Seniors Funeral Insurance
See the Best Funeral Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)
DavidMid North Coast, NSW

cancelled the policy,

I got into financial trouble, trying to cancel the policy, you took 4 mths and everyweek
Tryed to take money out of account,
Leaving me with $6.00 in fees Everytime
You tired..not happy

David

You wouldn't believe it, seniors are still trying to get money out of my account even though cancelled since March..
Now have to cancel account to stop it. Plus the fees I keep been charged*#*#
Not happy

Paul
PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very slow claim process

Long winded funeral payout process. On top of grieving my father, the claim process is arduous. Aust Seniors did not accept a coroner's confirmation of death letter nor 2 letters from the funeral director. The coroner's office sent a interim death certificate 3 weeks after Dad's death which I have forwarded onto Aus Seniors. This time I hoping we can finally receive our claim. My father was paying 8 yrs for this funeral insurance and we are disappointed how long this claim has taken. Please note: Claims office is closed on Fridays too.

Hi Paul,
I understand one of our team members has attempted to reach you, however, we were unable to get in touch. Is there a suitable time for our team to be in contact with you to discuss your experience further.
Kind Regards,

Deb.Perth, WA

Appalling customer service.

Kylie S.
Kylie S.Central Queensland, QLD

Making funeral claims easy for families is the biggest lie your ads imply

Frances
FrancesSydney, NSW

Please cancel my policy as of 09/10/2019

So far I have not received any paperwork or email regarding my account. I was advised that this would be in my email within 24 hours. I did notice that you promptly took out my payment. If this is how you conduct your business please cancel my policy as of today October 9th 2019
Regards......Frances Finn

Hi Frances,
Thanks for getting in touch and we're disappointed to hear of this. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information so that we can investigate.
Jessica

Just won't listen or make anything easy.

al we wanted to do is change the po box number as I made a mistake while I was setting up with my mother.
your people refused to do this simple thing can though she said at the start I was to discuon her behalf.

Hi Allan,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
RorySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Customer Service and Untrustworthy Company!!

Hi Rory,
I understand that our team spoke with your mother this morning and addressed her concerns.
Tess

Trav N
Trav NMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

30 days notice to cancel??

Terrible

I emailed for a quote and as soon as I pressed send someone was on the phone signing me up on the spot. I did not have time to digest just how much it would cost and review the policy at length before signing up. I now have had time to think about the policy and the cost and intend to cancel the policy.

Benedict G.Australian Seniors

We are sorry to hear that you would like to cancel your policy as we would love to keep you as a customer. If you could please send through your policy details as a private message we can arrange for a team member to contact you to assist further.

Review collected in partnership with Australian Seniors

Disappointed with admin policy side of things

Not happy with the way they structure their administration support. I was told one thing but they meant another. Had I known I would not have switched my policy to them. It nearly got all too hard for me and I nearly cancelled a brand new policy, I still might!

elsieperth

Their slogan is "A lump sum when your family needs it most"- they say they've paid it but four month

Benedict G.Australian Seniors

Hi Elsie, we received your correspondence on Facebook and hope to receive a private message from you shortly.

A disappointing experience

I made an enquiry about funeral insurance this morning and [name removed] was most helpful. Later I remembered I already have life insurance so I rang to cancel my policy. My request was met by a polite but firm brick wall. I requested repeatedly to have my policy cancelled as it was only a matter of hours old and was met with insincere promises from [name removed] that he could tailor a policy to suit me. Finally I must have got through, but I shouldn't have been put in that position. I felt that [name removed] would be held responsible if he didn't succeed in securing my account and that was why he wasn't listening to my requests. A shame. A real shame.

Tom

Bureaucratic, officious, unhelpful and totally useless

Insurance claim madeYes
Tom

Honestly, the last thing I want to do it contact you. I just want you to deliver my mother's funds - a straightforward issue that's been dragged out by surreal levels of bureaucracy at your end.

US83South East Queensland, QLD

Rip off merchants

I notified them that my Mum passed away within a week of knowing. Sadly she also passed away less than a month before we could claim on her funeral policy. (The PDS was a 12month no claim if not accidental so READ everything.) Received a call today that they were still taking money out of her account!!!! Now it will only be refunded once I can jump through their hoops. If you want to get funeral insurance avoid them like the plague. They don't help you and they rob the dead which is a lowlife act.

Insurance claim madeNo
US83

Hi. I emailed on Tuesday and again yesterday :) still haven't received a response. Emailed claims@greenstone.com.au as advised by the caller.

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

Hi Janette,
I am sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and wish to extend my sympathy to you and your family. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your family's experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

My mother passed away nearly 2 months ago and my father is still experiencing difficulties getting the claim processed. Now it’s being delayed because mum’s birth certificate and marriage certificate certified copies were not dated by the JP. What possible difference could a date make? They are certified copies with the JP’s registration number on them! Cannot believe this company is making us jump through hoops this way...especially for a grieving family. My parents hold another policy with a different company.....all they needed was a phone call and contact with the funeral director. Policy claim was paid within days of her funeral. Would never ever recommend this company...no idea when dad will get what is essentially HIS money back! Is this normal...should it really be this hard?

Hi Janette,

Geema
Geema

That is disappointing to hear as I was assured my policy would be paid out to my daughter , the beneficiary on receipt of a death certificate and phone call.

Hi Geema,
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. Located on our website is important information and the steps to follow when making a Funeral Insurance claim and the documents/forms that would need to be completed. This can be viewed by visiting; https://www.seniors.com.au/funeral-insurance/make-a-claim

Bell Perth WA
Bell Perth WAasked

Do the fees increase annually? Are you able to get funds back if you cancel ?

Hi Bell,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. As part of our Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance policies, we promise that your premiums will reduce by 5% every five years you hold your policy. With our Top Cover, you have the choice to cancel cover when you turn 85 to receive an Early Cash Back payment of 150% of your benefit. If you would like to discuss our policies further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message noting your contact details and I will arrange for a member of our team to contact you.

See all Seniors Funeral Insurance questions