Seniors Car Insurance

Seniors Car Insurance Questions & Answers

Verifiedseniors.com.au🏆 2024 Award
Peter
Peter · Seniors Car Insurance

Hi do Australian seniors insure electric cars

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Peter, We currently offer cover on various hybrid models, and some full electric model vehicles.

Electric vehicles are reviewed against a certain criterion for acceptance.
We will be able consider offering cover for the vehicle if the car is able to be serviced by the Insurers’ suppliers and if it meets our Insurers’ specifications.

Please don't hesitate to contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST to discuss your query further or send me a private message with your contact number and I can arrange for our team to be in touch.

weevil69
weevil69 · Seniors Car Insurance

Choose repairer

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out with your question.

As our car insurance policy does not offer a “choice of repairer" option we’ll assign a network repairer to your claim.
If there is no network repairer close to you, you will have the option of choosing a local repairer however we may require a second quote to ensure it is fair and reasonable.

For more information, please visit our website, external link  or you can contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST.

June Brannigan · Seniors Car Insurance

I am confused as to why Australian Seniors gets such glowing reviews when they are underwritten by Hollard which gets the worst reviews I have ever heard?
I have insured both my cars with AS and was looking at adding the roadside assist and only just realised the connection. Does anyone have experience with this? Many thanks.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi June, Thank you for reaching out with your query and we are sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction during your experience.

Our team would love the opportunity to discuss your feedback further with you and any concerns that you might have.

If you are open to this, can you please send me a private message with one of your policy numbers and I can arrange for one of our team members to be in touch with you.

June Brannigan

I didn’t say I was dissatisfied, I have had no reason to claim as of now. I wondered how the reviews on here differ so much for two companies involved in the same product.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi June, Thank you for your reply and I apologise for my misunderstanding.

We appreciate the feedback that you have provided.

It is important for us to hear from our customers throughout their journeys, with Product Review being a great way for customers to share their feedback with us and the public, although they are under no obligation to do so.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team if you would like to discuss your queries further.

Tess
Tess

The only reviews I could see here were from people who DID NOT MAKE A CLAIM!!!
Problems begin when a claim is made with most insurers. Another question would be: WHY there are no reviews from people who had to claim? I think I can guess.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Tess, Thank you for reaching out.

Whilst a majority of our reviews are submitted by customers who have recently purchased a policy, we have also received reviews from customers who have had a claims experience, however, as mentioned, customers have no obligation to leave a review.

You can also filter through our many reviews based on whether a claim has been made or not, if you would like to look into this further.

June Brannigan

Have a look on the reviews of Hollard. I just hope I don’t have a problem before next years renewal.

louise j.
louise j.

I just signed up 2 cars with seniors and THEN read Hollard reviews . I nearly fell over. Every product of Hollard has over 90% negative feedback. Trying to cancel now but no one getting back to me .

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Louise, Thank you for letting us know, I am sorry to hear about any dissatisfaction caused.

It's disappointing to hear you've had an unpleasant experience with us. We strive to ensure that all our customers receive the best customer service experience and we take all customer feedback on board in order to improve our processes.

We would like the opportunity to contact you to discuss this further, can you please reply to my private message to arrange for one of our Senior team members to assist you.

June Brannigan

When I called with the same problem all you pretty much was said you couldn’t really comment and gave me Hollards number to take it up with them!

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi June, Thank you for your reply, I am sorry for any frustrations you have experienced.

If you would also like assistance, can you please reply to my private message and I can organise for one of our team members to contact you on your behalf.

June Brannigan

Is there really any point? We have two cars with you, this is the second year on one, the first on the other. We have not had to make a claim, hopefully we won’t. But if we did it seems you do not handle claims yourself, it would go straight through to Hollard. This is what I was told. So it is what it is.

Hi June,
Thank you for your reply and the feedback provided.

If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Aaron J. · Seniors Car Insurance

How old do you have to be to be eligible for seniors car insurance?

Karen Holliday
Karen Holliday

Over 50

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Aaron, Thank you for reaching out.

If you would like to get in touch with our team, please let me know and I can have this arranged on your behalf.

Thanks Scott,
As my wife and I are now over 50 I would like to see how competitive Australian Seniors Car Insurance is compared to our current provider. Cheers Aaron

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Aaron, Thank you for your reply and for sharing this with us.

If you would like any assistance with how our policy is designed, please let us know and we will do our best to assist you.

Eric H.
Eric H. · Comprehensive Car Insurance

I want to buy car insurance for the car owned by my son, but I am the frequent regular driver, would the policy coverage apply including new car replacement as I am the policyholder ?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Eric, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

To best answer your question specific to your needs, can you please reply to my private message with your contact number and I can arrange for our team to be in touch with you to discuss further.

Tracey
Tracey · Seniors Car Insurance

Do you do company car insurance?

Mark Spartalis
Mark Spartalis

Not sure

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Tracey, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

If your vehicle is used for both private and business purposes, you can arrange a quote or find more information through our website, external link

However, we are unable to offer Car Insurance when the vehicle is used for business purposes only.

Please don't hesitate to contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST, if you would like to discuss your query further.

unhappy customer · Seniors Car Insurance

I am due to renew my comprehensive car insurance, and I have just spent an hour reading reviews of Australian Seniors as number one. Its not a true comparison with other insurers. NO REVIEWERS HAVE MADE ANY CLAIMS? It seems most are happy with the policy cost, online process to join, customer support to join, but how does Australian Seniors Car Insurance compare when it comes to making claims? Can some comments on claims be included in Product Review please?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out.

It is important for us to hear from our customers throughout their journeys, with Product Review being a great way for customers to share their feedback with us and the public.

Whilst a majority of our reviews are submitted by customers who have recently purchased a policy, they are under no obligation to do so. We love hearing all customer thoughts and take all feedback on board to assist with improving the services we provide.

Contact.firstname
Contact.firstname

I have only just joined myself. You just have to trust your insurance company and hope you never have to make a claim. I found that no one had made a claim in the reviews myself. At least Seniors will answer when you call them though. Everything seems to be above board.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi there, Thank you for your reply, we appreciate your feedback.

If you would like to discuss your policy with us, please do not hesitate to contact us.

unhappy customer

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not sure about the trust thing, so have gone with "the Devil I know", who was excellent at handling a Claim recently, but I always compare before renewing.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi there, I appreciate your comment.

Please let us know if you require any assistance regarding our insurance.

unhappy customer

Not this time, thank you. I'll wait until I can see a more comprehensive set of reviews which includes comments on your CLAIMS Performance as well. Thank you for your reply to my query.

Fiona
Fiona

I thought the same thing but then I realised that no one is posting here about experiences with claims being good or bad so that is pretty good I suppose? In that, no one has had a really bad experience at least that they had to go on and tell us?

Dee · Seniors Car Insurance

Do you insure motor scooters?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Dee, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

You can add the Portable Valuables option to your contents insurance to cover mobility devices such as motorised mobility scooters.
The Portable Valuables optional extra can cover you for accidental loss or damage to your eligible contents anywhere in Australia.

However, some general exclusions do apply to all covers under the policy, including gradual deterioration and wear and tear (you can find more about general exclusions listed in our Policy Booklet).

More information can be found in our Policy Booklet, external link  or you can contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST.

Hi Alisa,

A little confusion, I think. This is not a mobility sooter, it is a motor scooter- a registered motor vehicle. It is a Vespa 300cc that I have just bought.

Regards.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Dee, Thank you for your reply and I apologise for my misunderstanding.

We don’t offer insurance for motor scooters or motorbikes, however, we do offer Comprehensive, Pay As You Drive, Third Party Fire & Theft and Third Party Property Damage for cars only.

Thank you.

Ken · Seniors Car Insurance

Hi
I wonder could you please advise if any insured person exceeds the Odometer's limits of 'pay as you go or drive less pay less ' and unfortunately has to make a claim, how that is considered by Senior Car Insurance. Thanks

Stormy
Stormy

From their web page, “… you can apply to increase your kilometres over the phone at any time should you end up driving more than expected.”

Ken

Thanks but my question has an additional info-if that person is unlucky to claim and exceeded the limit - how that is considered by Senior Car Insurance. Thanks

Perhaps this may kindly be answered by the Senior Car Insurance. Thanks

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Ken, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

If you have Pay As You Drive car insurance and you make a claim, an Outside odometer excess may be applicable if your odometer reading is either below the start odometer or above the end odometer as stated on your Certificate of Insurance.
You can find more information on our Product Disclosure Statement, external link

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST, if you would like to discuss any queries further, or please send me a private message with your policy or phone number and I can arrange our team to be in touch.

Ken

Thanks Alisa for the kind response.

Prue T. · Seniors Car Insurance

Is a seniors card required or proof og age for thus insurance ?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Prue, Thank you for reaching out to Australian Seniors. We’re committed to providing real value for over 50s, however we do also provide insurance to those who are not yet seniors. We do not ask for a Senior's card.

For more information, please visit our website when you would be able to apply for a quote.

Link: external link

Alternatively, can you please reply to my private message to arrange for one of our team members to assist with any further queries.

Prue T.

Do you provide insurance for a Tesla.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Prue, We currently offer cover on various hybrid models, and some full electric model vehicles.
Electric vehicles are reviewed against a certain criterion for acceptance. We will be able to consider offering cover for the vehicle if the car is able to be serviced by the Insurers’ suppliers and if it meets our Insurers’ specifications.

You can find out more by applying for a quote online.

Link: external link

Keith D
Keith D · Seniors Car Insurance

How do I change my home address?

Erika W.
Erika W.

log in to your account with Aus. seniors and you can change your details

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Keith, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

You can contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST to assist you further or log into our online portal at external link

Alternatively, you can reply to my private message with your policy number and I can arrange for one of our team members to be in touch with you.

Steve
Steve · Seniors Car Insurance

We have a Tesla Model 3 LR (2022) - why cant we insure it with you?

Brian R
Brian R

not sure of the answer steve , need to ask seniors insurance, however, several years ago I had a Mercedes and found several companies refused to insure it as well.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Steve, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

Electric vehicles are reviewed against a certain criterion for acceptance.

Please don't hesitate to contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST if you wish to discuss this further.

Michael Attia · Comprehensive Car Insurance

do you have a claim bonus protection if move my car insurance from my current company to you?
Am I covered for towing costs? Is I am covered for Accidental loss or damage? do you give loyalty discount?
If I have another policy do you give more discount?

12h ago
If I have another policy do you give more discount?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Michael, Thank you for reaching out with your queries.

To best assist in answering your questions, can you please reply to my private message with your contact number and I can arrange for one of our helpful team members to contact you to discuss further.

You can also visit our website for more information, at external link  or contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST.

John S.
John S. · Seniors Car Insurance

Why as a car gets older, value deteriates yet premiums increase, WHY.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi John, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

Your insurance premium is likely to change each year when you renew your policy, even if your personal circumstances have not changed.

You can find more information about the criteria that may affect your base premium in our Premium, Excess and Discount Guide on our website, external link

Alternatively, you can contact our team on 1300 050 510, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, AEST, to discuss your particular policy in more depth.

Trev b
Trev b · Seniors Car Insurance

l am over 65 but my son and daughter are 35 and 31 respectively, can l list them as drivers on my policy

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Trev, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

Can you please reply to my private message with your policy number and I can arrange for one of our team members to be in contact with you to assist you further.

Kenneth C.
Kenneth C. · Seniors Car Insurance

Can you pay car insurance half yearly

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Kenneth, Thank you for reaching out with your query.
You can pay your car insurance premiums monthly, or pay less for an annual payment option.

You can find more information about our Car Insurance on our website, external link  or you can contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST.

Jennifer C.
Jennifer C. · Seniors Car Insurance

Has anyone made a claim . How long do they take to process it .

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

Please don't hesitate to contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST, to discuss any questions that you might have about our cover or the claim process.

Alternatively, if you would like for me to arrange for one of our helpful team members to be in touch with you, please send me a private message with your contact number.

John A.
John A. · Seniors Car Insurance

Need quote

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi John, Thank you for reaching out.

You can arrange a quote for your car on our website, external link

Alternatively, if you would like for me to arrange one of our team members to contact you, please reply to my private message with your contact number.

Mike N.
Mike N. · Seniors Car Insurance

Do you cover hail damage?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Mike, Thank you for reaching out with your query.

Our Comprehensive policy covers you for all major events like collision, fire, theft and malicious damage and also for natural events like storm and hail damage.

You can find more information on our website, external link

Alternatively, you can contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST.

Madge L.
Madge L. · Third Party Property, Fire and Theft Car Insurance

i am looking formy 2004year sona04A CTP Insurancewould you be .i would how muc would it cost for 12 months. i am senior of 83 and i have had no car accident .cheers Madge

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Madge, Thank you for reaching out.
At Australian Seniors, we can provide Third Party Property Damage, Third Party Fire and Theft, Pay As You Drive or Comprehensive insurance for vehicles.

To find more information about our products, you can visit our website, external link  or contact our team on 1300 027 891, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm, AEST.

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives

Select a listing for your question
Seniors Car Insurance

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Seniors Car Insurance is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2020. Learn more