Seniors Funeral Insurance
See the Best Funeral Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)
DavidMid North Coast, NSW

cancelled the policy,

I got into financial trouble, trying to cancel the policy, you took 4 mths and everyweek
Tryed to take money out of account,
Leaving me with $6.00 in fees Everytime
You tired..not happy

David

You wouldn't believe it, seniors are still trying to get money out of my account even though cancelled since March..
Now have to cancel account to stop it. Plus the fees I keep been charged*#*#
Not happy

Paul
PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very slow claim process

Long winded funeral payout process. On top of grieving my father, the claim process is arduous. Aust Seniors did not accept a coroner's confirmation of death letter nor 2 letters from the funeral director. The coroner's office sent a interim death certificate 3 weeks after Dad's death which I have forwarded onto Aus Seniors. This time I hoping we can finally receive our claim. My father was paying 8 yrs for this funeral insurance and we are disappointed how long this claim has taken. Please note: Claims office is closed on Fridays too.

Hi Paul,
I understand one of our team members has attempted to reach you, however, we were unable to get in touch. Is there a suitable time for our team to be in contact with you to discuss your experience further.
Kind Regards,
Scott

Still not happy with being overpriced when lm only on a disability support pension raising my grandson 13yrs10mths

Not good value at all sorry but l think your extremely expensive l took out POLICY after my son died from a rare cancer realization of how much a funeral cost DEVASTATED me being only on a disability support pension but l was told a price told l would receive will kit pricing was way higher and no will kit

Heike
HeikePerth, WA

The height of incompetence

DougTMelbourne

Not happy with the costs.

Not good value for me as i am struggling to pay the ever increasing premium, i will never recommend a funeral insurance to anyone that i know as far as I'm concerned it is a total waste of money. Ny

Hi Doug,
I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction in relation to your policy. If you would like to discuss your premiums with us further, I have sent you a private message to obtain further details.

DougT

Thank you for your prompt response to my concerns, the lady i spoke to was very friendly and helpful, but there wasn't very much she could do for me at this time with the type of policy i have.

DaleSouth East Queensland, QLD

When are you going to help your clients that need some help now from you

I have never received any bonuses, e vouchers, or anything to help me during this bad time when I am living under a much stricter budget n or have I received any other kind of support from you like other companies who sell funeral plans and have been doing for a long time. I have always paid my premiums on time without fail for many many years and I would have been appreciative if I got some kind of support from you like I have got from APIA, Pet insurance Australia, etc.

Hi Dale,
I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further for you. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Hi Dale,
Thank you for confirming your details. I have passed these onto our team to reach out to you to discuss your policy and situation further.

Deb.

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Kylie S.
Kylie S.Central Queensland, QLD

Making funeral claims easy for families is the biggest lie your ads imply

Frances
FrancesSydney, NSW

Please cancel my policy as of 09/10/2019

So far I have not received any paperwork or email regarding my account. I was advised that this would be in my email within 24 hours. I did notice that you promptly took out my payment. If this is how you conduct your business please cancel my policy as of today October 9th 2019
Regards......Frances Finn

Hi Frances,
Thanks for getting in touch and we're disappointed to hear of this. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information so that we can investigate.

Find out how Seniors Funeral Insurance compares to other Funeral Insurance

Just won't listen or make anything easy.

al we wanted to do is change the po box number as I made a mistake while I was setting up with my mother.
your people refused to do this simple thing can though she said at the start I was to discuon her behalf.

Hi Allan,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Review collected in partnership with Australian Seniors

Maged
Maged

It is ok

I am ok with this policy but I am not happy with the annual increase as long as there is no claim also if I cancel this policy without any claim I should have some entitle

It's good

Policy was good value and easy to set up Zain was very helpful with my request. It didn't take long as I thought it would so I'm happy and the value for your money is worth it

Hi Akosita Veatokelau,
Welcome to Australian Seniors. We are thrilled to hear that through Zain’s helpful guidance you were able to set up this valuable protection with ease. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Sharon.

Kathleen
Kathleen

Suitable for my needs

The process was good, easy to understand, the staff were polite, friendly and respectful. The cost was good, not exceptional, better than other quotes. All in all a satisfactory process

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear of the great service that you have received and that we are able to provide you with cover that is suitable to your needs.

RorySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Customer Service and Untrustworthy Company!!

Hi Rory,
I understand that our team spoke with your mother this morning and addressed her concerns.
Tess

Lorraine
LorraineCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good to have end of life cover so my kids don't have to pay my funeral

Yes reasonable value for end of life as long as costs don't rise to much. No I have never had a claim. Staff are always polite when phoned to give up dated details

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

Hi Janette,
I am sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and wish to extend my sympathy to you and your family. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your family's experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

My mother passed away nearly 2 months ago and my father is still experiencing difficulties getting the claim processed. Now it’s being delayed because mum’s birth certificate and marriage certificate certified copies were not dated by the JP. What possible difference could a date make? They are certified copies with the JP’s registration number on them! Cannot believe this company is making us jump through hoops this way...especially for a grieving family. My parents hold another policy with a different company.....all they needed was a phone call and contact with the funeral director. Policy claim was paid within days of her funeral. Would never ever recommend this company...no idea when dad will get what is essentially HIS money back! Is this normal...should it really be this hard?

Hi Janette,

Geema
Geema

That is disappointing to hear as I was assured my policy would be paid out to my daughter , the beneficiary on receipt of a death certificate and phone call.

Hi Geema,
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. Located on our website is important information and the steps to follow when making a Funeral Insurance claim and the documents/forms that would need to be completed. This can be viewed by visiting; https://www.seniors.com.au/funeral-insurance/make-a-claim

Bell Perth WA
Bell Perth WAasked

Do the fees increase annually? Are you able to get funds back if you cancel ?

Hi Bell,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. As part of our Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance policies, we promise that your premiums will reduce by 5% every five years you hold your policy. With our Top Cover, you have the choice to cancel cover when you turn 85 to receive an Early Cash Back payment of 150% of your benefit. If you would like to discuss our policies further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message noting your contact details and I will arrange for a member of our team to contact you.

See all Seniors Funeral Insurance questions