Seniors Funeral Insurance
See the Best Funeral Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

3.7
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (3)
DavidMid North Coast, NSW

cancelled the policy,

I got into financial trouble, trying to cancel the policy, you took 4 mths and everyweek
Tryed to take money out of account,
Leaving me with $6.00 in fees Everytime
You tired..not happy

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2021
David

You wouldn't believe it, seniors are still trying to get money out of my account even though cancelled since March..
Now have to cancel account to stop it. Plus the fees I keep been charged*#*#
Not happy

Palepa
PalepaSydney, NSW

It was great

Yes it was good to talk to the custermer straight away they contact me about my funeral insurance but he did not mention about that when you are policy with them you get the $100 gift card that was disappointed for me but I might go to other funeral insurance

KarenNew South Wales

You sure do need it. It is perfect

Yes it is good value.You don't know when you need it.
It was easy to set up. I was asked a few questions and then I was told how much it was going to be.
It didn't take long at all.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Hi Karen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and that we can provide you with cover that is suitable to your needs.

Karen

Hi there. I had to send my name birthday and policy number. To cancel my Funeral policy

[Details Removed]

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

Hi Janette,
I am sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and wish to extend my sympathy to you and your family. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your family's experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

My mother passed away nearly 2 months ago and my father is still experiencing difficulties getting the claim processed. Now it’s being delayed because mum’s birth certificate and marriage certificate certified copies were not dated by the JP. What possible difference could a date make? They are certified copies with the JP’s registration number on them! Cannot believe this company is making us jump through hoops this way...especially for a grieving family. My parents hold another policy with a different company.....all they needed was a phone call and contact with the funeral director. Policy claim was paid within days of her funeral. Would never ever recommend this company...no idea when dad will get what is essentially HIS money back! Is this normal...should it really be this hard?

Hi Janette,

Geema
Geema

That is disappointing to hear as I was assured my policy would be paid out to my daughter , the beneficiary on receipt of a death certificate and phone call.

Hi Geema,
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. Located on our website is important information and the steps to follow when making a Funeral Insurance claim and the documents/forms that would need to be completed. This can be viewed by visiting; https://www.seniors.com.au/funeral-insurance/make-a-claim

Bell Perth WA
Bell Perth WAasked

Do the fees increase annually? Are you able to get funds back if you cancel ?

Hi Bell,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. As part of our Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance policies, we promise that your premiums will reduce by 5% every five years you hold your policy. With our Top Cover, you have the choice to cancel cover when you turn 85 to receive an Early Cash Back payment of 150% of your benefit. If you would like to discuss our policies further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message noting your contact details and I will arrange for a member of our team to contact you.

See all Seniors Funeral Insurance questions