Seniors Travel Insurance

12 questions from our users

Kev

Kevasked

We are 80 YOs, myself with no pre-existing conditions, my wife with cardiomyopathy well managed by medication and a pace-maker/ de'fib. Are you interested in covering us for 8 day Pacific Island cruise from 12th Feb

Philip B.
Philip B.

You will have to phone them.

Hi Kev,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our lovely team would need to speak with you further to discuss your request further. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information and will arrange for our team to reach out to you.

tryingtobehelpful

tryingtobehelpfulasked

This question applies to all the insurance products. I'm not sure why Product Review doesn't include a click option for indicating the review is in relation to making a claim. You would think the front office, when they take your money, would be a decent enough experience from most companies; I'm interested in hearing from the people who have actually tried to make a claim. Maybe a suggestion for Product Review to make an improvement here.

Rob L

Rob Lasked

Is repatriation to Australia covered in the event of an accident or illness?

Susan
Susan

I believe so.

John
John

I asked same question and yes it is also according to the PDS it is.

Hi Rob L.,
Thank you for your question. In our PDS under Section 17 are the terms and conditions when we will pay a benefit towards funeral or repatriation expenses. https://www.seniors.com.au/documents/seniors-single-trip-travel-insurance-pds.pdf
Sharon

Upa U.

Upa U.asked

do you cover 72 and 69 couple for multi trips

Hi Upa,
Thank you for reaching out to us. We do not offer multi-trip policies at this time, however we do offer single trip cover. To purchase a policy you must be at least 17 years of age and there is no upper age limit when applying for a single trip policy with us. However, health assessments and further screening may apply at certain ages. If you would like a quote, please send me a private message with your best contact number and I will arrange for one of our team to contact you.

David B.

David B.asked

Travel Insurance - Top Cover

Has anyone had to make a medical claim through Seniors Travel Insurance and how did you go?

Peter R.

Peter R.asked

In your details on this web page, you show a comparison of your 3 Travel Insurance Covers. What you said about Medical and Hospital Expenses surprised me, because in a quote you gave me you stated differently:

Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses Not Included Not Included Not Included

Can you clarify please?

Hi Peter,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. It does depend on the type of cover you were quoted on for this. However, I would appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you and have sent you a private message to obtain further information.

Kerry W

Kerry Wasked

Travel Insurance - Top Cover

My wife and I are doing a Mediterranean Cruise flying from Brisbane to Italy via AbuDhabi to pick up the cruise. We have two days in Italy in accomodation before boarding the cruise. We return via plane( after the cruise) to Brisbane from Italy via AbuDhabi. My question is, Is my wife and I covered for Air transport , accomodation as well as Cruise in one Policy? Some insurers offer Cruise option but I'm not sure if we are covered for all the things we need to do to get on the boat ? eg Planes travel, accomodation

Hi Kerry,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I would love to arrange for one of our team members to reach out to you and discuss our policies including our Cruise Pack to confirm what you would be covered for. Can you please send me a private message noting your best contact number and I will arrange for you to be contacted.

CHER

CHERasked

Travel Insurance - Top Cover

Hello, do you provide Multi Trip Annual Cover?
Cheers Cheryl Morris

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for reaching out to us. We currently do not offer Annual Cover, however we do offer Single Trip Cover.

Cath

Cathasked

I intend to ski canada. What support is there is there is accident or mishap and need to get help in Canada.

Hi Cath,
That sounds like a wonderful experience. As you have mentioned you will be skiing, when obtaining a quote we do have the option to include Snow Cover and Adventure Cover. If you have a medical emergency, you can contact us on +61 2 8883 7006 and for all other claim scenarios, you can contact us on +61 2 8883 7081. Further information on how to submit a claim is available on our website; https://www.seniors.com.au/travel-insurance/make-a-claim.

Marg

Margasked

My Cruise is for 10 days and leaves on the 13th August till the 23rd August 2019 it sails to New Guinea, is it too late to get the insurance, I am 81 years old.

Hi Marg,
Thank you for your enquiry. We would be more than happy to assist with your query in relation to travel insurance for your cruise. I can arrange for one of our lovely team members to contact you and provide you with a quote. If you would like a call, please send me a private message with your best contact number. I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

koki

I already have my house insurances(2) and car insurance through Australian Seniors do I get a discount for also taking out travel insurance?

koki

I have already asked the question. What do you want me to say here.

Jan A.

Jan A.asked

We are not travelling until July 2020. Is it better to take out travel insurance now, as we have prepaid for some of our trip or wait until closer to the departure date. I'm unsure if the premiums decrease as the departure date becomes closer. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Hi Jan A.,
Thank you for your question. All insurance companies may vary these requirements, however if you choose to insure with Australian Seniors you can take your policy 12 months in advance of when you travel. Your policy will start at the date of departure, except for cancellation or amendment expenses, which starts as soon as you purchase your policy. If you would like a quote, can you please send your contact details in a private message and I will arrange for a team member to give you a call. Our policy information can be found at https://www.seniors.com.au/travel-insurance if you would like more information.
Sharon

Denise Cook

Denise Cookasked

Going toChili in December I am a healthy eighty four year old Can I get insurance

Malgorzata
Malgorzata

Hello
I believe you can get your insurance with the Australian Seniors Travel Insurance, I just did.

Hi Denise,
Thank you for reaching out. You may be eligible for our Seniors One-Trip Travel. To obtain a quote, you can visit our website: https://www.seniors.com.au/travel-insurance/one-trip-travel-insurance or by calling us on 1800 004 005.
Tess