Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. To get a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

4.4

Joanne

JoanneVictoria

First timer. Hope this insurance does help us with less stress.

I had a look at various insurances and it was complicated to choose the right one for my cats. This insurance sounds good to me. It was easy to set up and had a look at quotes.

Number of Pets-2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Annette

AnnetteSydney, NSW

I have been with Seniors for a couple of years. I have had a couple of claims which were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Seniors kept me informed and acknowledged when I sent emails and claims. It was a very good decision to have this insurance

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Katharyn

KatharynIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic Service

Joel was fantastic, I was very impressed with his knowledge and how easy he made the join. He wasn't pushy, he was helpful and that made all the difference. Plus the policy itself is quality, I personally reviewed the top 6 companies (and I review Health Insurance for my job), and this one topped all the rest. That along with the customer service got me in.

Janine

JanineWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Who would have thought

When I took out Pet Insurance with Seniors Ins. I did not expect a refund to be processed for at least a week.
Much to my surprise, it only took 3 working days and the refund was in my bank. This is not a "one off". I highly recommend Seniors Pet Insurance and class myself one very happy customer.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Great service, easy to apply, very professional delivery . all questions answered fully and in plain English .. the agent I spoke to was polite and friendly I would recommend the policy to all my friends.

Number of Pets3 pets
Wendy

WendyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick service

First time claiming. Rang them to check on the process - very friendly and helpful. Lodged claim through the online portal and had confirmation of benefits due within 2 days. Amount was credited to my bank account the next day. Very smooth process.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have to fight to get claim refund every time.

Every time I have made a claim it takes on average two months and many phone calls to chase up the refund. Still waiting on my latest claim that was made at the beginning of June when I have supplied all documentation.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo
Steve

SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

perfect pet insurance

the pet insurance was just what I wanted with the cover I needed. It was easy to set-up over the phone and Amy was so helpful
Will recommend to the policy to other dog owners

Hassle free service

I have experienced a seamless process where my vet lodges the claim online, I get an immediate text message from seniors that they are processing my claim and then within a couple of working days seniors credit my account and send a very polite email confirmation. Great service.

Bruce

BruceGoulburn Valley, VIC

Pet claim

Great service, fast and efficient. If you require people to complete reviews don’t put a word limit on them as people won’t respond. Personally I will never complete another review as I hate wordy answers.

AinsH

AinsHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive but really necessary.

average for the cover offered, not hard to apply for, claims take a while, but mostly due to post, have with this company for nearly four years, only one complkaint, yearly visitn was billed by vet as injection & did not show consult fee seperate, there for only paid injection amount, even though I pointed out the fact that it was the annual visit & only a portion of bill was for the injection.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Grant

GrantSydney, NSW

Fantastic Product.

Easy to claim online, and I have never had a claim declined. Great protection for us and our French Bulldog. It was easy to apply also, and if you have a problem breed like us, I recommend applying as soon as you get your puppy home.

Lesley752

Lesley752Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent no quibble claim process. Best pet insurance I have come across.

Excellent value, helpful friendly staff. I have had pet insurance for over 8 years with Seniors and had the best service throughout. The claim process is easy to use and quick to reimburse expenses.

Gillian

GillianIllawarra, NSW

Thank goodness I have this insurance!

Owning a couple of dogs & sometimes fostering rescue dogs can sometimes have accidents. My policy was easy to set up. My vet now does Gap only with insurance so the claims only took about 10 mins. Ive been with Australian Seniors Insurance for over 3 years.

Ina Debruyn

Ina Debruyn

Very happy as withomut my pet insurance i would not have been able to keep my little dog.

Very good value. It was easy to set up by phone. I have been nearly 2 years with australian seniors and would not want to change. Thank you very much for your fast and caring service.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Cheryl

CherylSouth West, WA

Fast and efficient service

My policies are excellent value for my 2 dogs.
My claim took 3 days, for up to 80% of my vet bills to be returned to my account.
It was a very quick and efficient turnaround.
I have been happily with Australian Seniors for my pets insurance for 3 years and would highly recommend them.

Corinne

CorinneSydney, NSW

Great pet insurance

After a costly incident with my cat, I decided to get Pet Insurance. After researching different pet insurance companies I found Seniors Pet Insurance to be good value for money. Within 10 months I found it necessary to make 2 claims after my cat decided to eat things he shouldn’t have.... twice.Seniors Pet Insurance were very easy to deal with and paid me pretty quickly.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2020
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
LINDA

LINDAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very pleasant phone manner;

The product is good value; I had compared it with others and it appears more comprehensive; easy to set up and delivered the material as promised. rep. called back promptly as requested by me.

Catie Bortolot

Catie BortolotGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hopeless

I initially was with RSPCA with all three animals I transfer 2 of them with seniors, the older dog did not have enough cover with seniors for poor.
I was paying more with RSPCA and should have stayed there I will be taking my cat back there but unfortunately my dog Jack will be to old......am really disappointed

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog

Hi Catie,
I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.
Jessica

Excellent Value

Yes it was easy and very affordable
Thank You it was one of the best policy I found and it is just the cover I wanted for my puppy
Good value

Elkeasked

What is Not covered?

Hi Elke,
Thank you for reaching out. You can find more information about our Pet Insurance on our website, https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance
Alternatively, if you would like for one of our team members to reach out to you, please send me a private message with your policy details and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

Elke

Please email me what is not covered as requested, not a web address link, as sent.

Hi Elke,
I apologise, as we do not have access to your email address via Product Review. All information on what is and is not covered is available on our website in our Policy Booklet. To view our Policy Booklet please visit our website; https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-pet-insurance-policy-booklet.pdf
It would be beneficial to speak with one of our team members directly to discuss policy coverage and exclusions in more depth specific to you and your pets. If you would like me to arrange this for you, please send me a private message with your contact details and I will organise for the relevant team to be in touch with you.

none

noneasked

Seniors Pet Insurance

how do I get a quote please

Hi there,
Thank you for reaching out. To get a quote you can visit our website https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance
Alternatively, if you would like a for one of our team members to contact you, please send me a private message with your full name and contact number and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

none

noneasked

quote?

Hi there,

Lyn

Hi None. Initially I did an online search to see what was available with regard to what companies had pet insurance. From this I looked at what options were available with regard to type of care that was covered. eg Policy limit, routine care, emergency boarding fees, paralysis tick treatment, cruciate ligament limit, consultation fee limit, what is the age limit for cover(this is very important as many policies cease when your dog is 9 years old). I rang and got a quote from a couple of places and ended up going with Seniors Pet Insurance but you have to be 50+hrs old. I have found their service to be excellent. I don't have cat insurance so I can't comment on this. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me,

Regards,