sorts of excuses and disclaimers. Waste of time!

Gordon and Roz
Gordon and RozSydney

Bit of a waste of time

This was a waste of time. I was expecting to be told the car was not in perfect condition and therefore they couldn't pay the quoted price, but I wasn't expecting to be told my type of car isn't selling well at the moment and they could only offer just over half the price they quoted. They know when you book exactly what the make and model is so why not tell you then!

They only offered what the car dealers offered and I don't mind that but I wasted half a day to find that out. On a more positive note, the guy I dealt with was very professional and I have no complaints about him.

Alex
Alex

Waste of time

A received a on line price for my Ford Fairmont. So I took a half day of work to take the car to there Blacktown store to meet with Francis. He was friendly enough but didn't know much about cars. He asked if my Ford Fairmont was a V6? And then said it sounds like your missing a few cylinders! The car is in a good and neat condition. He didn't come close to the price they quoted online. I didn't want the on line price but I wanted a fair price! Wasted my time and money from work!!

Yogs
YogsSydney

Total Waste of Time

Agree with many other reviews - was given an online offer of $12300 and duly booked my appointment at their Parramatta Road office only to then be told $9000 on the day.
Granted I only had Rego for 6 months but that certainly doesn't cost over 3K and the car was in otherwise immaculate condition with all paperwork present & correct.
This was the only point of difference from the details I had provided online.
The guy on the day was at least good enough to suggest I might get $10,000 by private sale (I got $11,000 the following week) which is the only reason for an extra star. .
As other reviewers have said, the Used Car Trade doesn't have a bad reputation for nothing - I wouldn't use this mob again. . .

Find out how SellMyCar.com.au compares to other Online Vehicle Sales Sites

They were able to cover my outstanding debt, however, they used an overpriced evaluation to lure me

Buyer said he would talk to IT dept about overpriced valuation....
Interested to know how often that happens.
Otherwise a pleasant transaction.

Paul
PaulMelbourne

Don't expect too much.

Filled out the online form and was required to ring them to complete the valuation. They couldn't help me at the time but promised to call back. That never happened. Sounds like a waste of time if you are trying to dispose of an old vehicle, even for peanuts.

Got a terrible price. Feel ripped off

Got a terrible price. Feel ripped off. I wouldn't recommend this business to anyone I know in the future. That's all I want to say.

Scott S.
Scott S.asked

Hi. I have a 2008 Ford Falcon BF. LPG. MK2 and has done 204875 km. It was recently in a small accident causing damage to the front and front right of the car. The car can still be driven

Mel
Melasked

Hello I have just booked an appointment to take my car into one of sellyourcar.com car yards the closest to me is in Dandenong. I am selling my much loved Mercedes’s CLC kompressor because I have to. I can’t afford to get 12 months rego on the car and it runs out in a few weeks . Also there is a graze on the corner of the front bumper and the front blind to the sunroof needs replacement clips which aren’t expensive but I’m in a position I have to sell. I’m also the second owner but should that make a difference if we both looked after the car. All these things will bring the estimated price quoted down but how much lower would the estimate be. I’m really in a between a rock and a hard place. the estimate was around $8,500. My car is really in terrific condition apart from these few things. Can anyone please help me? Thank you. Mel

Daniel OSellMyCar.com.au

Hi Mel ,Apologies for the late reply. I have just seen your message and your appt booking for yesterday at 9am. I can see that you didnt attend your appointment, perhaps because you are hesitant to sell and unsure how the online price will differ at an appointment. I will ask the buyer at Dandenong to contact you and have a chat about the pricing Thanks Mel.

jake
jakeasked

hi I have a ford fg xr6 ute 2009 auto was wondering weather or not you guys would be interested in buying an how much I would be looking at?

Get an answer from our members and SellMyCar.com.au representatives