Seniors Travel Insurance

• <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (1)
Donald
DonaldSydney, NSW

A seamless experience

Seniors Travel Insurance was the best value product I could find on the internet. Its application process was clear, simple and effective. Its coverage the best offered at the price.

Travel Insurance

The cost is on the high side for seniors who wish to travel. Australian Seniors should consider reducing this cost to encourage more seniors to take up travel insurance and encourage them to take unnecessary risk.

Hi Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. We are always looking for ways to enhance the services that we provide to our customers and your feedback will assist with this.
Jessica

Col
ColMurray Region, NSW

Need to cover yourself when travelling domestic or International

Great value for money, takes away any concerns you may have as an older traveler. Everything was well explained by the operator when I contacted Seniors travel the pre existing medical conditions

Excellent service

Call answered quickly. Agent efficient and pleasant. All questions answered and plenty of information given. Very satisfied with the service and will look at using this insurance for other policies

Need for simplification

First time user. Cost higher than expected but decided to go with it due to the good reputation of Seniors. A Product Disclosure Statement of more than 60 pages is quite overwhelming. There is a need to simplify this documentation if clients have any hope of reading it.

Hi Ray,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. We are always looking to improve the service that we provide our customers and your feedback will assist with this.
Alisa

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Peter Gow
Peter GowSydney, NSW

Failure to call back

I spoke to Emma last week to enquire about International Travel Insurance.
We arranged for her to call me back on Monday, 10 February at 9.30am.
Emma never called on the Monday or even during the week. Really poor service.

Hi Peter,
I'm sorry to hear this happened, we would appreciate the opportunity to look into your experience and would like to arrange for you to be contacted. I have sent you a private message requesting further information.

Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

A few indiscretions

We thought it was good value.....but I am having second thoughts.
Very disappointed in in top cover in that if we had to cancel due to my 85year old mum possibly passing just prior to our departure (so we could do funeral etc) we would NOT be covered!!

Lianne
LianneSydney, NSW

Great

First time user. Consultant very friendly and answered all my questions. Easy to understand. Will use again. Good value. Hope if I have to claim it will be as easy.

Hi Lianne,
Welcome to Australian Seniors! I am pleased to hear you received friendly and informative service from one of our team members. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Cathie
CathieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent service

Delightful service, and solved all queries. Went the extra mile to help me get the travel insurance I need. Plus my follow up questions were answered clearly and mannerly. Really delighted with your service.

Hi Cathie,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is always amazing to hear of the great service that our customers are receiving and that you were provided with all information to make an informed decision.

Fran A.
Fran A.Hobart, TAS

Great for my need

Best value policy after researching. With a user friendly website to get a quote emailed so as able to accept and pay when convenient. I have used several times when needing extra cover over and above my credit card complementary insurance benefits.

overseas travel insurance

the policy was clearly explained & the consultant set it up for me over the phone. The consultant had a friendly manner and answered all my questions cheerfully, she did not rush me in any way. This is important when purchasing insurance.
This is the first time we have used this company.

DestinationEurope
Claim Made No
Catherine
CatherineWestern District, VIC

Hope if I need to use it, it will be as I'd require.

I insured with Seniors last year. I did it over phone last year. Easy. This year did it online. As a non techno I did find it a bit confusing. Still not sure if covered for my other medical things. I hope all covered now. A bit worried about Corona Virus if there is coverage or not.

TerencePerth, WA

mixed emotions

CONs: Convulted logic. WHY do you want personal information BEFORE I can even ask a general question? WHY do you then tell me you can only give general advice AFTER wanting my SPECIFIC details again, & again. Surely these details should not be required until an agreement to purchase is reached.
PROs: Excellent telephone service. Efficient transaction and timely delivery of documentation.

Terence

Thank you for your prompt reply which totally ignores my main concern

Travel cover

I found the person I was speaking to articulate and happy to answer my queries. The policy was easy to set up. The pertinent facts re: cancellation were pointed out and I was happy to accept.

Narelle
NarelleNorthern Region, NSW

It meets our Needs

Policy was good value compared to other companies, easy to apply. This is the first time I have taken travel insurance with Australian Seniors. Would have preferred that High blood pressure/Cholesterol were included in top cover. Most people in our age bracket take medication.

Find out how Seniors Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

I found seniors to be very quick and easy to apply for our future trip.

The policy was good value and included all the coverage that my wife and I require.
This is the first time we are using Seniors insurance.
We have had bad experiences with other insurance companies and it was a pleasure to deal with Seniors.

Glen
Glen

The website was a bit confusing but I managed to get my quote, I had some questions so I rang and spoke to a very informed person who answered all of my questions and some other things I had not thought of. She was excellent and easy to understand.

Rhonda
RhondaWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Simple, easy to navigate and quick.

This was an efficient and user friendly process. It was clear and informative leaving me feeling confident I had succeeded in completing all necessary steps required. It was my first experience with Australian Seniors travel insurance and I will be using them again for future travel.

Andreas
AndreasSydney, NSW

Some concern about unknown Underwriter - Hollard but backing Aust Seniors judgement

Yes Good value. Have used Aust Seniors/Chubb on a number of occasions which have proved satisfactory. Was Assured by your staff member Nina that the policy commences on payment and NOT at the date of travel - please advise if this is not correct.

Roger
RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic As Always

the policy is excellent value and was so easy to set up, the young man who dealt with me could not have been more professional or more friendly. I lodged a claim last year for a flight cancellation owing to British Airways strike, and this was dealt with really quickly. Think this is the 3rd or 4th time I have used Australian Seniors Insurance.

DestinationEurope
Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Covered all I was interested in at this time

For the time frame of intended travel, coverage suited my needs.Advantage of savings booking online extra incentive for me.Age didnt appear to be a barrier however the extra charge for a previous condition did seem unnecessary.

Peter
PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't leave home without it!!

We are repeat clients, again experiencing extremely good value given the premium and policy inclusions.
Margarita and Shannon were very professional and thorough in organising policies.
Would recommend the Insurance to others.

David
DavidSydney, NSW

Travel insurance, a necessary cost of international travel

It seemed a little more expensive than other trips although this was more extensive. I have not lodged a claim and this is our first policy with Aus Seniors. It was easy to set up as the representative explained all aspects and ensured I understood the application of key elements of the policy including pre existing medical conditions, a very important element for senior travellers.

Ticks all the boxes.

This was hassle free, organised by the phone and it is the first time I used this company for travel insurance. I have yet to travel but the premium seemed to be very reasonable.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Made No

Hi Rowena,
I'm glad to hear that our team member was able to organise affordable cover for you with ease. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and we hope you have a lovely trip.

Annie
AnnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

First Timer

Sooo easy to do, good options, great price. Thanks to Seniors Travel Ins I go on holiday’s with no worries. Will definitely be back for next trip later in the year overseas.

Hi Annie,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear of the great service that our customers are receiving and the value they are finding in our policies. Happy travels!

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Do we need travel insurance, Melbourne to Sunshine Coast, retrieved from a cancelled trip due to Covid.

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Like many other companies in Australia and around the world, we’ve had to make some changes due to the unforeseen impact of COVID-19.
In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of new Travel Insurance policies until further notice.
We’re hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.

john B.
john B.asked
Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Should we need travel insurance for a local Australian trip?

Hi John,
Thank you for reaching out with your query.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in the future.

Shas D
Shas Dasked
Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36
Jessica

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included