Seniors Car Insurance

Seniors Car Insurance Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verifiedseniors.com.au🏆 2024 Award
Hong · Seniors Car Insurance

Hi,

I'm currently looking into car insurance for my partner and came across your brand,

Is it only for seniors?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Hong, Thank you for reaching out. The minimum age to purchase Australian Seniors Car Insurance is 17 years of age with a valid license to drive in Australia. If you would like for me to arrange one of our team members to be in touch with you, please provide your best contact number and I will organise this for you.

Hi Alisa,

Thank you for the prompt reply- I had automatically assumed you only provider service/products to a particular age group and didn't think it further when I saw the brand name.

I can be contacted on 0491001560 to discuss car insurance

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Hong, Thank you for providing this information. I have passed your request on to the relevant team who will be in touch with you to discuss your queries further.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Hong, I understand that one of our team members have been in touch to discuss your queries with you further. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require any further assistance.

Hi Alisa,

Thank you for the follow-up.

That's correct and I have now since taken out car insurance with Australian Seniors. It was a seamless process.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Hong, Thank you for your response, I am glad to hear.

NewDownUnder
NewDownUnder · Seniors Car Insurance

Hello Australian Seniors team,

I am interested in getting car insurance from your company and would appreciate it if you could clear up the ambiguity in the question ‘at what age did the main driver get a full driver’s licence?’ on the online car insurance questionnaire. I understand a learner’s licence is not counted, but is a ‘full driver’s licence’ inclusive of probationary driving licence?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. This is the year the driver first obtained their driver’s licence. This does not include ‘Learners’ licences or permits, however, will include ‘P’ licences. The year the licence was obtained can be either in Australia or internationally. If you would like to discuss your queries further with one of our team members, please send me a private message with your contact number and I can arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

wayne rath
wayne rath · Seniors Car Insurance

can I use my preferred repairer

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Wayne, Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. If you need to make a claim and your car needs repairs, we’ll choose a repairer located as close as possible to your home or work from our extensive repairer network. When you use one of our approved repairers, the repairs are covered by a guarantee, so long as you remain the registered owner of the vehicle.

Chaltu
Chaltu · Seniors Car Insurance

How much do you guys charge for p1 and 2?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Chaltu, Thank you for reaching out. To arrange a quote on a policy specific to your needs, you can visit our website https://quoter.seniors.com.au/Car/YourCar/OEFL8T0Q#_ga=2.254630600.1772587675.1599793944-446545272.1594598222
Alternatively, if you would like for me to organise for one of our team members to be in touch, please provide me with your full name and contact number and I will request for the relevant team to be in contact with you to discuss further.

Deborah W.
Deborah W. · Seniors Car Insurance

I’m 49 can I join your company

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Deborah, Thank you for reaching out, the minimum age to set up a policy with Australian Seniors is 17 years of age with a valid license to drive in Australia. If you would like me to arrange for one of our team members to reach out to you to discuss further, please send me a private message with your contact details.
Alternatively, you can visit our website for more information external link

pete
pete · Seniors Car Insurance

Who are your preferred repairers on the Mornington Penninsular e.g Rye 3941

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Pete, Thank you for reaching out, I'd like to organise for one of our team members to reach out to discuss your repairer options with you. Can you please reply to my private message with your policy or contact details and I can arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Pete, I understand that you have spoken to one of our team members at the Lake Haven store to discuss your questions. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further queries.

Dennis
Dennis · Seniors Car Insurance

Could you please let me know your email address as I would like to contact you regarding comprehensive insurance.
I am currently with a major insurance company but I am looking for a better deal after 30+ years with the insurance company.
I am asking early because my current policy expires in December but I would like to get a concrete idea of what your charges would be as I travel less than 5000km per year and advice on what policy would be most suitable for me?
Thanks in advance.
P.S. could you please go via message?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Dennis, Thank you for reaching out, our email address is customercare@insurance.seniors.com.au
You can also find more information on our website, external link
Alternatively, if you would like to speak to one of our team members, please reply to my private message with your full name along with your contact number, and I will arrange for the relevant team to reach out.

PC134
PC134 · Seniors Car Insurance

I'm looking at switching to you guys,.
Currently have 60% NCB with current insurer, how do I check online what I'm getting from you.
PC

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi PC134, Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. At Australian Seniors, we believe in giving all our customers real savings and real value right from the start. So instead of promising you a no claim bonus sometime in the future, we give you lower-cost insurance from the day you join. We work out your premium by considering factors like your age, your location and your insurance history, then give you the best possible deal every time. To find out how much you could save, get an online car insurance quote today.

WHJB
WHJB

Have 3 policies. Suggest you get an online quote or gove them a ring

Sandra
Sandra · Comprehensive Car Insurance

How old do you have to be to get Seniors car Insurance

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Sandra, Thank you for reaching out to us. The minimum age for a Seniors Car Insurance policy is 17 years of age with a valid license to drive in Australia. For more information, you can visit our website external link
Alternatively, if you would like to speak to one of our team members, please send me a private message with your contact details and I can arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

Barry J Vincent · Seniors Car Insurance

I have a 2007 Mazda Ute single cabin two wheel drive. It has never been used as a work (trades) vehicle and is in excellent condition. It was 11 years old and had only done 64025 kms when I purchased it. I paid $15.990. It now has 91.000 kms. Could I insure it for say. $14.000 instead of the market value which is about $9800

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Barry, Thank you for reaching out to us. I would appreciate the opportunity to arrange for a team member to contact you to assist with your query and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Barry J Vincent

Thanks for responding so quickly to my query Jessica. It's much appreciated.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Barry, I wanted to follow up as I understand that you have spoken with a member of our team in relation to your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

maddo · Comprehensive Car Insurance

I do very little milage,is my insurance cheaper?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Maddo, Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Driving less doesn’t mean you should settle for less. That’s why we offer comprehensive car insurance at a price based on the distance you plan to drive. Whether you only take short trips on your daily routine, or simply plan to enjoy more time off the road, Seniors Pay As You Drive cover ensures you’ll never have to worry about the unexpected happening. Simply advise our team how often (or little) you drive each year, and we’ll prepare a quote based on the number of kilometres. You can even increase your end odometer reading allowance if you need to take a few extra trips.
If you would like to speak with a member of our team about this option, please respond to the private message I have sent you.

THANKS

Thanh H.
Thanh H. · Comprehensive Car Insurance

Hi, where is the repair location,& if not choice of repair, & how to claim when is in car accident involved

regards,

Thanh

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Thanh, Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. If you need to make a claim and your car needs repairs, we’ll choose a repairer located as close as possible to your home or work from our extensive repairer network. When you use one of our approved repairers, the repairs are covered by a guarantee, so long as you remain the registered owner. If you prefer to choose your own repairer, you can arrange for a quote and send it to us. But please note that we reserve the right to determine and arrange for repairs to be carried out by our preferred repairer.
If you need to make a claim, you can do so online through your Car Insurance Account or by contacting us on 13 13 43. Further information on how to make a claim, can be found on our website; external link

Itz Me
Itz Me · Seniors Car Insurance

Hi just wondering why both my reviews on Seniors car insurance have been rejected. Both reviews are factual and to the point.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Itz Me, Australian Seniors welcomes all feedback received from our customers. If you are having trouble with your review being posted, we encourage you to reach out to the Product Review team who will be able to discuss this further.

Ray
Ray · Seniors Car Insurance

Why are there no reviews showing customers experience when making a claim after an accident?
Will the company answer this question as well as customers please?

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Ray, Thank you for your question. It is important for us to hear from our customers throughout their journeys, with Product Review being a great way for customers to share their feedback with us and the public. Whilst a majority of our reviews are submitted by customers who have recently purchased a policy, they are under no obligation to do so. We love hearing all customer thoughts and take all feedback on board to assist with improving the services we provide.

Trish W.
Trish W.

I was looking at reviews with the hope of hearing results of claims. Happy or otherwise.
Do you have reviews relating to claims, are customers happy or otherwise

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Trish, Thank you for reaching out to us. Whilst a majority of our reviews are submitted by customers who have recently purchased a policy, we have received some reviews from customers who have had a claims experience. We love hearing all customer thoughts and take all feedback on board to assist with improving the services we provide.

Point of View
Point of View

Hi,
I agree with Trish's question.
If you have feedback from customers with claims experience, can you post them upfront for us to read, please?
It is difficult to trawl through the 1,454 feedback looking for them.
Thank you.
LSu

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi L Su, Thank you for your question. At this time, Product Review doesn't have the functionality to filter reviews regarding if a claim has been made or not and we are unable to change the order in which the reviews are displayed. However, please do not hesitate to send your feedback directly through to Product Review.

sherry t. · Seniors Car Insurance

Do I need to be over 50 years of age to buy car insurance from them?

Paul L.
Paul L.

yes it state insurance for over fiftys

customer relations rep answered 17 in other q&A's... bit confused now

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Sherry, Thank you for reaching out, the minimum age is 17 years of age with a valid license to drive in Australia. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Steve · Seniors Car Insurance

After reading all the reviews everybody seems to agree that they are good value.
What I would like to know is people's opinions on when it comes time to claim for an accident, are they good to deal with, do they repair your car in a timely & efficient manner?
It's no good getting a cheap price if when you need to claim on your policy all you get is the runaround.
Like a lot of the comments on other cheap insures state "You get what you pay for" .......... is this true of Australian Seniors Car Insurance?

Steve · Comprehensive Car Insurance

Do drive less pay less unused kilometers rollover to the next year. Example if i choose 10,000 kms usage for the year & i only do 8,000 do the unused 2,000 km's give me 12,000 km's in year 2 of my policy.

Leigh M
Leigh M

I’m unsure on that, it states that if odometer reading at time of claim is below start or above the end odometer reading you may be subject to extra excess. I’ve got automatic rollover of policy so I would assume as long as your reading is above the stated start reading at time the policy was taken out, and within the selected km’s per year you would still be covered.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Steve, Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. If you purchase 10,000kms and only use 8,000kms the unused will roll over to the next policy period. At renewal it will automatically top up with another 10,000 kms, however as the unused kms roll over you will have 12,000kms to use during the new policy period. You do have the option to reduce the top up amount, which can be done by contacting us prior to your renewal.

Steve

Thank you for your prompt answer to my question. I thought that was so but wanted to clarify.

Ross B.
Ross B. · Seniors Car Insurance

Quote to comprehensive insure 2013 citroen exclusive

Dan
Dan

Please speak to Guy who will help you to get a quote.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Ross, Thank you for reaching out. I'd like to organise for one of our team members to reach out and discuss a quote with you. Can you please reply to my private message with your full name along with your contact number and I will refer this to the relevant team to be in contact.

daisy h.
daisy h. · Seniors Car Insurance

I am the exist member, my name is [Name Removed], I am the existing member of the car insurance. My service No. is MOT [Number Removed]. I joined it on 11 July 2019. However, I never receive a hard copy from your insurance co. Please resend one copy for me. As my insurance is due soon.
Regards Stella

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Stella, Thank you for reaching out to us. I have asked for Product Review to hide your personal details for privacy reasons and escalated your request to the relevant team to assist further.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Stella, Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to look into this for you. A member of our team has arranged for a copy of your Certificate of Insurance to be posted to you and your renewal document will be emailed to you 30 days prior to your renewal.

Jinoos
Jinoos · Seniors Car Insurance

Hi,
I Can see lovely review and I'm interested to get my comprehensive insurance from Australian Seniors , but I have two questions :

1-when you are asking about annual kilometer ,I'm using my car less than 10000Kms a year ,but when I purchased the car its odometer was showing 52000 kilometers so if you divide 50000 by 4 (car is for 2015) it would be 13000 kms per year ,I don't know what should I put ?(divide odometer number by year or my estimation ? maybe last seller was using a lot but not the new owner !!)

2-when you are asking when did you get your license ,I got my license 20 years ago but in Australia I got my license 5 years ago which one should I write (if its for Australia can you correct your form then there shouldn't be any confusion.

Australian Seniors   DM

Hi Jinoos, Thank you for reaching out to us with your questions.
Your start odometer reading is your car's odometer reading that you advise to us before you enter into your period of insurance and as the Pay As You Drive cover is based on the distance you estimate you will be driving during the period of insurance.
Regarding your question about your driving experience, we do factor in the total years you have had a valid driving licence (excluding learner's licence and permits); including an international licence.
If you would like to discuss your queries further with one of our team members, please reply to my private message with your full name along with your best contact number and I will pass these on to the relevant team to reach out.

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors representatives

Select a listing for your question
Seniors Car Insurance

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Seniors Car Insurance is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2020. Learn more