Seniors Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (0)
Darrell P

Darrell P

A must to Travel with Insurance.

Reasonably easy to set up, good value for two people. Nil Lodgment of a claim. Only one time previously, this is only the second time that we are now using Seniors Insurance

Hi Darrell P.,
Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure to hear that we can provide you suitable cover and peace of mind for when you travel. Enjoy your next trip.

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

It is good competitive cover

The policy is good value and was easy to set up thank you. Have used our facilities in the past and would recommend it to others if appropriate. Have had a claim in past and it was well handled although took some time to be pocessed.

Michele was very helpful

This is the third time we have used this insurance but its the first time either of us has had a diagnosis of a medical condition. I couldn't find the list of pre existing conditions on line so I phoned up. Michelle went through the long list of questions with me and completed the application

We have never made a claim

Kevin

KevinPerth, WA

Good value and easy to lodge application

Policy was good value with a discount from the original quote. Application was easy to follow but thorough. Yet to travel. Our bank detected payment to The Hollard Insurance as suspicious which was inconvenient.

Patricia

PatriciaPerth, WA

Seems to take too long, but it's worth it.

Service was efficient and reasonably quick - I know it takes a while to go thru everything thoroughly, disclosures etc.so it always seems to take forever. I found a couple of the questions a little ambiguous in their wording, had to ask for a repeat in one instance and then I "got it", but otherwise all good. I have used Seniors Travel Insurance several times before, never had a problem and never had to claim, so fingers crossed for this time too.

expensive cruise insurance

Booked online for ten days cruise Sydney/North Queensland return.
At $411 for two pensioners it's a big expense added to the cruise fare, never cost this much before.
And that's supposed to be after a 10% discount!

Good for us over 60.

Not being very computer wavy I found i was able to manage it after a few false starts. I have used the site twice before but not hard to claim thank goodness but it provide peace of mind when travelling

Easy to use

Have used your insurance before and never needed it. Gives peace of mind. Now i'm just typing to use up all of my thirty words i have to supply yep

Hi Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am thrilled to hear that we can provide you with the peace of mind, knowing that you are covered.

Gerryandanne

GerryandannePerth, WA

Felt comfortable after discussing my existing conditions

Dealt with Guy, he answered fully and factually on my existing conditions.I had looked at several other companies but I took the policy after discussing it fully with him and found he knew my conditions.

Find out how Seniors Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

We all need travel insurance

The policy has good value and very easy web site to use and understand the required questions. I will be using your company for my next voyage of adventure and discovery.

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

It is too early to rate the policy, but I was extremely happy with the price and the policy seems to adequately my trip.

I haven’t used Australian Seniors insurance before, but the policy appears to be excellent valve. It was easy to set up - Jackson as easy to understand and explained the points of the policy clearly.

Tony S

Tony SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very helpful and patient telephone consultant

I sought info on a pre-existing medical condition.
I've used Aust Seniors Travel Insurance for some years – previously a worldwide annual policy, which I thought was good value. A pity it's no longer offered.

Jay J

Jay JSydney, NSW

Travel insurance

The online purchase was straight-forward and price reasonable. Easy to complete application.
Second experience with seniors travel insurance, first time did over the phone but since 10% off for online gave that a try and it was all easy.

Easy to follow

I have not used Australian Seniors travel insurance before. I found it on line and it was relatively simple for me to follow. It appears good value for money for people of our age.

Bruce

BruceSydney, NSW

dissappointing

policy is good, telephone service was poor. operator did not have a good knowledge of product. I had to do policy online in order to complete.
I would not ring again.

Ron

RonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Seems reasonable value

The operator was very pleasant, curteous and patient as we waded through all the detail required. As with all insurance policies, I am hoping that I never have to use it,

Hi Ron,
What a lovely review. I am delighted to hear you found our representative pleasant and courteous as they assisted you with the finer details of our policy. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Sharon

Would recommend Australian Seniors Travel Insurance.

The policy offered appeared a reasonable price. The length of time spent outlining the details was rather tedious. I have insured for my travel with Australian Seniors for over 6 years.

Jenny

JennyPerth, WA

New customer

First time I have used this but is a very good premium compared to other companies for the items covered. The policy did not show full address as entered but I called and this was rectified without any problem.

Ross

Ross

Efficient and economical

Just joined up so no claims can be made at this time. We hope not to make any claim at all so hard to fill in this space. Nothing to say

Hi Ross,
We are delighted to welcome you to Australian Seniors and pleased we can provide you with suitable cover for when you next travel. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Happy with resolution.

First time set-up of travel policy occurred with incorrect name.
Policy cancelled without any issues within 14 day cool-off.
We will happily set up a new policy (with the correct name this time!)

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors

No issues - it was our error.
Pity it was easier to cancel (and later re-start) than to simply change the name on the policy. I do understand the reasons involved - thank you.
Regards
Tony

See all Seniors Travel Insurance reviews

Shas D

Shas Dasked

Travel Insurance

We’ve just booked to travel to Port Douglas out of Sydney....driving from Newcastle to Sydney......fromMay 18-May 22.... 2021... Given the latest COVID scare, how do we get insurance and will our holiday be covered?

Hi Shas,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. In accordance with the Australian Government’s travel restrictions and due to the complex and unpredictable nature of travel currently, we have taken the difficult decision to suspend sales of travel insurance. Like many, we are hopeful that the global response to COVID-19 will see us all travelling again soon. In the meantime, there may be other suitable options if you intend on travelling. You can refer to The Insurance Council of Australia website for a list of providers; https://www.findaninsurer.com.au/category/36

Michael downes

Michael downesasked

Travel Insurance

Is there an age limit for overseas medical coverage

Hi Michael,

Maureen Coleman asked

Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Quote for domestic cover for 75 year old with no health problems from 14 August to 2 September. Dk you cover for cancellation because of border closures

Hi Maureen,

Seniors Travel Insurance - Essential Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

Seniors Travel Insurance - Domestic Cover

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and PetCar, Funeral, Home and Contents and Pet
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Maximum Age Covered 89 years old89 years old89 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimited$10,000 (Domestic Only)
Accidental Death$25,000Not Included$15,000
Emergency Dental$5,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)24 weeks (pending assessment)
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$100 per day, up to $8,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Loss of Income$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not Included$15,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrsNot Included$500 after 24hrs, $1,000 after 72hrs
Credit Card FraudReplacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Travel Documents / Passport Replacement covered under "Non-medical additional expenses"Not IncludedReplacement covered under "Non-medical expenses"
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)$4,000 (Camera, laptop, or tablet)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $3,000,000$1,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccOptional for motorcycles/mopeds over 50ccNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $500Not IncludedNot Included