SellMyCar.com.au

See the Best Online Vehicle Sales Sites in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SellMyCar.com.au

David C
David CVictoria

Disappointing outcome

My car was obviously too good for their use. They low balled the final offer, despite suggesting earlier it was worth around 15% more. A disappointing outcome which they did not get the benefit of

Wim
WimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smooth selling process, but you will get a lot less than the initial evaluation

Really smooth online process, knowledgeable staff and super quick to arrange.
However, your expectation management will be set incorrectly by their high initial estimation of the car's value. They assume the car to be brand new (which is never the case), especially not if you car is more than a few years old. I got less than 50% of the initial estimated value that they first gave me.
That just seems misleading to me.

Alistair
AlistairSydney, NSW

So far so good!

Michael was honest and open about the selling options by giving a current evalaution price against market value. never forced for a decision to be made on the spot. hoping to close out the sale.

Luke
LukeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good option for selling your car fast, but far from decent price

It was a good experience, however I can't understand why the initial estimate provided for sale is 'market value' of the vehicle. The car is being handed over to Manheim auctions who are NEVER going to get near that price.

In saying that, service was friendly and upfront.

Fast efficient

They were quick and clear with all aspects, payment was fast and hassle free. My face to face person Darren , was terrific

Ray
RayBrisbane

Disappointed

Quoted $6200 online, reasonable value but expected less. Booked inspection, and got a call on the morning to say the boss had instructed not to buy any of my model due to transmission faults and airbag recalls. If they knew their stuff, they'd know my model doesn't have the gearbox which has the issues nor is subject to airbag recalls. If they don't want any of my model, just say we're not buying any at the moment and don't make up crap stories. Only giving 3 stars because they had the respect to call and save me a 50km round trip.

Deb
DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

On line valuation gives false hope

Somehow my car was worth $2600 less than their online valuation despite having over $1000 more in features. A waste of time.

Don't believe the online quote

Was quoted $27,000 online, on site offer was $23,000 then we agreed upon $24,000 To me this was a fair price that I'm happy with.
I didn't expect to get the full price however they are clearly over quoting to get you in the door.
The visit was quick and convenient.

Do Not put too much expectation of your car's value.

Do Not put too much expectation on the value of the vehicle you have lol, just take few thousand dollars off of the evaluation online.

Jess
JessIndooroopilly

Online quote was way off the mark!

Louise B
Louise BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Indicative Price significantly more than final offer

Made an appointment for my car and was given an indicative price. All details I entered were accurate and there was nothing misleading (80000 k's, partial service history, only four years old, no panel damage, spotless inside).
Price offered was $4k less so very misleading. Reasoning was poor; they haven't sold one previously.

Overall ok

Easy way to sell. Lack customer service and can't follow simple payout instructions but an easy process to sell quickly

Sold Car.

Sold my car.
The process was quite easy and quick. The sales person was nice, but the price they offered me was below market value. There was a difference of $3000 between the online quote and the actual price that was offered in person.

Over estimated.

The online valuator, well over valuated our vehicle and made the end sale price disappointing, this needs to be rectified in order for me to use it again.

Expect less money but quick service

Was selling a top condition car. You don't get the website offer unfortunately, expect trade in prices rather than what you could sell for privately (e.g for a 10k car privately they will probably offer you 7k). Your paying for the convenience of not having to sell it yourself and it's a high figure if your cash strapped. Depending on the car and how easy it is to sell that may be a good or bad thing.

Scott S.
Scott S.asked

Hi. I have a 2008 Ford Falcon BF. LPG. MK2 and has done 204875 km. It was recently in a small accident causing damage to the front and front right of the car. The car can still be driven

Mel
Melasked

Hello I have just booked an appointment to take my car into one of sellyourcar.com car yards the closest to me is in Dandenong. I am selling my much loved Mercedes’s CLC kompressor because I have to. I can’t afford to get 12 months rego on the car and it runs out in a few weeks . Also there is a graze on the corner of the front bumper and the front blind to the sunroof needs replacement clips which aren’t expensive but I’m in a position I have to sell. I’m also the second owner but should that make a difference if we both looked after the car. All these things will bring the estimated price quoted down but how much lower would the estimate be. I’m really in a between a rock and a hard place. the estimate was around $8,500. My car is really in terrific condition apart from these few things. Can anyone please help me? Thank you. Mel

Daniel OSellMyCar.com.au

Hi Mel ,Apologies for the late reply. I have just seen your message and your appt booking for yesterday at 9am. I can see that you didnt attend your appointment, perhaps because you are hesitant to sell and unsure how the online price will differ at an appointment. I will ask the buyer at Dandenong to contact you and have a chat about the pricing Thanks Mel.

jake
jakeasked

hi I have a ford fg xr6 ute 2009 auto was wondering weather or not you guys would be interested in buying an how much I would be looking at?

Get an answer from our members and SellMyCar.com.au representatives