29 questions from our users

Sharyn

Sharynasked

What age do you have to be to get insurance from seniors car insurance

Hi Sharyn,
Thank you for reaching out. The minimum age is 17 years of age with a valid license to drive in Australia.
If you would like more information feel free to contact us on 1300 090 621 or visit our website https://www.seniors.com.au/car-insurance
Alisa

yoshi

yoshiasked

is this for only senior?

Tyrone
Tyrone

I am not sure. You will need to check with them.

Hi Yoshi,
To help us offer affordable, fair car insurance premiums for the majority of people, we do have age restrictions on our policies. Generally, we insure drivers up to 99 years of age. However, certain vehicles have higher age minimums. If you would like to speak with one of our team members, please reply to my private message with your name and contact details.
Alisa

Robin

Robinasked

can i get a quote online?

Gregory
Gregory

Seniors Car Insurance offers a "Quote on Line" service and their on line format is very easy to navigate.

Hi Robin,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. You can obtain a quote via our website: https://www.seniors.com.au/car-insurance. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 13 13 43.

Susan E.

Susan E.asked

I live on the Mornington Peninsula.......can you please list the panel shops that you refer to for repairs.

Hi Susan,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information to assist with your request.

Koko

Kokoasked

Most of the feedback here is about buying a policy. To be fair, buying a policy is the relatively easy part. I would really value to find out about experiences that clients had when submitting claims: e.g. speed, efficiency, expertise of staff, level of satisfaction with outcome. Many thanks!

dddbbbasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Have any of you seniors Insurance buyers tried to use Digicall Assist roadside assistance that was included as an option in your policy? I just rang to see where my welcome pack is after including this in my car insurance. The Australian Insurance person said up to 45 days to get this. I am a 2 hour drive from Sydney and I am worried this will not be reliable.

John

Johnasked

Hello
What Roadside Assist Company do you use for vehicle breakdowns?
John

Hi John,
Thank you for your question. Our roadside assist is provided by Digicall Assist, one of Australia’s largest premium automotive assistance providers, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year Australia-wide. If you would like further details please refer to the roadside terms and conditions on our website https://www.seniors.com.au/car-insurance/roadside-assistance.

Maria
Maria

Nrma

Kar Chan W.
Kar Chan W.

I am member of RAC in WA and have access to RAC breakdown service which is gr8.

Caliola

Caliolaasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Can you tell me if you will cancel my existing insurer for me if I join yours ?

Hi Caliola,
Thank you for your question. If you join our company, you will still need to contact your previous insurer and cancel your policy yourself.

George A.
George A.

Can you give me a quote on car insurance

Hi George A,
Thank you for your enquiry. If you would like a quote on our car insurance, can you please reply to the private message I have sent with your contact details and I will arrange this for you. Alternatively, you can call 13 13 43 or visit our website https://www.seniors.com.au/ for a quote.

robert c

robert casked

recommended crash repairers in Adelaide

Hi Robert C,
Thank you for your question. If you still need further assistance with a repairer, I will need to arrange for a team member to contact you. Can you please reply to the private message I have sent requesting additional information. Alternatively, please call 13 13 43 and speak with a lovely team member.

Ray

Rayasked

Has anyone made a claim and what was their experience please?
Ray

dddbbb

I want to know this too. I have signed up and got the email to review, which I will not do until a claim is made. From the comments on Home insurance, I won't be leaving my current insurer in a hurry.

Andrew G

Andrew Gasked

Do seniors do caravan insurance

Hi Andrew G.,
Thank you for your question. Outlined in our PDS is a section on trailers and caravans where we will pay up to $1000.00 to cover the costs of any accidental loss or damage to a trailer or caravan that occurs while it was attached to your car. If you would like to know more please refer to our PDS https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-car-insurance-pds.pdf.

Nedasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Please beware everyone, as I have done research into why Seniors has such a "great rating", they have been artificially inflating their 5 star reviews with forced reviews for signing up, not for real life experiences for claim handling!
Read this customers experience:

Lois
Cost effective
Have only just taken out policy and therefore unable to answer most of the queries above. Have nothing more to add, but unfortunately I have to place 30 words here, which I find ridiculous.

When you read through all the sign ups, note how repetitive they are on signing up e.g great service, excellent sales person etc. Around 1 percent reviews are on actual claims handling so do not be mislead.

This is why they have the best rated near 5 star insurance reviews in all their insurance categies rating. EXPOSED!! (I am not even a customer, just looking for good Home insurance)
So please be aware of this everyone before deciding.

Ned

No wonder the Royal Commission investigation into the Insurance industry was so damming.

Hi Ned,
I understand you want to make an informed decision when choosing home and contents insurance. I appreciate that you wish to take into consideration the full journey our customers have taken, from the purchase of their policy through to their claims experiences. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few concerns that you have raised within your comments. It is important for us to hear from our customers throughout their journeys, with Product Review being a great way for customers to share their feedback with us and the public. Whilst a majority of our reviews are submitted by customers who have recently purchased a policy, they are under no obligation to do so. As you would have seen, the number of customers wishing to share their claims experiences is beginning to increase. We love hearing all customer thoughts and take all feedback on board to assist with improving the services we provide. We would like to speak with you further about your concerns surrounding the validity of our reviews and have sent you a private message if you are open to this.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Has anyone had to make a claim, how good was the policy? How was the process?

Doreen M

Doreen Masked

Where do I get a quote online for my car? Thanks

Hi Doreen,
Thank you for reaching out. You can obtain a quote via our website: https://www.seniors.com.au/ or alternatively, I can arrange for one of our team to contact you and provide you with a quote over the phone. If you would like a call, please send me a private message with your best contact number.

terry

terryasked

Does your car insurance cover all windows in the car or just the front windscreen?

Hi Terry,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our excess-free windscreen cover only applies to the front windscreen. However, any other damage occurs to other windows is covered under the general policy. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us on 13 13 43.

Siew L.

Siew L.asked

Do policy holders have choice of repairers ? Where are the repairers ?

Hi Siew L.,
Thank you for your question. If you need to make a claim and your car needs repairs, we’ll choose a repairer located as close as possible to your home or work from our extensive repairer network. When you use one of our approved repairers, the repairs are covered by a guarantee, so long as you remain the registered owner of the vehicle.
If you prefer to choose your own repairer, you can arrange for a quote and send it to us. But please note that we reserve the right to determine and arrange for repairs to be carried out by our preferred repairer. I have sent you a private message requesting your contact details to have a team member reach to you to assist you further.

Irene

Hi Siew L., I believed that you have got the answer from Sharon.
Good luck.
Kind regards

Bev  Muswellbrook

Bev Muswellbrookasked

REviews on claims reliability

Hi Bev,
Thank you for your question. Product Review is a public platform where people can rate and review services and products and the shops that sell them. It is an unbiased user experience and it assists other potential customers to make better informed decisions when purchasing a product or service. A customer can submit a review at any point and can share their experience on Product Review. It may be that they only obtained a quote, or they may have proceeded with a purchase or claim. To learn more about reviews you can review further information on the Product Reviews Help Centre https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us .

Dave Thomsonasked

All these reviews are useless not ONE of them tell you what this company is like when you actually MAKE a claim of course their going to be nice on the phone their TAKING your money they wouldn't be anything else so come on Seniors where's the claims ?

Hi David,
Sharon

If you look at the review profile, they rated quite low until the last 12 months. I suspect they had a big drive to get people to review them as soon as they signed up. Agreed that this is pretty much meaningless - claims experience and repair quality is the only really relevant stat.

Dave Thomson

Spot on Mark the only way you'll find out what a real insurance company is like is when you actually claim as I found out to my dismay with APIA but I cancelled with them and they lost a good customer their fault entirely ,not the way to do business.
regards,
Dave

Jenny

Jennyasked

I want to see reviews about claims not just the price and ease of setting up policy.

Vortex Spinner

Totally agree these reviews are absolutely useless

91Mah
91Mah

I would like to know this information too. OK to get a cheaper policy, but if it doesn't work when you need to use it - then it doesn't save you any stress or money at all.

Hi 91Mah,
Thank you for your comment. All of our customers have an opportunity to leave a review on their experience, at any stage of their policy. I can advise that Hollard Insurance, who underwrite Australian Seniors car insurance, pay 99% of all car claims made.

gillangakoon

gillangakoonasked

Has anybody experienced the service for a claim

Joan Turner
Joan Turner

Hi gillangakoon,
I recently investigated renewing the insurance of our 2 cars from another company, we already have our house and contents with Australian Seniors and was delighted with the service and the speed it was all handled plus it was quite a lot cheaper than where we were, better still it was all done speaking to a real person

Vortex Spinner

Quicker, cheaper, a real person... I wished someone would get real and describe their experience with a real claim

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives