Seniors Funeral Insurance
See the Best Funeral Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian Seniors

Still not happy with being overpriced when lm only on a disability support pension raising my grandson 13yrs10mths

Not good value at all sorry but l think your extremely expensive l took out POLICY after my son died from a rare cancer realization of how much a funeral cost DEVASTATED me being only on a disability support pension but l was told a price told l would receive will kit pricing was way higher and no will kit

DougTMelbourne

Not happy with the costs.

Not good value for me as i am struggling to pay the ever increasing premium, i will never recommend a funeral insurance to anyone that i know as far as I'm concerned it is a total waste of money. Ny

Hi Doug,
I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction in relation to your policy. If you would like to discuss your premiums with us further, I have sent you a private message to obtain further details.

DougT

Thank you for your prompt response to my concerns, the lady i spoke to was very friendly and helpful, but there wasn't very much she could do for me at this time with the type of policy i have.

DaleSouth East Queensland, QLD

When are you going to help your clients that need some help now from you

I have never received any bonuses, e vouchers, or anything to help me during this bad time when I am living under a much stricter budget n or have I received any other kind of support from you like other companies who sell funeral plans and have been doing for a long time. I have always paid my premiums on time without fail for many many years and I would have been appreciative if I got some kind of support from you like I have got from APIA, Pet insurance Australia, etc.

Claim Made No

Hi Dale,
I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and we would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further for you. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Hi Dale,
Thank you for confirming your details. I have passed these onto our team to reach out to you to discuss your policy and situation further.

Shiree Holden
Shiree Holden

No help during these hard times

Tried to defer payments in the current situation of virus & down time in work no help at all cancelled policy at this time look for more options when times improve

Claim Made No

Maged
Maged

It is ok

I am ok with this policy but I am not happy with the annual increase as long as there is no claim also if I cancel this policy without any claim I should have some entitle

It's good

Policy was good value and easy to set up Zain was very helpful with my request. It didn't take long as I thought it would so I'm happy and the value for your money is worth it

Hi Akosita Veatokelau,
Welcome to Australian Seniors. We are thrilled to hear that through Zain’s helpful guidance you were able to set up this valuable protection with ease. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Sharon.

Kathleen
Kathleen

Suitable for my needs

The process was good, easy to understand, the staff were polite, friendly and respectful. The cost was good, not exceptional, better than other quotes. All in all a satisfactory process

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear of the great service that you have received and that we are able to provide you with cover that is suitable to your needs.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Lorraine
LorraineCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good to have end of life cover so my kids don't have to pay my funeral

Yes reasonable value for end of life as long as costs don't rise to much. No I have never had a claim. Staff are always polite when phoned to give up dated details

Vicki
VickiCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Many More With Fortnightly Payments

It would be fantastic if you gave Seniors & Pensioners Fortnightly Payments. I feel that your would get so many more take up policies with your organisation. Please give this consideration.

Vicki
VickiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Ok for what it is

Reasonable value, easy to set up, not sure how family will know how to access when required. One less bill family will need to pay .Have not lodged a claim

Annalise
AnnaliseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Would like to hear more from you as I sometimes forget I even have a funeral policy.

Was easy to set up never lodged a claim and policy was good value, I would just like to have more up dates as to where I am at and any other offers you may have that could benifit me.

Hi Annalise,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are constantly looking to advance the services that we provide to our customers. I have passed your feedback onto the relevant team.
Regards,
Tess

It suits me.

Good value. Easy to set up and clear, and all adjustments were explained.
Prompt response to any questions I had.
All correspondence was done as I had asked.
Would recommend to anyone.

Hi Steven,
What a great review. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a positive experience. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support, we really appreciate it.
Regards,
Tess

standard funeral package

no problems other than the debit order post date varies (sometimes fairly significantly) from month to month which impacts negatively in my mind on the value of the product itself.

Kim J
Kim JNewcastle

New account

As I have only just joined it today, it is too early to tell. If what I have been told comes about when needed, it will be good. I am happy to be told that my monthly payments will never rise.

Review collected in partnership with Australian Seniors

Too soon to know

Hated repeating myself. Should able to give a quote without repeating your name, dob, Address, phone number etc. It's too time consuming and should just be able to give you a quote on the the amount of cover you want. THEN go ahead with the rest.

Benedict G.Australian Seniors

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you need any assistance in the meantime, please private message us your contact details and we will have someone call you back.

Review collected in partnership with Australian Seniors

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

Hi Janette,
I am sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and wish to extend my sympathy to you and your family. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into your family's experience and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

JanetteA
JanetteAasked

My mother passed away nearly 2 months ago and my father is still experiencing difficulties getting the claim processed. Now it’s being delayed because mum’s birth certificate and marriage certificate certified copies were not dated by the JP. What possible difference could a date make? They are certified copies with the JP’s registration number on them! Cannot believe this company is making us jump through hoops this way...especially for a grieving family. My parents hold another policy with a different company.....all they needed was a phone call and contact with the funeral director. Policy claim was paid within days of her funeral. Would never ever recommend this company...no idea when dad will get what is essentially HIS money back! Is this normal...should it really be this hard?

Hi Janette,

Geema
Geema

That is disappointing to hear as I was assured my policy would be paid out to my daughter , the beneficiary on receipt of a death certificate and phone call.

Hi Geema,
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. Located on our website is important information and the steps to follow when making a Funeral Insurance claim and the documents/forms that would need to be completed. This can be viewed by visiting; https://www.seniors.com.au/funeral-insurance/make-a-claim

Bell Perth WA
Bell Perth WAasked

Do the fees increase annually? Are you able to get funds back if you cancel ?

Hi Bell,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. As part of our Australian Seniors Funeral Insurance policies, we promise that your premiums will reduce by 5% every five years you hold your policy. With our Top Cover, you have the choice to cancel cover when you turn 85 to receive an Early Cash Back payment of 150% of your benefit. If you would like to discuss our policies further, please do not hesitate to send me a private message noting your contact details and I will arrange for a member of our team to contact you.

See all Seniors Funeral Insurance questions