Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. To get a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

4.4

SusanMelbourne

Didn’t receive insurance pack at first place, but was remedied after contact. Update: Claim was super fast and easy.

I have since last Nov insured with Senior Pet Insurance for my dog. I still didn't receive the said insurance package and certificate though the fortnight direct debit is punctual.

Hi Susan,
I am just following up as I understand a team member has been in contact and sent your documents via email. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Susan

Hi Alisa, Thank you for following up. Yes I have got the document by now.
Susan

Really needed this, so reasonable so I can afford to protect my cat and ensure I can keep her.

I already have a funeral policy with Seniors. I shopped around and Seniors pet insurance was the best I found. People on the phone so easy to deal with. Thankyou

Karen mcmillan

Karen mcmillanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Customer Service

Due to our new Cavoodle pup, fracturing her knee, we have been stressed by not only her accident, but by the cost of the hospital, surgery and after care approximately $5000, so we have added surety for her and our future by taking the Top cover in the event of another accident/illness.

Lorraine M.

Lorraine M.Perth, WA

Had to make a claim online, easy to use. Prompt and quick response.
Hassle free.
Paid out in record time within a week.
Have been with seniors just over a year.
Would highly recommend.

Hi Lorraine,
Thank you for sharing your review and recommendation with us. I am thrilled to hear of the ease in which you were able to submit your claim online and that we could finalise this efficiently for you.

S J

S JGippsland, VIC

Just signed up,it was easy over the phone.

I contacted Seniors a couple of days ago about Pet Insurance online. I received a phone call that day, and Lilly was very helpful. Answered my questions and queries, sent info by email that day

Hi S J,
What a great review. We are thrilled to hear that you have had such a positive experience setting up your policy with Lilly. Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we really appreciate it.

Lorraine A.

Lorraine A.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Policy set up was easy and smooth the operator was helpful and happy to talk with.
I had a few questions that were answered swiftly and efficiently by the operator and

Hi Lorraine,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and of the great service that you have received from our team.

Have been with company for 3.5, claims are settled quickly

As per above,I have given a review of sorts, I don't appreciate being told how to review bin,was,cccc,bbbbb,bin,gggnjjjn high fffff ssss,huh kill lllll sass high ff dddf, Innn kill high bank

Hi Geoff,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that we have been able to assist in finalising your claims efficiently for you.
Jessica

We have found your service absolutely first rate

Not that easy, but we got there in the end. We have lodged a number of claims and were paid within the week, excellent. we have been with you for about 18 months.

Hi Helen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we really appreciate it. We are pleased to hear that we have been able to assist with your claims and provide you with peace of mind, knowing your dog is covered.

Dorothy

DorothyFar North Queensland, QLD

So happy I had insurance for my dog

Claim took a long time before payment even after all details were forwarded. I have been with Seniors’s pet insurance since my dog was 12weeks old. She’s now three and half years old. Contract said payment within two days

Ann

AnnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

These days it’s important to have pet insurance.

For the first time in 20 years of owning dogs I had to use my insurance. The claims were processed in about two weeks. I received sms updates.The people handling my case were absolutely amazing.

Chris from PerthPerth, WA

Appalling customer service

Initial contact

Set up initial policy. First time with this company.Will be interested to see how it works out if we need to use it .Nick was very helpful on his call to me

Hi Mich,
It is wonderful to hear of the great service that you have received from Nick and that we can provide you with cover that is suitable to your needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Cindy

CindyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It will be good for me and my baby Bella

Just today And I'm so excited with your services Look forward to working with you I'm the years to come thank you Our pets are well looked after with u

Hi Cindy,
Welcome to Australian Seniors. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I am thrilled to hear that we have been able to provide you with cover that is suitable for Bella.
Jessica

The ability to lodge claims easily and haven’t policies that make sense and are value for money. Prompt information was provided both on the phone and via email to me

Jan H

Jan HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reasonable with good service

Our policy was fair value. It was easy to set up. Being our first claim we had to send in our dog's full veterinary history which took some organizing. Once we did this the claim was resolved within 2 weeks .
We took out the policy within the last 6 months and we are pleased with the service.

mickeydelumpa

mickeydelumpaMelbourne

getting too expensive

I thing that the amount I get back for my dog does not warrant the expense
I would be better putting aside $80 a month and saving it for any Vet expenses.
I think I would be way ahead $960-1000

Terry T.

Terry T.Alice Springs, NT

It allows us to provide the best of care for Max

Very good value, the young lady who signed us up was very patient and helpful in explaining the benefits of the pet insurance.
The returns to the claims was in reasonable time.
We have been in senior insurance for approximately 9 months.

Deb

DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pawfect Policy

I've made 3 claims since commencing my policy and each time I've had fantastic customer service and so easy to claim.
Would highly recommend this policy to anyone who is looking for pet insurance

Steve

SteveMelbourne

Quick and easy to open a new policy

I compared several polices and decided Australian Seniors best suited my needs; the price was slightly better than the three other providers I considered, and also the cover was better.

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors community. I am delighted to hear that after comparing policies you found our policy best suited your needs and budget. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Sharon

Gary

GaryPearce 2607, ACT

Quick and easy

My pet has been insured with this company for 3 years. Claim was resolved in a week. Although claim was resolved quickly there was no notification of the completion of the claim.

Elkeasked

What is Not covered?

Hi Elke,
Thank you for reaching out. You can find more information about our Pet Insurance on our website, https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance
Alternatively, if you would like for one of our team members to reach out to you, please send me a private message with your policy details and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

Elke

Please email me what is not covered as requested, not a web address link, as sent.

Hi Elke,
I apologise, as we do not have access to your email address via Product Review. All information on what is and is not covered is available on our website in our Policy Booklet. To view our Policy Booklet please visit our website; https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-pet-insurance-policy-booklet.pdf
It would be beneficial to speak with one of our team members directly to discuss policy coverage and exclusions in more depth specific to you and your pets. If you would like me to arrange this for you, please send me a private message with your contact details and I will organise for the relevant team to be in touch with you.

none

noneasked

Seniors Pet Insurance

how do I get a quote please

Hi there,
Thank you for reaching out. To get a quote you can visit our website https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance
Alternatively, if you would like a for one of our team members to contact you, please send me a private message with your full name and contact number and I will arrange for the relevant team to be in touch.

none

noneasked

quote?

Hi there,

Lyn

Hi None. Initially I did an online search to see what was available with regard to what companies had pet insurance. From this I looked at what options were available with regard to type of care that was covered. eg Policy limit, routine care, emergency boarding fees, paralysis tick treatment, cruciate ligament limit, consultation fee limit, what is the age limit for cover(this is very important as many policies cease when your dog is 9 years old). I rang and got a quote from a couple of places and ended up going with Seniors Pet Insurance but you have to be 50+hrs old. I have found their service to be excellent. I don't have cat insurance so I can't comment on this. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me,

Regards,