Seniors Travel Insurance

• <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (1)

I found seniors to be very quick and easy to apply for our future trip.

The policy was good value and included all the coverage that my wife and I require.
This is the first time we are using Seniors insurance.
We have had bad experiences with other insurance companies and it was a pleasure to deal with Seniors.

Glen

Glen

The website was a bit confusing but I managed to get my quote, I had some questions so I rang and spoke to a very informed person who answered all of my questions and some other things I had not thought of. She was excellent and easy to understand.

Rhonda

RhondaWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Simple, easy to navigate and quick.

This was an efficient and user friendly process. It was clear and informative leaving me feeling confident I had succeeded in completing all necessary steps required. It was my first experience with Australian Seniors travel insurance and I will be using them again for future travel.

Andreas

AndreasSydney, NSW

Some concern about unknown Underwriter - Hollard but backing Aust Seniors judgement

Yes Good value. Have used Aust Seniors/Chubb on a number of occasions which have proved satisfactory. Was Assured by your staff member Nina that the policy commences on payment and NOT at the date of travel - please advise if this is not correct.

Roger

RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic As Always

the policy is excellent value and was so easy to set up, the young man who dealt with me could not have been more professional or more friendly. I lodged a claim last year for a flight cancellation owing to British Airways strike, and this was dealt with really quickly. Think this is the 3rd or 4th time I have used Australian Seniors Insurance.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Covered all I was interested in at this time

For the time frame of intended travel, coverage suited my needs.Advantage of savings booking online extra incentive for me.Age didnt appear to be a barrier however the extra charge for a previous condition did seem unnecessary.

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't leave home without it!!

We are repeat clients, again experiencing extremely good value given the premium and policy inclusions.
Margarita and Shannon were very professional and thorough in organising policies.
Would recommend the Insurance to others.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Travel insurance, a necessary cost of international travel

It seemed a little more expensive than other trips although this was more extensive. I have not lodged a claim and this is our first policy with Aus Seniors. It was easy to set up as the representative explained all aspects and ensured I understood the application of key elements of the policy including pre existing medical conditions, a very important element for senior travellers.

Ticks all the boxes.

This was hassle free, organised by the phone and it is the first time I used this company for travel insurance. I have yet to travel but the premium seemed to be very reasonable.

Hi Rowena,
I'm glad to hear that our team member was able to organise affordable cover for you with ease. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and we hope you have a lovely trip.

Annie

AnnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

First Timer

Sooo easy to do, good options, great price. Thanks to Seniors Travel Ins I go on holiday’s with no worries. Will definitely be back for next trip later in the year overseas.

Hi Annie,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear of the great service that our customers are receiving and the value they are finding in our policies. Happy travels!

morrismcmahon

morrismcmahonSydney, NSW

Travel Insurance

Policy appears o be good & the help I received was excellent.
No I have not lodged a claim.
This is the first time iI have used Senior Travel Insurance. The help in setting up was Excellent

Hi Morrismcmahon,
Thank you for leaving such a great review. I'm so glad we were able to help you organise your cover for your trip. Safe travels!

First time client

Guy was extremely polite and explained every thing about the travel policy in detail and was nice to talk to an Australian voice that was easy to understand and took time with me

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you felt fully informed when making your decision and of the great service that you have received from Guy. Happy travels!

Betty

BettyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Looks OK and competitive but hopefully never need to check how good it is.

Easy to set up but the need to pay via a credit card only is not good as I don't have one. I'd (my son, who does all my electronic banking for me) would find it easier to pay via direct transfer of B-Pay.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

Great value with excellent cover

It was very easy to set up over the phone, the operator, Guy, was very helpful and explained everything very well. The cost of the cover is great value, couldn't be happier

Patricia

PatriciaIllawarra, NSW

great value

Policies represent great value for money especially with pre existing medical conditions. I have used company a few times in recent years for both domestic and international travel. On line process very easy and staff on phone extremely helpful.

Beverley

BeverleyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Travel Insurance, had good help in dealing with a recent medical condition.

Have used this travel insurance for three years but have not needed to make a claim. Therefore it is a bit hard for me to rate how efficient the service is but have been happy otherwise.

Hi Beverley,
Thank you for your review and your continued loyalty. I'm glad to hear you haven't been in a situation that you've needed to claim! We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

LynoraQueensland

relatively adequate

Easy to set up but unreasonable for the cover on blood pressure and cholesterol and osteoporosis as conditions are very minimal.
I have used this insurance company many times and have NEVER not been covered

Hi Jessica,
There was an error in the policy which has now been amended to include cover for blood pressure and cholesterol. Excellent service. Kind regards Lynora.

Karen

KarenSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Professionalism and helpful

The lovely Customer Service person I spoke with on the phone was very helpful and friendly. She answered my questions and the service provided was very professional. It was a bonus too that I spoke with an Australian and you are hooked up with an o/s call centre.
First time I've used the Seniors TI and did find it good value for money.
Very easy to set up over the phone, although I had gone online initially.

Travel Insurance

Very easy and informative site and the discount was a bonus. Reasonable cost. Thanks. Never used Seniors Travel Insurance before, but will again in future. Hopefully we don't have to make a claim.

Hi Carol,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear you found our website to be user-friendly and that we can provide you with an affordable option. Happy travels!

Vicki

VickiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very helpful consultant

I rang to find out how to deal with a minor pre-existing medical condition. The consultant was very helpful and patient. It was possible to get the insurance I needed with cover for the pre-existing condition at a very minor additional cost.

See all Seniors Travel Insurance reviews

Michael downes

Michael downesasked

Travel Insurance

Is there an age limit for overseas medical coverage

Hi Michael,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36

Maureen Coleman asked

Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Quote for domestic cover for 75 year old with no health problems from 14 August to 2 September. Dk you cover for cancellation because of border closures

Hi Maureen,

Thankyou

Pat F

Pat Fasked

Travel Insurance

I am considering traveling from Perth to the Gold Coast in September 2021 for a holiday. I intend bringing my golf clubs with me. I am thinking of booking a flight (one of the cheap flights) that does not offer a refund if the flight is cancelled so my question is am I able to take out insurance to cover the cost of my flights. Also can my accommodation costs be refunded and what is the situation regarding Covid? Thanks in anticipation of your response, Pat

Hi Pat,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. Our Domestic Cover is designed to cover you for holidays within Australia, and provides cover with the following benefits; Cancellation or Amendment Expenses, Medical & Non-Medical Additional Expenses, Missed connection and special events, Travel Delay, Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess, Luggage and Personal Effects, Delayed luggage & personal effects, Personal Liability, Accidental Death and Permanent Disability. Your level of Cancellation or Amendment expenses is capped at $10,000 and Our Domestic plan has a $50 Excess which is payable per event. Further information can be located within our Product Disclosure Statement which is available on our website: https://www.seniors.com.au/policy-documents#ui-id-13
Alternatively, if you would like to speak with a member of our team, please send me a private message noting your contact details.

See all Seniors Travel Insurance questions

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included