SEM Fusion Z-7799

SEM Fusion Z-7799

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best sounds system I've ever used

for the price you pay compared to other major brands this is one of the best sound systems that I've ever used.
the wireless speakers mean you can set it up anywhere around the room and not have to worry about it being close to the main unit. only fault i would give it is the remote... i had trouble getting it to work (found out later that the batteries were dead and the batteries that the remote takes are not normal batteries and are hard to find)
would 100% recommend this product despite what the other reviews say.

Not recommended

I was shopping around for a 2.1 channel home theatre system but in particular one that offered a digital coax audio channel so I could connect my LED directly to improve the tinny sound. There were only a few options available ranging from Philips, Samsung and Wharfedale. These were very expensive for what they offered and I only wanted to spend no more than $350.00. Enter the SEM Fusion Z-7799.

I came across this by chance on the Top Buy website but they were selling it for $399.00 plus delivery. I did some further research and Googling and found one through a Western Australian retailer with an ebay shop. Their price was $299.00 plus $34.00 delivery to Melbourne.

I purchased the item and received it a few days later undamaged. So far, so good. The box was quite heavy which gave me the impression that this was a quality product. I unpacked the different components and was disappointed when I found that the main unit and speakers were nothing more than cheap plastic. All the weight was in the subwoofer which was also made of plastic.

I wasn't prepared to send it back and proceeded to set it all up. I hit the power button and played around with the metal remote only to find that nothing worked apart from turning on the head unit. I checked the remote battery which is a round flat CR-2032 model and the date on the battery was 2009. I went and bought a replacement placed it in the remote only to find that I couldn't get any response from the head unit. Now I'm starting to think that I was sent a damaged item. I persevered and hooked up all the cables according and tried again. Bingo. I had lift off. I inserted a DVD and once again I was disappointed. The volume output wasn't what I expected. Even at maximum level, it's still slightly low especially in a big room like mine. The sound is actually quite pathetic.

The SEM Fusion allegedly has a retail price of $970.00 and I'm thankful that I didn't pay the full price. It's simply not worth $1000.00. Everything is plastic except the remote which is made of metal. I think a more realistic retail price for the Fusion is $250.00 and I can't see how the company arrived at a price of $970.00 especially when you consider it's made in China. Its rivals include Yamaha, Panasonic, Sony and Samsung to name a few and in the $1000.00 price range you'll do much better with the bigger brand name units.

The only real positives of the SEM Fusion are that it looks good and has a wireless subwoofer plus it has a digital coax connector for LED TV's and wireless sub woofer. Other than that I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with a big room. It's more suited to an apartment.

I've now had a couple of days to play around with it and it's developed some annoying faults. The main head unit switches itself on at random intervals. The clock function doesn't work and discs stop playing after about 10 minutes. I then have to swith the unit off and start the whole process again.

Do not waste your money on this piece of junk.
Design, wireless sub woofer
Almost everything else

Thank you on your feed back. I saw this brand on a sales website and I had never heard of it. It looks good, but as the saying goes, "too good to be true" sums it up. Cheers!Thank you you have saved me $$$ had been wondering for sometime about how good it was since it is being sold so cheaply yet RRP was so very high..Thanks it helps me make my buying decision.