Seniors Travel Insurance - Top Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Top Cover (page 2 of 7)

Dianne

DianneSydney, NSW

They are no longer selling annual policies, and they have changed their underwriter since our last policy

After a lot of research, we chose this company last year for an annual travel insurance for someone 76, one reason being the excellent review their underwriter Chubb got. Now I go to take out another policy they no longer offer an annual policy (may do so later) and the reviews for their new underwriter "Hollard" are not very good at all

DestinationAfrica, Europe and Middle East

Hi Dianne,
Thank you for reaching out and for the feedback you have provided. We're always looking for ways to improve. I have passed this feedback on to the relevant department for future consideration.
Alisa

Wonderful Customer Service

Yes, we believe the policy is good value and was quite easy to organise by phone.
We've used Australian Seniors for the past four years and believe they offer excellent value for money.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Excellent professional service and information.

Found the professionalism, helpfulness and friendliness of the interviewer of a high standard. The policy appears very suitable for our requirements.
We have used this company on previous occasions with no problems.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Website easy to understand

Website is user friendly. Site easy to understand. This company had good reviews. Cover is very comprehensive. Call centre staff very friendly and helpful. However the proof will be if we need to make a claim.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

I haven't travelled yet so can't comment

The first time I have used them for travel. The representative was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. It took me several days and several phone calls to lodge this claim.

JuJu

JuJuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent so far

The policy seems good value. As I have just taken it out, I cannot quote on anything else. It was easy to take out and the person I spoke to was informative.

Straight forward travel insurance

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child, Senior and Teenager

Ghiselaine

GhiselainePerth, WA

Peace of mind

This is my 3rd time using this travelling insurance.Ihave always been happy with the price and the staff are very good in explaining everything clearly.,and very easy to set up. Thankyou jocelyne

Insurance Cover For:Child and Senior

peace of mind

The lady on the other end of the telephone was pleasant,knowledgable,and very helpful.
We havn't had our trip yet so are unable to comment on what might happen in the case of a claim,
however having been dealing with seniors in all aspects of insurance i take this policy with every confidence.

Tee Bags

Tee BagsSouth East Queensland, QLD

excellent service

Yes very good value and very easy to set up. Kayla was very helpful and explained everything to me. She also answered all my questions.
No claim lodged
First time we have used your company

DestinationNew Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Hi Tee Bags,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear of the ease in which you were able to set up your policy and of the great service that you have received from Kayla.

Janet

JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very helpful

First time using this insurer and haven't commenced my trip as yet. Very helpful communication with the representative on the phone without having to be held on hold for a long time. I requested they ring me back at a set time after I'd read the PDS and they did. I feel confident with this insurance.

DestinationMiddle East

BCBG

BCBGSydney, NSW

Convenient

I felt the premium charged was reasonable, until I was told Seniors Travel receives almost 40% of it, just for half an hour's work selling the policy. (Yes, all agencies receive commissions.) The assistant Claudia was very helpful and competent, and made sure I was aware of the implications contained in the policy. The office was close to my chosen travel agent, in a well-airconditioned shopping centre, thus being convenient on a very hot day.

Travel Insurance made easy

The application process was made easy by the knowledge of the staff person who took my phone enquiry.
The detail of existing health conditions was handled with ease as I soon became aware of the knowledge of the person I was dealing with and the process to complete the application was made simple.

DestinationNew Zealand

Roland

RolandPerth, WA

Good cover.

Very easy to get my travel insurance cover online. Instructions were simple and clear. There was no undue wait for a quote. There were alternative plans on offer and the premiums are reasonable.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Anthony

AnthonyIllawarra, NSW

Sustained excellence

Excellent cover at very reasonable premium.
We have utilised the services of Seniors Insurance many times and although we have never had a claim we are extremely satisfied with the service we receive.

Hi Anthony,
What a wonderful review. It is our pleasure to provide you with excellent service and cover suitable to your needs. Thank you for choosing Australian Seniors to again provide this value travel protection.

Dianne

DianneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Hassell Free Travel Insurance

It was so easy walking into a shop and speaking to a customer service person who set up the travel insurance policy. This was a much better option for me than arranging a quote online

Carol LSouth East Queensland, QLD

just right

We have used this Company many times for our annual travel insurance needs. A little disappointed at having to pay extra for medical cover that was included in previous policies

Hi Carol L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Keeping an open dialogue is how we improve the service we offer, and your feedback will assist with this.

Carol L

Can you tell me why I had to pay an extra $250 to cover my husbands medical condition which occurred in 2012 with no further problems

Hi Carol L,
Thank you for your reply. I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information to assist with your query.

Paula

PaulaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suitable travel insurance

Previous overseas travel was work related. My next trip is personal and this is the first time I have had to arrange travel insurance. Rate quoted was good value and was easy to set up.

Hi Paula,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors community. It is our pleasure to provide you cover suitable to your needs at a completive price. We hope you enjoy your upcoming trip and thank you for sharing your experience.

Georgina Wright

Georgina WrightBUSHMEAD

Needing a factual review

I am shopping around for insurance and I am tempted by the policy and price. However all the reviews I can see here are useless as they have not made a claim - it is pointless giving a review for a service that has not yet been received. So how can I determine if I want to buy this product? Perhaps not.

JohnQueensland

Good travel insurance

I originally chose Seniors Travel Insurance because my pre-existing medical conditions did not incur extra cost because they were controlled and I would not expect any travel incidents or need for additional cover. But this time I was hit with an additional $170 approx. charge because I wanted you to know about them else my policy may be void for all claim types.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
John

The survey implies I have just travelled but this is re a new policy. Other answers relate to past policies/travel. Your survey writers should step back and look at the questions.

Hi John,
Thank you for providing these details. I will pass your details on to a senior team member to get in contact with you and discuss the concerns you raised.

See all Seniors Travel Insurance reviews