Seniors Travel Insurance

• Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No
Roger
RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic As Always

the policy is excellent value and was so easy to set up, the young man who dealt with me could not have been more professional or more friendly. I lodged a claim last year for a flight cancellation owing to British Airways strike, and this was dealt with really quickly. Think this is the 3rd or 4th time I have used Australian Seniors Insurance.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
JohnQueensland

Good travel insurance

I originally chose Seniors Travel Insurance because my pre-existing medical conditions did not incur extra cost because they were controlled and I would not expect any travel incidents or need for additional cover. But this time I was hit with an additional $170 approx. charge because I wanted you to know about them else my policy may be void for all claim types.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
John

The survey implies I have just travelled but this is re a new policy. Other answers relate to past policies/travel. Your survey writers should step back and look at the questions.

Hi John,
Thank you for providing these details. I will pass your details on to a senior team member to get in contact with you and discuss the concerns you raised.

Margaret
MargaretGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent cover, informative and friendly operator

Yes it was excellent value, most times it dudnt take long on phone.
I lodged a claim some months ago, and was paid promptly, although Chubb dud quibble until the last possible moment about accepting the claim
I cant remember how often I have used your company....possibly 13

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim DateFebruary 2019

So far - so good

Good Value no complain - It has taken me a bit of Time to set it up this Time.
1 Claim lodged - resolved in no Time.
It could be easy over 20 Times using this Insurance Company

DestinationEurope, Middle East, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim DateMay 2003

Hi Walter,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that we can continue to provide you with affordable cover that is suitable for your travels and I hope that you have an amazing time on your trip.

Jacko
JackoDarling Downs, QLD

Essential

Have used Seniors Insurance for a number of years and done extensive travel. Needed to make small claims twice and had no difficulties. It is easy to set up a policy via the website, but telephone assistance is always very helpful.

DestinationEurope, New Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

Hi Jacko,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we have been able to assist with your previous claims and of the ease in which you have been able to set up your policy.
Jessica

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Helen
HelenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great value. Will continue to be repeat customer

I always choose Australian Seniors Travel Insurance as my preferred insurer as they offer good rates and good cover. Had to make a claim June this year and the process was efficient with a quick turnaround for reimbursement.

Claim DateJune 2019

Problem with claim

Claim ok but for hospital on ship queen Elizabeth at sea classed as international not happy Paul. Policy easy to set up only one month about to resolve been a I three times

DestinationAustralia
Claim DateMarch 2019

Hi Paul T.,
I am sorry to hear about your experience . I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Comfortable to know I'm fully covered.

This is the third time we have used ASTI and, given the service, will continue to do so.
Have had one claim which ASTI handled promptly and successfully in stressful circumstances to us.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateFebruary 2017

Application for new policy

Have used this insurance company each year for the past 10 years and have been very satisfied. A claim two years ago was settled promptly. This new policy was difficult to set up [over 45 minutes on the phone] due to discussing pre-existing illness cover. Premium was paid and upon receiving full details by email noticed there were now many exclusions which I am not happy with and will be following up.

Claim DateJune 2017

Yvonne D
Yvonne DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best value travel insurance

I have always used Australian Seniors Ins. when I have travelled. Have used at least 12 - 14 times approx. Find it is necessary to have Travel Insurance especially being a Senior.

DestinationAustralia
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

Friendly site

I have uses Australian Seniors before and had no trouble including claims. The new policy took a bit longer because it asked for medicines etc which I hadn't been asked for before but eventually managed to work out what to do.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Would recommend Australian Seniors Travel Insurance.

The policy offered appeared a reasonable price. The length of time spent outlining the details was rather tedious. I have insured for my travel with Australian Seniors for over 6 years.

Claim DateMay 2019
SHIRLEY WHITE
SHIRLEY WHITECanberra 2600, ACT

travelling again

We are back again, as your price is the best on the market. This is the second time I think. But I do think the way the notifiable medical items are displayed is really hard to navigate. The site fell over three times when we were doing the selection, and now I will have to go back to see if it is really correct. I would love it if these things were worked through better. We travel yearly an the one time we claimed was a gastro bug caught before w could travel!..

Hi Shirley White,
I understand that a team member has been in contact with you about your query and this has now been resolved. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

Cheryle
Cheryle

Great travel insurance

Good value and easy to set up. It only took a couple of days for our claim to come through. This is the second time we have used it. We are going to Spain next year and will use it again.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMay 2019
Joan
JoanPerth, WA

I logged in for a quick quote and within a very short time my husband and I had our travel insurance done and paid for

I thought that for our age the price and cover was good value, we now use Seniors Travel Insurance for all of our trips, and probably keep doing it, thanks

Claim DateOctober 2018

Hi Joan,
What a wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that we can continue to provide you with this valuable protection at an affordable price. Thank you for choosing Australian Seniors and for placing your trust in us.

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Do we need travel insurance, Melbourne to Sunshine Coast, retrieved from a cancelled trip due to Covid.

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Like many other companies in Australia and around the world, we’ve had to make some changes due to the unforeseen impact of COVID-19.
In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of new Travel Insurance policies until further notice.
We’re hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.
Alisa

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Should we need travel insurance for a local Australian trip?

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.
Alisa

Shas D
Shas Dasked
Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36

See all Seniors Travel Insurance questions

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included